Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,738 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. (59361 Views)

Halima Buhari With Governor Amosun In Abeokuta (Photo) / You Are At War And Saw Her, What Will Be Your Next Line Of Action??? Pics / The Biafran Army In Action (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by akinus(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Keep quiet. The thread says Ogun state in focus and Amosun in Action. I posted developments all over the state from housing to education, entertainment and tourism, then Amosun with state projects so why are you crying over the house pictures? Is this not part of the state in focus?

Did i not post pictures of private schools, hotels, factories and industries, so why are you not crying over that they are not state projects.?

You need to shut up if you have nothing better to contribute...
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by akinus(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Keep quiet. The thread says Ogun state in focus and Amosun in Action. I posted developments all over the state from housing to education, entertainment and tourism, then Amosun with state projects so why are you crying over the house pictures? Is this not part of the state in focus?

Did i not post pictures of private schools, hotels, factories and industries, so why are you not crying over that they are not state projects.?

You need to shut up if you have nothing better to contribute...

bro, any project issued by the govenment of the state and financed by the government is state focus, because fedral government has issued all state to compromise it bugets. Those project showned is not government project cause they pay heavy Tax to the governmet.
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by arresa: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
[s]
akinus:
bro, any project issued by the govenment of the state and financed by the government is state focus, because fedral government has issued all state to compromise it bugets. Those project showned is not government project cause they pay heavy Tax to the governmet. bro, any project issued by the govenment of the state and financed by the government is state focus, because fedral government has issued all state to compromise it bugets. Those project showned is not government project cause they pay heavy Tax to the governmet. bro, any project issued by the govenment of the state and financed by the government is state focus, because fedral government has issued all state to compromise it bugets. Those project showned is not government project cause they pay heavy Tax to the governmet.
[/s]

Very unintelligent ramblings...
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by nisai: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
Shymm3x:

Shut ya gob before I smack the amala that corroded ya brain cells out of ya putrid mouth. Ogun state is an effing disgrace to all Yorubas - dead and alive. That's meant to be a state next to Lagos and a state occupied by two of the most prominent Yoruba subgroups that have produced arguably the most prominent Yoruba sons and daughters, yet the darn state still looks like it never left the 1920s.

Take a look at the Egba part, and Abeokuta that's meant to be the capital of the state here: http://www.viewphotos.org/nigeria/images-of-Abeokuta-440.html Don't even let me post pictures of the Ijebu part of the state that was posted in the culture section last year, cos that's even far worse than Abeokuta. Even Ekiti looks better than Ogun. grin

Is that something to be proud of? You lot are just so ridiculously dumb and stupid that you can't see how effed up you're and you revel in lauding mediocrity and non-achievements. And the idiot spammed everywhere with pictures of companies and industrial estates that were built in the 60s by the western region, yet the state and the whole of the SW is heavily indebted. Just STFU before I smack the shyte of you, prick. grin
HAAAABAAAAA grin grin grin cool embarassed cheesy grin smiley grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by akinus(m): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Very unintelligent ramblings...
prove if its unintelligence, cos hav neva work in lafarge b4?

1 Like

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by Shymm3x: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
nisai:
HAAAABAAAAA grin grin grin cool embarassed cheesy grin smiley grin grin grin

Lmao, my Ijebu brother.

That Ogun of a state is a disgrace. A state like that should at least look like Lagos a bit. grin

The state is a like a pauper living next to a rich man/hustler and running around with him - yet he can't tap something out of him, just to upgrade himself a bit. grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by nisai: 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Shymm3x:

Lmao, my Ijebu brother.

That Ogun of a state is a disgrace. A state like that should at least look like Lagos a bit. grin

The state is a like a pauper living next to a rich man/hustler and running around with him - yet he can't tap something out of him, just to upgrade himself a bit. grin
You always got the best words for the scenario-"The only thing these folks are good for is waving non-existent and castrated dycks with Igbos about which of the two regions is more backward. Apart from that, they're just as useless as the walking utter failure of leaders they exalt." grin grin

you have said it all.All we want is 'are the Igbos not surpassing us?' Once it's so we wouldn't care for distinction.
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by Shymm3x: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
nisai:
You always got the best words for the scenario-"The only thing these folks are good for is waving non-existent and castrated dycks with Igbos about which of the two regions is more backward. Apart from that, they're just as useless as the walking utter failure of leaders they exalt." grin grin

you have said it all.All we want is 'are the Igbos not surpassing us?' Once it's so we wouldn't care for distinction.

Lmao. These folks care too much about Igbos rather than focus on what we do best.

