Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) (67390 Views)

Loved Up Photos Of Davido And Chioma / Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / When Banky W Picked Wizkid Up From The Slum, Ojuelegba (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by maestroz: 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
no wonder olamide keeps saying...street ti take over.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by iykekelvins(m): 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
If I take you to bariga, My guy you go hate lagos oo
But seriously, The Government should look into this matter..Chai, Iba better pass dis place gan.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Nihilist: 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
That's at the bottom of Ilaje road. I grew up at the top end of that same road. Attended lesson in the area. Went to church there. Played in the game centres there. Played on the lagoon banks there.

I don't think I turned out too bad...

1 Like

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Fhowe: 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
that is dustbin estate olamide grew up in ladi lak close to somolu this is dustbin estate ebute ilaje every close to the lagoon new settlement less than 7 years in existence you wont know that place in the next 15 years most of the areas there started like this sandfilling the lagoon with dirt and all then sand and before you know it a plot there will be selling for millions i mean millions
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Fhowe: 12:00am On Jan 27, 2016
Nihilist:
That's at the bottom of Ilaje road. I grew up at the top end of that same road. Attended lesson in the area. Went to church there. Played in the game centres there. Played on the lagoon banks there.

I don't think I turned out too bad...
guy you be ebute boy i go like know you ooo cos i know most game centres there
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by oluwaahmed: 12:00am On Jan 27, 2016
@op I had 2 chk ur signature 2 be sure u wernt lie mohd on nairaland handle. Am a bariga boy & I can tell u olamide dint grow up @ illaje. I can name pple I. Grew up wit around iilje dat were stars. I'd kabassa, 2phat,sparko, nice used 2 cme around. Olamide dint grow up in a slum, even d pics u postin R pics of illaje were pple fish & do mostly sand biz. Lie lie op. Olamide na str ehn, but een no street like dat. Olamide even grow up wen bariga don change.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Lamazij: 12:52am On Jan 27, 2016
Chai some people are really suffering cry
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by fleps(m): 12:56am On Jan 27, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by sirjakez(m): 1:32am On Jan 27, 2016
it is well o
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by wtfCode: 1:38am On Jan 27, 2016
holyshiiit
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by ehixking(m): 2:57am On Jan 27, 2016
Later na Ibadan people lagosians go dey abuse...na animals dey live here?
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by edupedia: 4:06am On Jan 27, 2016
Estimable:
There is no much difference btw most bloggers and Lie Mohammed

...wey the logic inside this statement?...
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Ligxy(f): 4:24am On Jan 27, 2016
Smellymouth:
Pishure of Olamide roaming this street or Adonbilivit undecided

Olamide is just from a middle class fam. Make una nor dey make am look like Omo Ale..
It's not abt singing abt d ghetto n street life.. Every lagosian that grew up in d mainland knows abt street credibility undecided
I will say it again, Reminisce, Seriki are more "street" than this dude.
Thank u..
Thanks jare. That he sings about ghetto and street doesn't mean he is from there. Olamide's parents are middle class folks.

1 Like

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by lanrei(m): 4:33am On Jan 27, 2016
ehixking:
Later na Ibadan people lagosians go dey abuse...na animals dey live here?

Lol when anybody wants to beef Ibadan they show the old brown roofs building but they forget to check out too many classic areas with magnificent architectural building.. I no fit shout

And back at the topic.. Like it or not Olamide's "streetness" only goes as far as his lyrics.. dude never lived in a place like this
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 27, 2016
hyaaa....some people are really suffering
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Okemmuo(m): 6:50am On Jan 27, 2016
This is a freaking lie...this is not where olamide lived...we lived close wen we were kids (dou we dint mit) and dat is not my street.......
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by SAMBARRY: 7:02am On Jan 27, 2016
Kanwuliajara was this the Lagos you were referring to when you said Lagos is dirty shocked

So people actually living here shocked

How come they don't get sick with thyphoid or other ailments abi health inspection workers never reach here shocked

This is really sad cry
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Abiola080: 7:11am On Jan 27, 2016
OP, this is not a true representation of Bariga. There are slums everywhere. You cant show Ilaje area and say thats how Bariga is.

I grew up in Bariga, Olorunkemi Street to be pricise n my street is not like this.

pls stop misleading people.

2 Likes

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by oostin: 7:40am On Jan 27, 2016
Where Olamide house Na?!
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by omalistic(f): 7:48am On Jan 27, 2016
GodMode:

In a shelter or they go back to their family house.

