Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians (24278 Views)

Again, Cbn Urges Nigerians To Treat Naira With Respect / Attention: Take A Look At My Bank Account In This Hard Times (screenshot) / Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by hob(m): 10:25am On Jan 28, 2016
Tell the CBN governor that the average Nigerian have always been in hard times ever since they were born
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by anonimi: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2016
Standing5:
the "They" part of the equation is very complex. PDP/GEJ supervised the looting and wrong spending of excess earnings and wand APC/Buhari to take blame without seeking to recover stolen funds.

Stop spreading rumours, LIES and propaganda please.
Thanks.

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by anonimi: 10:43am On Jan 28, 2016
Biafrarep:
Thank You for that question. The Trouble with Nigerians is that they dont know when to draw a line between patriotism & sychophancy, for Gods sake this is the information age & knowledge is power, no government can ride rough shod over 170 million people when they speak with one voice on matters that affect everyone! Do you know what will happen when we take over D internet be it twitter, nairaland, lindaikeji, facebook & even physical protests etc to demand that legislators cut their emoluments, Buhari slashes Aso rock expenses on refreshments, decorations, BMW cars, presidential jets etc or even to querry why information ministry will have more money than that of Agriculture & Solid Minerals combined!! or to even demand the logic in wasting scarce resources in searching for oil in Borno at this time!!! The joke is on us!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3277784_fbimg1452093218973_jpegc10e9e69e640b4d758edf3c27e5a1dae
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by KanwuliaJara: 10:45am On Jan 28, 2016
The common man is used to having "hard times" in Nigeria. HE dat is dannn, need fear of NO FALL!
SHE dat is low, NO PRIDE.

Abeggggg!!!!!!

Na who dem dey tell? undecided
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by mindtricks: 10:48am On Jan 28, 2016
willywasco:
Says no devaluation of Naira for now
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has urged Nigerians to brace up for the current economic realities as government would be forced to adopt some hard economic policies in line with the harsh economic environment as a result of low oil prices in the international market.
The CBN boss stated this yesterday during a press briefing at the bi-monthly Monetary Policy, MPC meeting in Abuja.
According to him, “It is imperative to brace up for a longer period of low government revenues from oil sources, which would necessitate hard and uncomfortable choices as the economy transits to more sustainable sources of revenue, consistent with the economic realities and strategic objectives of the country. In the circumstance, certain tradeoffs must be envisaged and duly accommodated.

- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/brace-up-for-hard-times-cbn-urges-nigerians/#sthash.PhoK4ncz.dpuf

Bad news from hell to already suffering masses, delivered by a detached CBN gov in collusion with the Buhari's Federal govt of negative change.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by viktor01(m): 10:50am On Jan 28, 2016
Nigerians are so used suffering that they will not even notice when the hard times come but as for me, I shall not see the heat neither will I be careful in it.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nakuza(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2016
There is lifting up for those that are connected to kingdom economy.It is well.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by bholuwatifhe(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2016
Which hard tym x more Dan dix period again Turning Workers 2 beggers ! Owing dem 8-9mnt salaries while dey av kids @ ohm olxo...fear God coz nemesis will catch up wit yu ol
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2016
Gizer:
We are already experiencing hard time

Yes but this is new unprecedented version.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by ogbongem: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2016
Nigeria go survive o Nigeria go survive !!..oya now let every body sing........
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Ephemmm: 11:28am On Jan 28, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Tell that to Buhari that budgeted 1.7 billion naira for feeding.

Can you tell us how much GEJ budgeted so that we can do the comparism?
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Revolva(m): 11:35am On Jan 28, 2016
E get any time wey simple since I was born in this country...notin new under the sun

Hahaha I remember one bros saying now many babe's go turn olosho u can even bang dem in their rooms now many dude go take room do chalet
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Ephemmm: 11:43am On Jan 28, 2016
clefstone:
Bring back Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla

Iweala that could not diversify the economy during oil boom when it was USD140
Iweala that borrow to pay FG workers till the end of GEJ's tenure despite oil booming - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/
Iweala that knew that the new administration will face serious challenges as a result of excessive looting and maladministration - http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/tough-economic-challenges-remain-till-year-end-says-okonjo-iweala/.

Wise up bro.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Ephemmm: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2016
hopilo:
[s]We did not experience hard times during GEJ reign. This is what this publication by CBN just affirm.
[/s]

Who said this - http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/tough-economic-challenges-remain-till-year-end-says-okonjo-iweala/

When FG started to borrow money to pay workers (re-current expenditure), is that not an indication that economic crises has begun already? See Iweala's assertion here - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2016
Gelengelen:
Jonathan we nigerians are very sorry. We were wrong about you ooooooo.

