Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Who Is Jesus? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Jesus? (939 Views)

Is Jesus Going To Hell? / Who Is Jesus? : Easter Debate Between Hassanain Rajabali And Pastor Tony Costa / What Make A God A True God, So What Is Jesus In This Respect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Jesus? by I: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2009
Assalamualaikum to my Muslim brothers, sisters and to my non Muslim friends, compliment of the day.

Let me start by apologizing for missing in action, this is due to the fact that am now somewhere pursuing my study which am finding it extremely difficult combining the two, even now i had to squeeze and post in some few lines. ?Hope you guys will forgive me.

Secondly, Am really sorry for what am going to write, Muslims are not against the teachings of Jesus Christ, in fact believing in Jesus and his teachings is one of the pillars of Islam, hope my christian friends will understand and reason with me.

The above question (who is Jesus) may be simple but if one ask Christians of different denominations, he will be amazed to hear different answers, some believe Jesus is God, some believe he is the only begotten son of God while others believe that he is one of the trio Gods (Waiyyazhubillah).

The answer to this question have been provided in the Holy Qur'an and the bible. I am starting by quoting a single verse from the holy Qur'an and compare it with what the bible is saying about the true personality of Jesus Christ.

"O people of the scripture( Christians)! do not exceed the limits in your religion,nor say Allah aught but the truth. The messiah Isa (Jesus), son of Mary, was a messenger of Allah and his word, which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit created by him, so believe in Allah and his messengers. Say not: Three (trinity) cease it is better for you. For Allah is only one, glory be to him above having a son. To him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. and Allah is all sufficient as a disposer of affairs."(Q 4 vs 171).

Let us now read what the bible is saying.

1.This is the way to have eternal life - to know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ the one you sent to earth.
(john 17:3)

2. Jesus said of my own self, I can do nothing as I hear I judged and my judgment is just because i do not seek my will but the will of the one that sent me. (john 5:30)

3. For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want. (john 6:38).

The first question I want to ask here is that, can God sent another God?

From the above verses, it is indisputable biblically and qur'anically that Jesus Christ was a prophet and a messenger who was sent by God.

Some Christians believe in Jesus as God because of the miracles he performed forgetting that Elisha also performed miracles as stated in the following verses.

1. Then Elisha prayed, o lord, open his eyes and let him see! the lord open his servant's eyes and when he looked up, he saw that hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire. (2 kings 6:17).

2. And he (Elisha) stretched himself out over the child three times and cried out to the lord my god, please let this child's life return to him, the lord heard Elijas prayer and the life of the child returned to him and he came back to life. (1 kings 17:21-22).

For more details about Elija's miracles see 2 kings 5:14 and 2 kings 42-44.

My dear friends if performing miracles qualifies Jesus Christ to be God then Elija too should be considered as God, since he performed almost all the miracles Jesus did.

Now, let us examine the verses in the bible which Christians are basing their divinity of Jesus Christ.

1. In the beginning, was the word and the word was with God and he was God. (John 1:1).

The above verse is neither coming from God nor Jesus, it is coming from John, the historiographer who was trying to explain his understanding of the relationship between Jesus and God, unfortunately he contradicted the bible as pointed out in (John 17:3 and john 5:30). And if one examine the verse (john 1:1) he will understand that the word, with, is a conjunction, joining word and God.

The same Bible says in Isiah 44:6 and i quote, God says I am the first and the last, there is no any God besides me. (Isiah 44:6). If I may ask my dear friends, which statement is more authentic? is it the one from God or the one from John?

Another verse which christian hold as an evidence of Jesus divinity is (John 10:30) which states and i quote

The father and i are one. (john 10:30)

I want to ask my christian friends, in what context was Jesus saying they are one? there is still another verse in the bible where Jesus is saying and i quote

father is greater than i am (john 14:28).