Its not by force to live in a city they can't afford.

In a shelter? Here in Nigeria or another country? Lool.

What of those who are the indigenes and that is their "family house" what happens to them? You don't just scream demolish the slums, profer a solution too.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by GodMode: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2016
omalistic:

In a shelter? Here in Nigeria or another country? Lool.

What of those who are the indigenes and that is their "family house" what happens to them? You don't just scream demolish the slums, profer a solution too.

Your mentality is a problem and so many other Nigerians think like you.

What's in building a shelter

The indigenes also contribute to it been dirty.. If their family owns land there then they will be compensated and evicted.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by 1miccza: 8:10am On Jan 27, 2016
ladyF:
Eeyah cry I live somewhere like this too. grin Ambo please come to our rescue. Leave the already developed highbrow areas, it's places like this that need your attention.

Leave Quilox for LAWMA. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Lwkmd you say wetin? The man don get permanent seat for quilox oo
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Badgers14: 8:11am On Jan 27, 2016
Kolababe:
Most of you have heard different tales about the notorious Bariga. Here are photos from a part of the area. This side is the Araromi street side of Bariga which is dominated by the 'Ilajes' and the 'Eguns' and their most popular occupation there is fishing because the area faces the ocean around the Third Mainland Bridge.

Here, there is extreme poverty, as in E-X-T-R-E-M-E P-O-V-E-R-T-Y. Most of the women roast fish to survive, many of the ladies and guys take to all types of vices. There is only one school in the area(pictured below) provided by a white man who visited the area sometime ago. Yet, there are all sorts of talents in there. From rapping to dancing, the youths of the Barigahood possess them in abundants.

But it looks like government sees the people in this slum as outcasts because development is far away from that area, yet it's in a Mega City called Lagos. Past government rather than contributing to developing the area, visit some parts to destroy houses and render many homeless
Thus, the people have come to develop a deep hatred for the word 'government'.

Meanwhile, the guys and babes in this hood no dey smile at all O and their eyes dey red die! (if you know what we mean)

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/inside-notorious-bariga-ghetto-where.html

Who's that chick on the third pishure wearing blue singlet.. I might help her move outta there wink

1 Like

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by OneManLegion(m): 8:22am On Jan 27, 2016
Holywizard:
TO FUCVK JUST DEY HUNGRY ME
Mehn, no be only you o. Konji wan kill me for here.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by teflondre(m): 8:36am On Jan 27, 2016
UIA04:
But this is just one part maybe a street in bariga
Even lekki has places like this

Good bless you...U need to see where i live in the same bariga that OP called "notorious".... The Araromi part close to Riverside areas in bariga...If u know bariga very well,u'd know that not every body staying there is suffering from "Extreme poverty"

1 Like

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by teflondre(m): 8:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Abiola080:
OP, this is not a true representation of Bariga. There are slums everywhere. You cant show Ilaje area and say thats how Bariga is.

I grew up in Bariga, Olorunkemi Street to be pricise n my street is not like this.

pls stop misleading people.

Pls tell them oooh...Bariga is not like this!!!

1 Like

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by BABANGBALI: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2016
ladyF:
Eeyah cry I live somewhere like this too. grin Ambo please come to our rescue. Leave the already developed highbrow areas, it's places like this that need your attention.

Leave Quilox for LAWMA. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
o nbe ju,you too dey dive tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by iamCross(m): 8:46am On Jan 27, 2016
These people too are Lagosians o
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Donpizzle(m): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2016
nellaluv:
This type of ghetto is called "Banana Island" grin
Banana ghetto
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Akinjawo(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2016
Pls to set the record straight ,olamide grew up in ladilak area of Bariga and the area is not this poor .pls try get an objective info to people here and don't let us give sahara news, cnn opportunity to start giving the outside world a negative impression about us , even worst areas in Bariga like Ilaje, idi- Aba , ABule okuta are far far better than this subjective print u call BAriga ,pls this is makoko and I know few people here can attest to that , abeg if olamide see u go get track for him record ooooooo....... although I no be Bariga boy ooo but I know most places there cos I grew up in Somolu .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yeankah Banks: How An IN Driver Masturbated While Carrying Me / Regina Daniels' Real Age Revealed By Mother, Rita Daniels In BBCPidgin Interview / The Day Ooni Of Ife And His Wife, Naomi Oluwaseyi Met For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.