Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,622 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe (20360 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by SuperS1Panther: 10:53pm On May 09, 2017
Just recently the DSS invited a friend of mine and bonafide son of Nnewi, Chief (Dr) Ifeanyi Ubah of Capital Oil & Gas Ltd fame to come and give an account of the whereabouts millions of liters of PMS stored by NNPC on his Tank farms. Since this invitation, I have read some funny write-ups online in defense of the Nnewi Chief and some trying to read ethnic meaning to DSS intervention.

Now the truth is this: My good friend Chief Ifeanyi Ubah is capable of defending himself and Capital Oil & Gas Ltd. He has formidable structures in place and good lawyers to defend his case. He does not need yahoo, yahoo boys and girls and frustrated political hustlers to defend himself. He does not need internet rats and professional pay-me-I-write-for-you fraudsters. What I have been reading about this drama online is totally uncalled for. It is ridiculous, shameful and at best, clannish.

This brigandage did not start today. When Diezani Alison-Madueke was declared wanted by EFCC for fraud in the oil industry, we saw this kind of shameless intervention from people who should know better and those with full doses of Western education. When Stella Oduah was being probed for purchasing armored BMW cars at astronomical prices, some Igbo leaders rose to her defense. They erected billboards in the South-East and celebrated her with a chieftaincy title, Ada Igbo Nile. The impression being created is that prominent Igbo citizens are being persecuted because they are Igbo. I call this persecution complex, leadership complex and defeatist syndrome.

It is even annoying that Col. Sambo Dasuki's defense is being done not by his northern brothers but Igbo who are sworn to bland defense of everything PDP. They are the most fanatical mourners of the loss of Jonathan and PDP even when the Ijaws have moved on.

NIA boss, Ayo Oke has been facing series of interrogations by the EFCC concerning the Osborne Towers 15 billion naira cash haul and I have not read any Yoruba defending him. Babachir Lawal, the suspended SFG, is being probed for contract scam and yet I have not seen his kinsmen rising in his defense. They allow investigations to go the whole hog.

There are litanies of such trials of corrupt people of all ethnicities and tribes going on everywhere in Nigeria, but it is only Igbo who defend their fellow tribesmen implicated in scandals.

Yet this was not always the case for Igbo. Indeed, Ala Igbo is noted as a land where our ancestors and forefathers abhorred evil and treated corruption with unambiguous disapproval from even pre-colonial times.

What is wrong with present-day Igbo? What we see today is not our tradition. It is not our culture. Let nobody rewrite our history, our culture, and our tradition of eziokwu bu ndu (truth is life).

We see this funny re-occurring decimal more in the South-East and South-South and it is becoming a national embarrassment. It must stop. I am told that stupidity is knowing the truth, seeing the truth but believing in lies. Igbo are a very hard-working, proud and successful tribe, but we need to come down from a 30,000-foot building to make sense to other Nigerians.

We need to stop this aberration that is demeaning and ridiculing Igbo in Nigeria today. We need to caution ourselves before we become objects of ridicule and butts of ribaldry of other Nigerians, as is dangerously becoming the fad in the country today.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/09/please-stop-embarrassing-igbo-joe-igbokwe

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by forMom(f): 10:56pm On May 09, 2017
There is nothing more dangerous to the Igbo interest than another Igbo who has been empowered by Nigeria.

pazienza thanks for your signature.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by SuperS1Panther: 10:59pm On May 09, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Maclatunji

Please take this vital words of advice to FP.

7 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Tkester: 11:03pm On May 09, 2017
Trash! Igbokwe is a nonentitiy in Igbo land. Keep Masturbating with Igbokwe.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by maclatunji: 11:04pm On May 09, 2017
Excellent piece.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 09, 2017
You will see them as they come out to insult Joe Igbokwe. Yahoo - Yahoo, Internet Rats. They will leave the message and start to attack the messenger now.

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by SuperS1Panther: 11:06pm On May 09, 2017
deji15:
You will see them as they come out to insult Joe Igbokwe. Yahoo - Yahoo, Internet Rats. They will leave the message and start to attack the messenger now.

Just wait and see how the Sons and Daughters of Hatred will be screaming ''Yorubakwe'' like walking cadavers.

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by paramakina202: 11:08pm On May 09, 2017
Must this foolish Tiefnubu's slave involve Igbo in all his articles.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Afam4eva(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2017
maclatunji:
Excellent piece.
grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by DieBuhari: 11:11pm On May 09, 2017
Yoruba Muslims favourite man.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 09, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Just wait and see how the Sons and Daughters of Hatred will be screaming ''Yorubakwe'' like walking cadavers.
The loss of Jonothing at the polls has rendered them hopeless.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by DieBuhari: 11:12pm On May 09, 2017
Joe Igbokwe is far greater than Awolowo

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Lajet: 11:12pm On May 09, 2017
Yorubakwe Shut Up. you are a Nobody stop trying to force Yourself on us.Useless Man

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Afam4eva(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2017
forMom:
There is nothing more dangerous to the Igbo interest than another Igbo who has been empowered by Nigeria.

My sister, they're the most dangerous. Imagine if someone like Abagworo or NgeneUkweunu (who claims to be Igbo), get to that kind of position. Igbo go suffer for their hand. Infact, they will insult their fathers and mothers just to be in the good books of their pay masters. Rochas don try everything wey im fit for his northern masters. he has even svcked their pricks yet they've not even considered the pot bellied man for anything tangible. They're even talking of removing him as the head of the APC governors forum. There's really no gain in being a slave.