We're at least 100 years ahead of Igbos in term of progression, competing with Igbos is basically like dragging yourselves down, hence Yoruba state are 100 years backward. If all we can boast of are basically what Yorubas in the late 19th century and early 20th century built - then we have to be the most redundant people out there. We're better off competing with ourselves than Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
Shymm3x:

Lmao. These folks care too much about Igbos rather than focus on what we do best.

We're at least 100 years ahead of Igbos in term of progression, competing with Igbos is basically like dragging yourselves down, hence Yoruba state are 100 years backward. If all we can boast of are basically what Yorubas in the late 19th century and early 20th century built - then we have to be the most redundant people out there. We're better off competing with ourselves than Igbos.

I know you don't know a soap drama called BEWS MASQUERADE.... it has been on since early 80s ..you might have not been born then

There used to be a character called JEGEDE SOKOYA and ZEBRUDAYA NWOBODO

JEGEDE was always bragging and this character epitomises the Yoruba

If I may ask...how are Yoruba far ahead of igbo

Pls be specific In what area ? Is it education , economy or human capacity

Now you have started again calling igbo instead of looking at how ogun state is badly run

Igbo the nemesis of the Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ogun state is badly run they will call igbo
Falae kidnapped they will call igbo
Masquerade chasing em in dreams they will call igbo
If they don't make it in hustle ...look no further igbo

Igbos are enigmatic I must say

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by nisai: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Shymm3x:

Exactly.'Awo this,Awo that' is their usual mantra.The same Awo they formulate all sorts of stereotype against his tribe.The same tribe that gave them a huge sense of pride by churning many outstanding people one could boast of.

Funnily, some silly ones among them would say 'Ijebu o ki nse yoruba gidi'(Ijebus are not original yoruba) but they often highlight the prominent sons and daughters of these so call 'sub-yorubas' while debating with other tribes.

Are these not an height of hypocrisy?
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by Shymm3x: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariesbull:

I know you don't know a soap drama called BEWS MASQUERADE.... it has been on since early 80s ..you might have not been born then
There used to be a character called JEGEDE SOKOYA and ZEBRUDAYA NWOBODO

JEGEDE was always bragging and this character epitomises the Yoruba

If I may ask...how are Yoruba far ahead of igbo

Pls be specific In what area ? Is it education , economy or human capacity

Now you have started again calling igbo instead of looking at how ogun state is badly run

Igbo the nemesis of the Yoruba

Are you dyslexic?

Even if you mentally incapacitated, you should be able to check where Yorubas were 200 years ago in terms of progression and compare it to Igbos. Once you do that - you'd know that Yorubas of this generation are the most backward in the history of Yorubas.

And the reason for their backwardness is cos they stay competing with Igbos who're so beneath them. When you mess with a pig in the pigsty - you'll also get dirty.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by Shymm3x: 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
nisai:
Exactly.'Awo this,Awo that' is their usual mantra.The same Awo they formulate all sorts of stereotype against his tribe.The same tribe that gave them a huge sense of pride by churning many outstanding people one could boast of.

Funnily, some silly ones among them would say 'Ijebu o ki nse yoruba gidi'(Ijebus are not original yoruba) but they often highlight the prominent sons and daughters of these so call 'sub-yorubas' while debating with other tribes.

Are these not an height of hypocrisy?

Lol. Don't let them label you an "Ijebu Supremacist". grin But I get ya point and it's always better to ignore those who chat shyte.

I'm sure a lot of them don't know Yoruba names that are quintessential Ijebu names. If they do, they'd be shocked that a lot of the names they tout are Ijebu folks. As someone who has a database of high flying Yoruba folks in diaspora in different fields - I think a lot of these folks need to say a big "thank you" to Ijebu folks for putting Yoruba on the map everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
Shymm3x:

Are you dyslexic?

Even if you mentally incapacitated, you should be able to check where Yorubas were 200 years ago in terms of progression and compare it to Igbos. Once you do that - you'd know that Yorubas of this generation are the most backward in the history of Yorubas.

And the reason for their backwardness is cos they stay competing with Igbos who're so beneath them. When you mess with a pig in the pigsty - you'll also get dirty.

I get am before..lol

In what area are Yoruba far ahead ...maybe omo nile and owo da

I agree
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by Shymm3x: 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariesbull:

I get am before..lol

In what area are Yoruba far ahead ...maybe omo nile and owo da

I agree

In as much as you sound like an illiterate troll, I'd educate you a bit.

My point is that: when you're a far ahead of someone, you don't need to look back - you just need to keep running ya own race. When you start looking back, it will make you slow down and that's what causes mediocrity. The whole competing with Igbo madness only benefits Igbos cos they're ones looking up and playing catch up - it doesn't benefit Yorubas.

