Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) (67393 Views)

Loved Up Photos Of Davido And Chioma / Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / When Banky W Picked Wizkid Up From The Slum, Ojuelegba (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by nellaluv(f): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
mart2k:
U luk realy gud if uar d one in d ur dp

Thanks for the complement wink
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Deejavuu(f): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
Wow! See smiles on some faces too. "Street" life has different types tho!

Poly bags everywhere, because they don't recycle these things. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by nellaluv(f): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
FreeWorld23:
no! Plantain island grin

No really its banana island. Watch this naija movie banana island... same environment. Not a place to raise a child lipsrsealed
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by repogirl(f): 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=SmartMugu post=42351628][/quote] grin na the worstest na...there is bad, worse, worst, and then worstest
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by 989900: 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ilaje, lagoon side.

CMS Grammar School days.
#nostalgia
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by mankan2k7(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
There is a lady I love so much in that pix,abeg give me her number
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by kilonso001(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hey you, where have you been?
ladyF:
Eeyah cry I live somewhere like this too. grin Ambo please come to our rescue. Leave the already developed highbrow areas, it's places like this that need your attention.

Leave Quilox for LAWMA. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by kachnov(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
ha..this one bad o
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by cybriz82(m): 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bariga is a nice plc..na those useless tinz call thugs na dem spoil d plc. Meanwhile do u xpect d govt me to cme n start sweepin n cleanin d plc 4 dem..u wey shit inside ur house who u dey xpect mek e cme park am 4 u? Fear people livin in dat kind of plc cus na dem wear d best designer pass.4get poverty some people are jst 2 lazy to clean der environment.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by honorbule(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
This op can LIE oh...the picture he used is makoko area along ebutte Metta area of yaba....bariga does not look like that...mtcheeew
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by DelTom(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nairaland is full of insanity...mad men full here oooo
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by honorbule(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
prinEbigbola:
So what has Olamide given back to de hood he grew up from?just asking
Becuase say nah hin dem use do local government chairman
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by M4gunners: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
I thought they said Lagos is fast turning to Dubai or is hear not Lagos? Just asking none of my business anyway.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by otiigba1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
My Goodness! People live here!!!!? How can any same human raise children here? Eat here, were do they go toilets? Were do they...? How do they get drinking water? How the hell!!!!...do they sleep at night? Reptiles, snakes lizards, spiders, what happens when it rains and the whole place is flooded? Sicknesses like cholera,skin rashes, mosquito. Its wrong that people lives like this while politicians are looting large amounts like 2 billlion dollars in foreign banks ( in already developed countries), while nigeria is under developed, them politicians will never have peace.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by GodMode: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
omalistic:

Demolish the slum and put the people living there where?

In a shelter or they go back to their family house.

Its not by force to live in a city they can't afford.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by 989900: 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
darkenedrebel:
Olamide didn't grow up here jare. He grew up around Ladi-Lak/Shomolu(which is far from being a slum)
What's will all these ignorant Gonzo journalism.

Bariga is very large, and not all parts are slums. Stop misleading the public.

#word.

Anyone from New garage-Oworo-Sungas-'igbo-igunu' area- Bajulaiye-Akoka-Ladi-lak-Fola Agoro, Owo-tutu, and e.t.c. can claim 'Bariga'.

The pics are 'probably' Ilaje (lagoon side area). We use to 'gbe jungle' in our CMS days to those areas.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by valx2: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Eko onion ogbanje
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by calculator123(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
porshuch:
because I sabi bariga well during Unilag days, I still dey imagine the part of bariga sef.
the name of the street is dendeke martins,via alhaji alimi street off ilaje road,ebute.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by calculator123(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
honorbule:
This op can LIE oh...the picture he used is makoko area along ebutte Metta area of yaba....bariga does not look like that...mtcheeew
the op is right,the street is located near the lagoon.in ebute part of bariga.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Kaylexzy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Kolababe:
Most of you have heard different tales about the notorious Bariga. Here are photos from a part of the area. This side is the Araromi street side of Bariga which is dominated by the 'Ilajes' and the 'Eguns' and their most popular occupation there is fishing because the area faces the ocean around the Third Mainland Bridge.

Here, there is extreme poverty, as in E-X-T-R-E-M-E P-O-V-E-R-T-Y. Most of the women roast fish to survive, many of the ladies and guys take to all types of vices. There is only one school in the area(pictured below) provided by a white man who visited the area sometime ago. Yet, there are all sorts of talents in there. From rapping to dancing, the youths of the Barigahood possess them in abundants.

But it looks like government sees the people in this slum as outcasts because development is far away from that area, yet it's in a Mega City called Lagos. Past government rather than contributing to developing the area, visit some parts to destroy houses and render many homeless
Thus, the people have come to develop a deep hatred for the word 'government'.

Meanwhile, the guys and babes in this hood no dey smile at all O and their eyes dey red die! (if you know what we mean)

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/inside-notorious-bariga-ghetto-where.html

Abeg no be Olamide side of Bariga b dis o...

Moreover, there are a few nice places in Bariga....

Na d worst place u show us o
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Oghumu1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
No wonder he never mentioned BARIGA in his new release - I love Lagos. After them go say Lagos NA mega city, yet people struggle so hard to even afford a meal.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Krayzeejhay(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
To think Baddo.....grew up here!...
Who say I no go make am 4 this life?...Thunder fire you dia!,okada climb ya ballz!!
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by jerrymej(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
God thank you for where am living, at least I know it's not up to the standard of the Aso-Villa, yet I embrace it.....

hmmm see life...
one will be thinking his one problem is the worst, not knowing there's someone's own more greater than his own....
chaii I cry at government.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by Owoplenty(m): 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
Badboiz:
Olamide didn't grow up here, he grew up in Ladi-lak jorr but Bariga na Bariga, E no get where street boiz no dey reach
which part of lady lack is he from? I was born and grew up in Fetuga but i never know this guy
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by honorbule(m): 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
calculator123:
the op is right,the street is located near the lagoon.in ebute part of bariga.
So?....d pics now looks like bariga abi?..
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by kuuljay(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
Op like CNN and aljazeera you focused on the slum side only, not too good
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by jejetaiwo(m): 10:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
I was born dere also.... 7 araromi str precisely... It's a ghetto indeed.
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by olucomf: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
you don c muguu abii..how much did you earn with all this fake pics, news today...continue with your 2 naira per click..
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by demzey(m): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Baba op, abeg wich kind bariga b dat sef.....no b d bariga wey I day stay o ladi -lak /lydai.....next best tin outta der
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by justmenoni: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Abajo..

quote author=ladyF post=42345577]Eeyah cry I live somewhere like this too. grin Ambo please come to our rescue. Leave the already developed highbrow areas, it's places like this that need your attention.

Leave Quilox for LAWMA. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by vault(m): 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2016
I grew in the agege slum so I know what this feels like
Re: Bariga Slum Where Olamide Grew Up (photos) by youngbah(m): 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
if olamide grew up here, wot is d probability dat small doctor ws nt raised frm d pit? (suffering and smiling)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yeankah Banks: How An IN Driver Masturbated While Carrying Me / Regina Daniels' Real Age Revealed By Mother, Rita Daniels In BBCPidgin Interview / Basketmouth 41st Birthday Surprise From Wife, Elsie Okpocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.