Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,175 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. (6773 Views)

Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State / "Why Fatima Buhari Became 4th Wife" - The Capital / Buhari Not Likely To Be Moved By NBA's Threat- The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by zendy: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2016
I urge all those that want warri to be capital of Delta state to push for the creation of Anioma state which Anioma people have been agitating for a long time. As an Igbo man, I want Anioma to become the 6th Igbo state.

18 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by jonathanOz: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is only in Delta state that it's capital city is less viable, less popular, less active and no historic backing like other towns/cities other than to satisfy the wish of a woman(Maryam). Before independence, Warri was the capital of Delta province. Warri is the city that represents present day Delta state just as PH is to Rivers and Ibadan is to Oyo state. Warri deserves to be the seat of power! Even Israel had to move to their capital to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.
That said, for the sake of collective peace and unity, the capital should remain in Asaba. The deed has already been done. Beside, Asaba could have been chosen because as at then the 3 inhabitants of Warri were after their own heads due to disagreement.

Why is the capital of Anambra, Awka and not Onitsha? Why is that of Abia, Umuahia and not Aba? What of that of Nigeia that is Abuja and not Lagos?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by inlandtaipan: 11:21am On Jan 27, 2016
Op is just spewing threash like shit from my yansh.

Before osogbo was made capital, Ilesha town was more developed and Ilesha is still currently larger than osogbo.

Aba is larger than umuahia
Onitsha is larger than awka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by PentiumPro(f): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2016
MyGeneration:

LoL... My father birthed grin...
Now i know am dealing with a real mumu... No need arguing.
Infact i give up u win cheesy.

Stop disgracing yourself and your school. the word birthed is a perfect English word.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by funkyibodude(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

You guys don't get it at all. People like Spanishkid and Barcanista are tirelessly working to divide SS abi Nigerdelta or whatever they call it

For example after, Tonye created a thread to call for patriotism bla bla bla, same guy(less than 48hours) created another thread pleading with Buhari to disregard Amechi for being unpatriotic. I'm like shocked shocked shocked

In his words

"It is my humble appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to ignore the unpatriotic position of Amaechi"

How can he say Amechi of all people is unpatriotic if not that he's working underground to bring serious confusion in his so (beloved) Nigerdelta

You guys should open ur eyes and see how he scores "own goals" in the process
the simple truth is that tonye barscanista is not from SS. He's just an imposter claiming to be an ijaw man. A normal thing here on nairaland, but too bad for him he's only deceiving himself.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2016
funkyibodude:
the simple truth is that tonye barscanista is not from SS. He's just an imposter claiming to be an ijaw man. A normal thing here on nairaland, but too bad for him he's only deceiving himself.
I won't be surprised though he may just be a sell out

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by EdCure: 11:48am On Jan 27, 2016
MyGeneration:
This spanishkid stup1d sha.
U are not from Delta and u want to discuss Delta issue, then with ur criminal tendencies u start mentioning the names of non Deltans to come and debate Delta issues for Deltans... EDO people stup1d no be Small.
Your sanity is highly questionable.

1 Like

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by dukum: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
spanishkid:
Warri is the economic hub of Delta state and not Asaba. Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws are the big 3 of Delta state but why would the capital of a state be located in the outskirts of a state rather than the middle of a state? Warri is more economically viable than Asaba. What does Asaba and the whole of Delta North contribute to the IGR of Delta state?

Mariam Babangida decided to use politics due to her husband being the head of state as at then to cheat the Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws by moving their capital to the most remote part of Delta State. The time has come for the Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws to take back rightfully belong to them. Delta North are a minority in Delta state. The capital should either be in Warri, Ughelli or Abraka.

Cc: tonyebarcanista, Goodboiyy, martineverest, enahi, edcure, mulattoclaro, simplycarro, fineguy11, etc.

Mods this is front page material.

This kind of mentality my friend, is the reason why Nigeria hasn't progressed as much as it should.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Machiavelli999(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is only in Delta state that it's capital city is less viable, less popular, less active and no historic backing like other towns/cities other than to satisfy the wish of a woman(Maryam). Before independence, Warri was the capital of Delta province. Warri is the city that represents present day Delta state just as PH is to Rivers and Ibadan is to Oyo state. Warri deserves to be the seat of power! Even Israel had to move to their capital to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.

That said, for the sake of collective peace and unity, the capital should remain in Asaba. The deed has already been done. Beside, Asaba could have been chosen because as at then the 3 inhabitants of Warri were after their own heads due to disagreement.
Onitsha should also be the capital of Anambra. Idiot.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by NoreenUG(f): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Why is the capital of the USA in Washington DC and not New York City?

Why is the capital of New York STATE in ALBANY and not New York City?

Why is the capital of California SACRAMENTO and not Los Angeles?

Why is the capital of Nevada CARSON CITY and not Las Vegas?

Why is the capital of Illinois SPRINGFIELD and not Chicago?

Why is the capital of Florida TALLAHASSEE and not Miami?

Why is the capital of Pennsylvania HARRISBURG and not Philadelphia?

Why is the capital of Australia CANBERRA and not Sydney or Melbourne?

grin

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by vayne(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Capital grabbers!

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by AyakaDunukofia: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What do you mean by "less viable"? As in Yenogoa being more viable than Asaba that hosts an airport whose passenger traffic statistics is one of the fastest growing in the country?

As in no "historic value"? A city that was once the head quarters of the Royal Niger Company even as it hosts the museum of the explorers - Lander Brothers - in Nigeria.

As in " less active"? A city that has 200 times more modern hotels and continuos real estate investments than Warri.