The western region never competed with Igbo - the bar was proving the white man wrong, hence those from that era achieved what they achieved. While this generation is too focused on Igbos and other backward groups in Nigeria - hence most Yoruba states are stuck in the early 20th century. Yorubas and Igbo don't belong in the same bracket in terms of progression and we don't need to compete. Yorubas just need to focus on being Yoruba.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by AshiwajuFoward: 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
Shymm3x is damn right though. We need to drop this igbo comparison bizness coz truly it's insulting to our glorious history. Till today they are still playing catch up with us infrastructuraly. E.g, no single skyscraper exists in the entire SE and SS, after 50-years since the first one in sub-Saharan Africa was built at Ibadan. We need to keep aiming higher and ignore those wannabes, as hard as that may seem.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 5:29am On Feb 02, 2016
Shymm3x:

In as much as you sound like an illiterate troll, I'd educate you a bit.

My point is that: when you're a far ahead of someone, you don't need to look back - you just need to keep running ya own race. When you start looking back, it will make you slow down and that's what causes mediocrity. The whole competing with Igbo madness only benefits Igbos cos they're ones looking up and playing catch up - it doesn't benefit Yorubas.

The western region never competed with Igbo - the bar was proving the white man wrong, hence those from that era achieved what they achieved. While this generation is too focused on Igbos and other backward groups in Nigeria - hence most Yoruba states are stuck in the early 20th century. Yorubas and Igbo don't belong in the same bracket in terms of progression and we don't need to compete. Yorubas just need to focus on being Yoruba.

You talk too much..what areas are Yoruba ahead of every tribes in Africa especially igbo

1 Like

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 5:32am On Feb 02, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:
Shymm3x is damn right though. We need to drop this igbo comparison bizness coz truly it's insulting to our glorious history. Till today they are still playing catch up with us infrastructuraly. E.g, no single skyscraper exists in the entire SE and SS, after 50-years since the first one in sub-Saharan Africa was built at Ibadan. We need to keep aiming higher and ignore those wannabes, as hard as that may seem.

If that's your progress maybe Yoruba cantil build a city if high rise buildings like Onitsha in their light years even reincarnation no Yoruba can build city of high rises

Oh cocoa house ..the one eye man in Ibadan land of blind

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 6:52am On Feb 02, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Thanks j you use the word glorious history ...stop dwelling in the past ...wake up and smell the coffee

All the southern ethnicity has left Yoruba ....you guys are still in past ..in short Ibadan looks like 1932 city with those building

Glorious past ...infamous history

Now where is the next igbo man to blame it on ?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by AshiwajuFoward: 7:46am On Feb 02, 2016
ariesbull:

If that's your progress maybe Yoruba cantil build a city if high rise buildings like Onitsha in their light years even reincarnation no Yoruba can build city of high rises

Yorubas have absolutely nothing to learn from any igbo city or civilization, especially not your ugly and cluttered Onitsha. Those ugly 'highrises' you speak of at Onitsha were built for a reason -- to conserve limited land and space which you Igbos are fast running out of. Even dirty Aba is far bigger than that Onitsha non-entity so it's understandable why you all chose to build those ugly 3 & 4 story buildings without drainage, walkways or parking spaces like the unexposed traders that you all are.

Now why should pacesetting Yorubas emulate and build your kind of ugly high-rises when we have more than enough land to accommodate each individual building spacious, more beautiful and better bungalows and duplexes, with enough space for parking, ventilation and more? Where in the world is such madness emulated? Not in U.S, U.K, Europe or anywhere in the developed world. And when we do build high-rises they are comparatively better be it in height, standard and aesthetics. You can flip back a few pages of this thread to see what I mean.

Fact remains that the SW still has more ultra-modern infrastructure than your enclave does till this very day (the residential buildings in some pix contained in this thread alone best anything you all have in your entire region), and even Cocoa house predates every other skyscraper in Nigeria and since its completion Lagos, another SWestern state (which has continued to grow in leaps and bounds since it ceased from being a capital a quarter of a century ago) has accommodated many more of such while you all are still trying to play catch up.

