Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. (6760 Views)

Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State / "Why Fatima Buhari Became 4th Wife" - The Capital / Buhari Not Likely To Be Moved By NBA's Threat- The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by kenny987(f): 2:27am On Jan 28, 2016
PentiumPro:

Stop disgracing yourself and your school. the word birthed is a perfect English word.

I think his problem is more with the use of 'father' rather than d word 'birthed' which is a correct word as u said. Maybe he'd have been happier to see, 'His father sired...'
cheesy
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by jamjo: 2:46am On Jan 28, 2016
spanishkid:
Warri is the economic hub of Delta state and not Asaba. Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws are the big 3 of Delta state but why would the capital of a state be located in the outskirts of a state rather than the middle of a state? Warri is more economically viable than Asaba. What does Asaba and the whole of Delta North contribute to the IGR of Delta state?

Mariam Babangida decided to use politics due to her husband being the head of state as at then to cheat the Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws by moving their capital to the most remote part of Delta State. The time has come for the Urhobos, Itsekiris and Ijaws to take back rightfully belong to them. Delta North are a minority in Delta state. The capital should either be in Warri, Ughelli or Abraka.

Cc: tonyebarcanista, Goodboiyy, martineverest, enahi, edcure, mulattoclaro, simplycarro, fineguy11, etc.

Mods this is front page material.

I'm not from Delta state from Imo , Why we Nigerians waste our energy on irrelevant things instead of channeling this energy to productive things, Warri is business hub of Delta state why do they want to over crowd the city? . Nigeria as a country did it with Lagos what happened eventually what was the out come 'Abuja'. Again why is it that you people want a one city state where all your eggs will be in one basket because that will eventually be the out come of that idea . Why is that politics are destroying our better judgement . Why not develop Asaba and Warri at the same time, Is it not in the best interest of Delta state? Here in Chicago Illinois where i live , Chicago is one of the biggest city in America and it is the business hub of Illinois as a state but the capital is in Springfield because the know the importance of separating the city of governance from business hub. Please is time for us as people use our time and senses well.

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 4:41am On Jan 28, 2016
kenny987:

Nwanne! I ji ya! Best to speak the bald, unalloyed truth and let eejits roast in their hatred! Ndi oshi!

Don't mind them. Nwanne m ji eme onu
Happy new year
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Rose2014: 4:43am On Jan 28, 2016
MyGeneration:
Rose2014 sorry for insulting u i take dat back...

Apology accepted
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Agbalanze(m): 6:39am On Jan 28, 2016
May be they should also move the capital of Anambra from awka to Onitsha.
Nonsense thread!!
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Slikbae: 7:29am On Jan 28, 2016
I suppose the bolded is your middle name.

I won't stoop to your level.
ikechu1278:

Who are those prominent leaders, name them and provide evidence. Worthless savage.

I'll keep saying this...rather than staying in NL with multiple fake ids, you guys know exactly where delta is, know exactly where Anioma is, come try your rubbish there. It's just that simple.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 28, 2016
jamjo:

I'm not from Delta state from Imo , Why we Nigerians waste our energy on irrelevant things instead of channeling this energy to productive things, Warri is business hub of Delta state why do they want to over crowd the city? . Nigeria as a country did it with Lagos what happened eventually what was the out come 'Abuja'. Again why is it that you people want a one city state where all your eggs will be in one basket because that will eventually be the out come of that idea . Why is that politics are destroying our better judgement . Why not develop Asaba and Warri at the same time, Is it not in the best interest of Delta state? Here in Chicago Illinois where i live , Chicago is one of the biggest city in America and it is the business hub of Illinois as a state but the capital is in Springfield because the know the importance of separating the city of governance from business hub. Please is time for us as people use our time and senses well.

Nicely written... thumbs up

1 Like

Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by SweetWJ(m): 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
I just wondering how it will look like if State Capital is brought to Warri.
Kidnappers go first find the state capital, if dem no see state, dem go kidnap capital. Den militants go bomb state. Wetin go remain?

Abeg oooo.
Re: The Need For The Capital Of Delta To Be Moved To Warri From Asaba. by OreMI22: 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
The same way the capital of Anambra should be moved from Awka to Onitsha , capital of Abia moved from Umuahia to Aba and capital of Nigeria moved from Abuja to Lagos. Since they are the economic nerve centers of the state and country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Mark Wins Benue South Election Rerun ? (pics) / Court Orders Arrest Of Danjuma Goje Over N25bn Fraud / Have You Spotted This Round "Black Hole" On Buhari's Neck Recently? (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.