Can any christian help me reconcile these two verses ( john 10:30 and john 14:28)? if at all Christians are reasoning well, they wouldn't have been using John 10:30 in establishing the divinity of Jesus Christ. If the oneness of Jesus according to john 10:30 qualified him to be God, the same oneness would have qualified his disciples to be God, since as stated in the same john 17:21-23, and i quote, That they may be one as we are one, i in you, they in me that we may all denote one. (John 17:21-23)

Is Jesus talking about oneness in knowledge, essence, or power? the answer is no!!! because he wouldn't have said in Mark 13:32 and i quote

However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or son himself. Only the father knows. (Mark 13:32) and Jesus says in (john 5:30) and i quote

I of my own self can do nothing (john 5:30). Again ?Mathew 19:26 says and i quote, With God all things are possible (Mathew 19:26).

My friends, if one scrutinize these verses, he doesn't have to be told that Jesus is not God.

Now to those who consider Jesus as the only begotten son of God, they accept the word 'Son' literally, which is not so, because son of God signifies love and affection, nearness to God, which according to the bible, is not applied to Jesus alone. We find such term used in reference to many others besides Jesus, examples are giving below.

1.Blessed are the peace-makers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Mathew 5:9)
2. For all who are led by the spirit of God, are sons of God.(Romans 8:14).
See also Genesis 6:1-2 and Mathew 5:45. for more verses.

Moses told his people that, our lord is God and is alone. (Deuteronomy 6:4). Jesus also said the lord our God is the one and only Lord. ( mark 12:29) and the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) also said, He is Allah, the one, the self sufficient. Master, whom all creatures need, he begets not, nor was he begotten, and there is none co-equal or comparable unto him. (Qur'an 112:1-4).

Allah Subhanahu wata'ala is telling us and I quote.

We did not send any messenger before you, Oh Muhammad (S.A.W) but we revealed to him saying none has the right to be worshiped but i (Allah) (Lailaha illa ana), so worship me (alone and none else). (Qur'an 21:25).

Moses told his people that, our lord is God and is alone. (Deuteronomy 6:4). Jesus also said the lord our God is the one and only Lord. ( mark 12:29) and the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) also said, He is Allah, the one, the self sufficient. Master, whom all creatures need, he begets not, nor was he begotten, and there is none co-equal or comparable unto him. (Qur'an 112:1-4)

My dear friends, the truth is always obvious from the falsehood, so it is left for you to choose between the two. As I always say my doors are open for comments and observation because am a human being destined to make mistakes.

Bissalam
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2009
ALHAMDULILAHI RABIL ALAMIN error is distinguish from truth
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Tudor6(f): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2009
Jesus was the son of joseph the carpenter.
All you wrote above is utter rubbish!
Re: Who Is Jesus? by noetic2: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2009
I:

Assalamualaikum to my Muslim brothers, sisters and to my non Muslim friends, compliment of the day.

Let me start by apologizing for missing in action, this is due to the fact that am now somewhere pursuing my study which am finding it extremely difficult combining the two, even now i had to squeeze and post in some few lines. ?Hope you guys will forgive me.

Secondly, Am really sorry for what am going to write, Muslims are not against the teachings of Jesus Christ, in fact believing in Jesus and his teachings is one of the pillars of Islam, hope my christian friends will understand and reason with me.

The above question (who is Jesus) may be simple but if one ask Christians of different denominations, he will be amazed to hear different answers, some believe Jesus is God, some believe he is the only begotten son of God while others believe that he is one of the trio Gods (Waiyyazhubillah).

The answer to this question have been provided in the Holy Qur'an and the bible. I am starting by quoting a single verse from the holy Qur'an and compare it with what the bible is saying about the true personality of Jesus Christ.

"O people of the scripture( Christians)! do not exceed the limits in your religion,nor say Allah aught but the truth. The messiah Isa (Jesus), son of Mary, was a messenger of Allah and his word, which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit created by him, so believe in Allah and his messengers. Say not: Three (trinity) cease it is better for you. For Allah is only one, glory be to him above having a son. To him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. and Allah is all sufficient as a disposer of affairs."(Q 4 vs 171).

Let us now read what the bible is saying.

1.This is the way to have eternal life - to know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ the one you sent to earth.
(john 17:3)

2. Jesus said of my own self, I can do nothing as I hear I judged and my judgment is just because i do not seek my will but the will of the one that sent me. (john 5:30)

3. For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want. (john 6:38).

The first question I want to ask here is that, can God sent another God?