Like the Shymmex guy said, there's just no basis for comparison between us and you guys, even though I know you all love doing this to prop up your self-esteem. You lot are better off debating amongst yourselves about which between Aba and Onitsha is dirtier, has more illiterate traders/markets, or has the bigger landmass. Even this exchange with you sef is needless so don't expect any further responses from me the next time you quote me.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by celiono(f): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2016
If residents of Akute and Alagbole see this pictures posted here heralding the fantastic work Amosun is doing, they will be very upset. I am talking from experience. I personally feel the gigantic bridge mounted in that side of town is an unnecessary Elephant Project. A simple expansion of the roads there would be had the residents blessing him. Lets even accept that the gigantic bridge is a way to go, then there should have been alternative roads made available while this project is ongoing. There was a period the road was shut down for months and the people in that area faced hell the entire period. The two roads that would have served as an alternative were Isashi and the other through Agege to shaga. The Isashi road which was closer had gullies as pot-holes and made people constant visitors to mechanic workshop. The alternative was to travel long distance through Ogba , Agege to shaga before getting to your house. I know the general sentiment will be "Ehn People go suffer small before dem start enjoy", i however know the hardship was unnecessary and would have been made bearable by simply grading the ishashi road. I just had to vent, because of all the sufferings we ve been experiencing since that project started. All said and done, at least Amosun is making effort. I must commend him for the Ijebu Ode fly Bridge and other roads he has done. Cheers
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by simpleseyi: 8:54am On Feb 02, 2016
I am an Ogun State indigene, I can several beautiful pictures of my dear state. But, please did Governor Amosun also build the Olumo Rock, LaFarge Cement, Covenant University and Crescent University?
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by forgiveness: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2016
ariesbull:

This is a list of cities with the most high-rise buildings.A A high-rise is defined as a structure at least 35 metres (115 ft) or 12 stories tall.[1] Cities with 100 or more high-rise buildings are listed here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_with_the_most_high-rise_buildings
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 10:45am On Feb 02, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Yorubass have absolutely nothing to learn from any igbo city or civilization, especially not your ugly and cluttered Onitsha. Those ugly 'highrises' you speak of at Onitsha were built for a reason -- to conserve limited land and space which you Igbos are fast running out of. Even dirty Aba is far bigger than that Onitsha non-entity so it's understandable why you all chose to build those ugly 3 & 4 story buildings without drainage, walkways or parking spaces like the unexposed traders that you all are.

Now why should pacesetting Yorubas emulate and build your kind of ugly high-rises when we have more than enough land to accommodate each individual building spacious, more beautiful and better bungalows and duplexes, with enough space for parking, ventilation and more? Where in the world is such madness emulated? Not in U.S, U.K, Europe or anywhere in the developed world. And when we do build high-rises they are comparatively better be it in height, standard and aesthetics. You can flip back a few pages of this thread to see what I mean.

Fact remains that the SW still has more ultra-modern infrastructure than your enclave does till this very day (the residential buildings in some pix contained in this thread alone best anything you all have in your entire region), and even Cocoa house predates every other skyscraper in Nigeria and since its completion Lagos, another SWestern state (which has continued to grow in leaps and bounds since it ceased from being a capital a quarter of a century ago) has accommodated many more of such while you all are still trying to play catch up.

Like the Shymmex guy said, there's just no basis for comparison between us and you guys, even though I know you all love doing this to prop up your self-esteem. You lot are better off debating amongst yourselves about which between Aba and Onitsha is dirtier, has more illiterate traders/markets, or has the bigger landmass. Even this exchange with you sef is needless so don't expect any further responses from me the next time you quote me.

The thread is about the despicable situation in ogun when it is livable cities we can compare but not those rusted roofs of Ibadan and Abeokuta

For now I will let this slide .... Till u open a new thread
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by loopman: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2016
ariesbull:
Ogun state is badly run they will call igbo
Falae kidnapped they will call igbo
Masquerade chasing em in dreams they will call igbo
If they don't make it in hustle ...look no further igbo

Igbos are enigmatic I must say
Why are people replying this jobless troll ?
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by akinus(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
simpleseyi:
I am an Ogun State indigene, I can several beautiful pictures of my dear state. But, please did Governor Amosun also build the Olumo Rock, LaFarge Cement, Covenant University and Crescent University?
confirm! Dats wat i was asking him 2 explain bcox they were private liability company nt government own, and all private firms pay heavy task 2 ogunstate government. Am an indigine of Abeokuta, i knw whats going on, dnt decieve peiple with ur pix
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by ariesbull: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
But I can feed you..ogun state badly run

They will blame igbo
loopman:

Why are people replying this jobless troll ?
Re: Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. by loopman: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
ariesbull:
But I can feed you..ogun state badly run

They will blame igbo

Go and feed your dying father and mother first, they need it more than anything now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We Beat Ekweremadu And He's In Shock - IPOB Man Brags In Front Of German Police / Soldiers In Show Of Super Human Strength At An Event (Photos) / Idris Ibrahim Slept With 2 Policewomen; Impregnated Amina - Senator Misau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.