A city that is at peace with her self, enjoying the local economic boom her proximity to the largest market in west Africa brings.

An annoying mischief maker you are. Shame on you.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by joeprince23(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

What do you mean by "less viable"? As in Yenogoa being more viable than Asaba that hosts an airport whose passenger traffic statistics is one of the fastest growing in the country?

As in no "historic value"? A city that was once the head quarters of the Royal Niger Company even as it hosts the museum of the explorers - Lander Brothers - in Nigeria.

As in " less active"? A city that has 200 times more modern hotels and continuos real estate investments than Warri.

A city that is at peace with her self, enjoying the local economic boom her proximity to the largest market in west Africa brings.

barcanista is not tonyebarcanista...cause this new guy talks like a big f.o.o.l!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Abdeeyoungboss(m): 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Why always speaking from both sides of the mouth?
Here you're talking about history, but u go about nl attacking anyone that doesn't support amalgamation status to please Lord Luggard.
Your hypocrisy is at all time high. The hatred you have Igbos keep making u score 'own' goals daily
u just said my mind.that idiot is just trablistic #damn

1 Like

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

We are talking of Warri/Asaba not Yenogoa

As in no "historic value"? A city that was once the head quarters of the Royal Niger Company even as it hosts the museum of the explorers - Lander Brothers - in Nigeria
That can't be compared to what Warri host. Beside Warri has been the capital of Delta province since the days of oil Rivers Protectorate. Beside, which city in Nigeria you won't find Hq of one coy or the other? Even VI hosts Banks Hq that you won't find in Ikeja.

There is nothing "active" in Asaba when compared to Warri, both historically and in modern times. Warri is to Delta what PH is to Rivers.

If you are smart you will see my position the last paragraph that you quoted.

1 Like

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

I won't be surprised though he may just be a sell out
Una still de for my matter? Shey una no de tire? cheesy cheesy

You sha know say you still be my person abi?
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Efe3: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

the royal niger company made base in Asaba before they had to move to Calabar due to the Ekwumekwu resistance,
Asaba is way more peaceful than warri, it is very close to one of the biggest commercial hubs in the country - Onitsha,

it would be the capital of the proposed Anioma state, then the 'core deltas' can make warri the capital of the solar system if they like.

10 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by misterawo: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Here you're talking about history, but u go about nl attacking anyone that doesn't support amalgamation status to please Lord Luggard.
Your hypocrisy is at all time high. The hatred you have Igbos keep making u score 'own' goals daily

I wanted to respond to that flip-flopper, but you have done justice to his hypocrisy. Kudos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You sha know say you still be my person abi?[b]

Lol tire kwa

@bold. Of course. I just like to keep ur record straight. What are friends for if they can't keep u honest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
misterawo:

I wanted to respond to that flip-flopper, but you have done justice to his hypocrisy. Kudos
Don't mind him. His hypocrisy is sickening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Abdeeyoungboss:

u just said my mind.that idiot is just trablistic #damn

Sickening is the only word I can find to describe his hypocrisy. It's more annoying I believe he's doing it on purpose just to please some people

5 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Ugomba(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
watz diz Tonyebarcanista and Spanishkid saying abt my Asaba? I have warned them to stay away from Delta North.
Yenegoa and Benin city are the worst capitals in SS and these two pained bigots want to open dia mouth and talk about Asaba instead of focusing on their backward states.

9 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

Lol tire kwa

@bold. Of course. I just like to keep ur record straight. What are friends for if they can't keep u honest?
Hahahahaha you no serious. Na you de call me sell out abi? angry
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by AyakaDunukofia: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
If you are smart you will see my position the last paragraph that you quoted.

All the issues you raised about Asaba will scale any level of historical enquiry. 1904 when 96% of the current state capitals were still swampy forests and jungles, Asaba was already a renowned cultural center...Hosted the first international conference on Igbo language that year.

The attempt to cover up your bigotry by tactically using the phrase "collective peace and unity", only shows how dull you really are as a public commentator.

4 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Candyrain(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Rose2014:

What can I say? Keep making me proud. Lovely response.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You sha know say you still be my person abi?

tonye nt every issue u comment on,, U re a respected figure on NL, And very popular, u should nt involve your self in stuff like this, I saw this post earlier, i just ignored it, Made a vow never to indulge in any tribal issue again.

As 4 d op, This issue is nt necessary nw.. Thanks

PS: Omo i they see ur post every where oo.. @hitting FP anyhw, I really enjoyed ur last post about Maritime uni.. keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by saintneo(m): 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Big lie, Israeli capital in Jerusalem!

Onitsha is more economically viable than Awka, yet Awka is the capital of Anambra State. Umuahia is more economically viable than Aba, yet Umuahia is the ccapital of Abia State. There are lots of cities in Nigeria more economically viable than Abuja.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Hahahahaha you no serious. Na you de call me sell out abi? angry
I'm sorry but your high display of hypocrisy leaves me speechless adjectiveless sad atimes

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
Candyrain:

What can I say? Keep making me proud. Lovely response.

Making u proud brings me peace. Anything otherwise makes me sleepless

Proudly yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by tpiaobsession: 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
I thought the op is from Benin in Edo State.

just wondering.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by tpiaobsession: 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I seriously doubt it was because of Maryam.

Here, IBB said Asaba is his ancestral home although he did not explain further:

https://www.nairaland.com/428343/ill-run-2011-presidential-polls
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Begonia(m): 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Double post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC Embarks On Strike Over Minimum Wage / Kabba Prison Attack: Most Of The Escaped Inmates Re-Arrested - Kogi Govt / (never Seen Before) This Is What A Nigerian Village Looks Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.