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by SuperS1Panther: 11:14pm On May 09, 2017
deji15:

The loss of Jonothing at the polls has rendered them hopeless.

They are perennial losers.

Have you ever seen them fighting for a cause and wining it? Anything they support, losses.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by SuperS1Panther: 11:24pm On May 09, 2017
maclatunji:
Excellent piece.

Excellento!!!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by arewaboy01(m): 11:27pm On May 09, 2017
been observing dz Joe igbokwe
d man has been make alota sense but his brothers won't agree with him bcuz their minds are occupied with evil and corrupt thoughts..

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Israeljones(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2017
Anytime I read this man article,, it is always difficult for me to pick any form of bias from his reasoning.. which makes me wonder if truly he is an igbo man seeing things differently in the era of when majority of the igbos have bin mindwashed with tribal and religion tools..

He wud have bin 100 percent a Noble if he was actually a neutral... bin an APC spokesman doesnt not really justify his nobility...

However,, after all said and and done, he has actually made sense...

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by pazienza(m): 11:30pm On May 09, 2017
forMom:

Oh, thanks, but the credit must go to carnegiefan, a proud fellow Biafran who inspired us all here with posts full of wisdom when he was still here. I copied this signature from him.
Here is his profile, you can go through his posts and threads :https://www.nairaland.com/carnegiefan

11 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Mynd42: 11:32pm On May 09, 2017
Joe Igbo Kwenu is greater than Tinubu Joe Igbokwe is greater than Abiola Joe Igbokwe is greater than Awolowo Joe Igbokwe is greater than any Yoruba man dead or alive.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Nature8(m): 11:33pm On May 09, 2017
I wonder what the Igbos did to this foolish Joe Igbokwe..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Israeljones(m): 11:41pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

My sister, they're the most dangerous. Imagine if someone like Abagworo or NgeneUkweunu (who claims to be Igbo), get to that kind of position. Igbo go suffer for their hand. Infact, they will insult their fathers and mothers just to be in the good books of their pay masters. Rochas don try everything wey im fit for his northern masters. he has even svcked their pricks yet they've not even considered the pot bellied man for anything tangible. They're even talking of removing him as the head of the APC governors forum. There's really no gain in being a slave.
Am just so ashame i share a world with people like ur type who thinks awkwardly, just a pity we cant blame God for in his infinite mercy has always had a reason for doing things his way...
Do you ever think b4 writting at all... why dont you take for a moment read this article all over again which am sure u neva did at 1st and have a deep and an extensive thinking then come back and make ur comment...

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by edi287: 11:54pm On May 09, 2017
So what exactly has he said that isn't true?? I'll keep on saying this - the igbo people who keep on spouting this nonsense of Nigeria "holding them down" are the biggest morons on the face of this planet and a massive disgrace to their families. How you arrogantly try to claim superiority when we've had shitty disgraceful governors since God knows when?? Instead of blaming these guys you skip them and blame Yorubas and hausa ...is it not a disgrace?? What exactly is this spectacular achievement that makes IPOB think they're better than the other tribes in nigeria?? I can imagine if we had a city like Lagos in the east, who knows what the hell these ipob fools would do?

70 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Aufbauh(m): 11:54pm On May 09, 2017
If someone like Joe Igbokwe was championing the course of biafra I would have supported him wholeheartedly, and not that confused anti-Christ Kanu and his pack of wide horses.

39 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by edi287: 11:55pm On May 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

So you're saying they should do the exact same thing you accuse the north of doing?? So tell me what makes you different from these so called people "from the zoo"?

39 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Aufbauh(m): 11:59pm On May 09, 2017
If any Ipob miscreant misbehave henceforth I'll simply tells him that 'he is a fanatical mourner with a defeatist syndrome' cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by TheStronghold: 12:54am On May 10, 2017
Lajet:
Yorubakwe Shut Up. you are a Nobody stop trying to force Yourself on us.Useless Man
There it is!! Didn't take long to hear "yorubakwe" as someone predicted. Now let me see how long it will take to see "afonja slave".

You all have become so predictable.

37 Likes

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by Agumbaa: 1:19am On May 10, 2017
Joe and Ejiamatu Igbokwe ran away from Igbo land, because they were being chased for crimes they committed with Eddynanogu the notorious jazz man. When Bakassi came to Nnewi, they ran away, in 2006, Ejiamatu came back when everywhere was calm, but Joe did not come back with the Igbokwe family, he married in Lagos, got one or two appointments, and he became so bitter at the Igbos, as if they are the ones that sent him and his family to commit and control all types of criminal activities and groups in the late 90s and early 2000s.

The bitterness in his heart for Igbos no be here, they exiled themselves and he couldn't bear the humiliation, he has now become an attack dog against his people, this has laid bare the issue of "Efulefu", there will always be Efulefus, but the goodnews here is that they are becoming few.

Oduo, we dash una the criminal.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by agadez007(m): 2:05am On May 10, 2017
To show him proper appreciation for constantly attacking his people.the yorubas should consider making him governor of one Yoruba state,since they love him so much and he is greater than their revered Awolowo

Inshort this IPOB is greater than Oduduwa

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe by madridguy(m): 5:02am On May 10, 2017
Observing....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It Is Unlawful For Anyone, Group To Take Revenge, Reprisal – Buhari / Abba Kabir Cautions Ganduje On Using Public Funds to Influence Re-run Election / We Can No Longer Pay Workers Salaries Because Of Niger Delta Avengers -Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.