Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) (64141 Views)

Lady's Wig Removed By A Bus Conductor During Fight (Photo) / Tout And Bus Conductor Fight In A Gutter In Lagos (photo) / Bus Conductor Suddenly Runs Mad In Ikorodu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by Juxtified(m): 8:55am On Jan 27, 2016
ashjay001:

K, I get u; selling purewater would av been beta? Or maybe snacks? Mayb a cleaner, lesser pay, longer hours.

U don't get(understand) proverty! The best thing any of ur 'likes' n u can do, is to seek her out n extend any little assistance! Which pregnant lady doesn't want to sit from sun-up to sun-down feeding fat n sleeping.

Even d bankers amongst them, u think dey are finding it easier?
With all due respect sir, you guys on Nairaland should grow up and stop fixating on "likes" & "shares" & "first page / first to comment" stuff.
There's no job that is 100% safe for a pregnant woman in this country, but you seriously want to compare THIS to banking?!
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by lightdotcom: 9:01am On Jan 27, 2016
Way too poor for a six month pregnant woman to do this risky job.
You blogger that posted this in what way have you help(ed) her or did you just posted it for her to be mocked
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2016
Juxtified:

With all due respect sir, you guys on Nairaland should grow up and stop fixating on "likes" & "shares" & "first page / first to comment" stuff.
There's no job that is 100% safe for a pregnant woman in this country, but you seriously want to compare THIS to banking?!

I've gone through 3 pregnancies with a wife who is definitely not a conductor or even in any menial job. I've also been exposed to proverty at various stages, and as such believe in doing d best u can to meet ur needs. I will support u when/if I can, but will not condemn/criticise ur efforts, as long as I can't provide something better.

My reference to ur likes; dey support ur statement and as such should take my opinion along with u! Do something to change her status, cos she will never do that job if she can feed her family thru other means. I'm just amazed that so much pple could support insensitivity to her plight, wher is d empathy?
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by Juxtified(m): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2016
ashjay001:

I've gone through 3 pregnancies with a wife who is definitely not a conductor or even in any menial job. I've also been exposed to proverty at various stages, and as such believe in doing d best u can to meet ur needs. I will support u when/if I can, but will not condemn/criticise ur efforts, as long as I can't provide something better.

My reference to ur likes; dey support ur statement and as such should take my opinion along with u! Do something to change her status, cos she will never do that job if she can feed her family thru other means. I'm just amazed that so much pple could support insensitivity to her plight, wher is d empathy?
I fully understand your point of view, however I beg to disagree:
1. Would you have subscribed to your heavily preagnant wife working as a bus conductor during your darkest financial days just to make ends meet? I'm sure you'd have thought of something better & less risky to mother and fetus
2. It is good to criticise, I assure you. Nobody ever moves forward by being told only what she wants to hear. Its good to encourage her by saying "oh, may God buttress your efforts", or "you're a very hard working woman, keep it up" (both of which I agree to, by the way), but at times it takes the harsh truth to jolt one back to reality: She's being careless. Not because she's a woman, but because of the delicate nature of pregnancy.
3. There are different forms of help one can render to a person: spiritual (in the form of prayer), Financial (in the form of monetary handouts), advisory etc. I have chosen to render her my own advice, albeit in a way she would not like to hear, but an advice nevertheless. Probably if she were a closer acquaintance I might have done more in the form of financial, but where is the practicality & wisdom doling out money to total online strangers in distress? I have given, and helped people to get, several jobs before.
4. As for the number of people who subscribe to my 'insensitive' opinion, it goes to tell u that we all see things differently and there is no one way of doing everything. Diversity of opinion is the norm, not the exception.
The beauty of peaceful coexistence is in agreeing to disagree
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by hez11js: 11:56am On Jan 27, 2016
BleSSedMee:
6months gone....
Lord pls send help her way....
Amen ooooo
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by Brushless: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
winkmart:
Eeeya , May God bless her. I wish I could help.

please check my SIGNATURE
I feel her pain, may the good Lord be with her and the baby all the way.
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by proudlyNigeria2(m): 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
I saw dat woman too. Heavily pregnant. I entered their bus.
Re: Pregnant Woman Working As A Bus Conductor In Ajah (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
Not ideal on so many levels.
Physical nature of the job, Risk of accident, the inhalation of fumes all does not bode well for a healthy and safe pregnancy.

Hope someone comes to her aid and offer her alternative income.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? / Lady Escapes From A Big Python In Edo (Photos) / Girl Born Without A Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.