This cow from daura want to kill us finish oooo

This is what you don't understand. Even if he had won, he would do the same, maybe even worse. The free money from oil to manage the economy is gone. So the next thing is to collect money from the citizenry, or run to IMF to borrow loans.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by kossyablaze(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:
Abegi!!! Nothing like brace up for hard times, the hard times have always been here for we the poor masses cry

My own is that that 50 naira charge is too much for me. Make them cancel am biko. How much go remain after them remove 50 naira from my account 10 times? Na minus tins be dat na grin grin grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
poor?gimme ur acc details
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 28, 2016
clefstone:
Bring back Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla

No, Arewa and Ewedu said she is a criminal..
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Ephemmm: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2016
Naughtysite:

No, Arewa and Ewedu said she is a criminal..

The irony of it is that PDP/GEJ supervised the looting and wrong spending of excess earnings USD140, but want APC/Buhari to take blame. As a qualified Minister of Finance, how has she diversified our economy during booming to cater for period of scarcity like this?

Don't be deceived, Iweala knew the problem the last administration has created: she has said it even before she left the office - http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/tough-economic-challenges-remain-till-year-end-says-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by clefstone(m): 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:

Iweala that could not diversify the economy during oil boom when it was USD140
Iweala that borrow to pay FG workers till the end of GEJ's tenure despite oil booming - http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/
Iweala that knew that the new administration will face serious challenges as a result of excessive looting and maladministration - http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/tough-economic-challenges-remain-till-year-end-says-okonjo-iweala/.

Wise up bro.
iwealla during whose tenure Nigeria became the biggest economy in Africa and who Richard Quest called the greatest finance minister Nigeria has had. I am already wise u know
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by themanderon: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
Nigeria has always been in a state of recession so nothing new here.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by karleone(m): 12:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:
Abegi!!! Nothing like brace up for hard times, the hard times have always been here for we the poor masses cry

My own is that that 50 naira charge is too much for me. Make them cancel am biko. How much go remain after them remove 50 naira from my account 10 times? Na minus tins be dat na grin grin grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

How you come de use current account when you poor? grin grin grin
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Etizz: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Brace up for what hard time

Have we ever been on good time before

They care only about demselves...

Pathetic leaders.....
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Ephemmm: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
clefstone:
iwealla during whose tenure Nigeria became the biggest economy in Africa and who Richard Quest called the greatest finance minister Nigeria has had. I am already wise u know

The fact that Nigeria has the biggest economical prospect does not relate with what I mentioned earlier. I am not one of those who believe in theoretical analysis, which is devoid of pragmatic tendency.

In academic setting, ability to memorize and download during exam has precedence, but it has nothing to do with ability to reason well and apply what you study when the chips are down.

Nigeria has been the giant of Africa in almost all aspect even since the days of military rule: get the fact.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by clefstone(m): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:

The fact that Nigeria has the biggest economical prospect does not relate with what I mentioned earlier. I am not one of those who believe in theoretical analysis, which is devoid of pragmatic tendency.

In academic setting, ability to memorize and download during exam has precedence, but it has nothing to do with ability to reason well and apply what you study when the chips are down.

Nigeria has been the giant of Africa in almost all aspect even since the days of military rule: get the fact.
so many big grammer, little substance. Where was Nigerian entertainment industry during d military era, where was her agriculture or automobile industries.

Ngozi sold Nigeria's image as positive and we ripped the economic benefits. It's all about positive image and projections, not this dark gloomy image the apc govt is giving the world about Nigeria
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by ladyF(f): 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
kossyablaze:
poor?gimme ur acc details
lol
Acct name LadyF.

Thanks so much. God go do am for me sha, my story go soon change grin grin grin
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by BABANGBALI: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
make una kuku kill us den
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by XaintJoel20: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:

Can you tell us how much GEJ budgeted so that we can do the comparism?
Have you tried checking it up on Google I do not mean to be arrogant...
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by kossyablaze(m): 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:

lol
Acct name LadyF.

Thanks so much. God go do am for me sha, my story go soon change grin grin grin
lol
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 29, 2016
I understand the fraustration of the common Nigerian man. But it's in times like this, opportunities rises, only for the smart to see it and take advantage of it. It's in times like this the smart and the intelligent look at our MISFORTUNE, and turn it into their FORTUNE. Where do you want belong? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time? Truth is... the government DO NOT GIVE A SHIT about you nor me! All they care about is the growth of the own personal gain and interest! BUT... the time is now, the time to take the keys to your future, for no one will hand it to you, you have to FIGHT for it! Let me show you a RELIABLE way to turn around your financial situation and take charge of your future. With just a one time payment of $18, see how you can build that tiny investment into $1000 in 4-6 weeks. In todays preposterous exchange rate of dollar to naira, imagine $1000 in your pocket, converted into todays exchange rate, right into your bank account... pretty sweet, huh? If you are interested in finding out this business weapon... reply, READY, or reach me on whatsapp +233236897707 and we'll take it from there. There is ONLY one way to succeed, and that is by deciding in yourself that you want to succeed! The world is yours. God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indimi sisters: Rahmayi wishes Hauwa well as she sets to wed their sister's 'ex' / Two CBN Directors Arrested For Forex Manipulation / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.