From the above verses, it is indisputable biblically and qur'anically that Jesus Christ was a prophet and a messenger who was sent by God.

Some Christians believe in Jesus as God because of the miracles he performed forgetting that Elisha also performed miracles as stated in the following verses.

1. Then Elisha prayed, o lord, open his eyes and let him see! the lord open his servant's eyes and when he looked up, he saw that hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire. (2 kings 6:17).

2. And he (Elisha) stretched himself out over the child three times and cried out to the lord my god, please let this child's life return to him, the lord heard Elijas prayer and the life of the child returned to him and he came back to life. (1 kings 17:21-22).

For more details about Elija's miracles see 2 kings 5:14 and 2 kings 42-44.

My dear friends if performing miracles qualifies Jesus Christ to be God then Elija too should be considered as God, since he performed almost all the miracles Jesus did.

Now, let us examine the verses in the bible which Christians are basing their divinity of Jesus Christ.

1. In the beginning, was the word and the word was with God and he was God. (John 1:1).

The above verse is neither coming from God nor Jesus, it is coming from John, the historiographer who was trying to explain his understanding of the relationship between Jesus and God, unfortunately he contradicted the bible as pointed out in (John 17:3 and john 5:30). And if one examine the verse (john 1:1) he will understand that the word, with, is a conjunction, joining word and God.

The same Bible says in Isiah 44:6 and i quote, God says I am the first and the last, there is no any God besides me. (Isiah 44:6). If I may ask my dear friends, which statement is more authentic? is it the one from God or the one from John?

Another verse which christian hold as an evidence of Jesus divinity is (John 10:30) which states and i quote

I want to ask my christian friends, in what context was Jesus saying they are one? there is still another verse in the bible where Jesus is saying and i quote

Can any christian help me reconcile these two verses ( john 10:30 and john 14:28)? if at all Christians are reasoning well, they wouldn't have been using John 10:30 in establishing the divinity of Jesus Christ. If the oneness of Jesus according to john 10:30 qualified him to be God, the same oneness would have qualified his disciples to be God, since as stated in the same john 17:21-23, and i quote, That they may be one as we are one, i in you, they in me that we may all denote one. (John 17:21-23)

Is Jesus talking about oneness in knowledge, essence, or power? the answer is no!!! because he wouldn't have said in Mark 13:32 and i quote

However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or son himself. Only the father knows. (Mark 13:32) and Jesus says in (john 5:30) and i quote

I of my own self can do nothing (john 5:30). Again ?Mathew 19:26 says and i quote, With God all things are possible (Mathew 19:26).

My friends, if one scrutinize these verses, he doesn't have to be told that Jesus is not God.

Now to those who consider Jesus as the only begotten son of God, they accept the word 'Son' literally, which is not so, because son of God signifies love and affection, nearness to God, which according to the bible, is not applied to Jesus alone. We find such term used in reference to many others besides Jesus, examples are giving below.

1.Blessed are the peace-makers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Mathew 5:9)
2. For all who are led by the spirit of God, are sons of God.(Romans 8:14).
See also Genesis 6:1-2 and Mathew 5:45. for more verses.

Moses told his people that, our lord is God and is alone. (Deuteronomy 6:4). Jesus also said the lord our God is the one and only Lord. ( mark 12:29) and the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) also said, He is Allah, the one, the self sufficient. Master, whom all creatures need, he begets not, nor was he begotten, and there is none co-equal or comparable unto him. (Qur'an 112:1-4).

Allah Subhanahu wata'ala is telling us and I quote.

We did not send any messenger before you, Oh Muhammad (S.A.W) but we revealed to him saying none has the right to be worshiped but i (Allah) (Lailaha illa ana), so worship me (alone and none else). (Qur'an 21:25).

Moses told his people that, our lord is God and is alone. (Deuteronomy 6:4). Jesus also said the lord our God is the one and only Lord. ( mark 12:29) and the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) also said, He is Allah, the one, the self sufficient. Master, whom all creatures need, he begets not, nor was he begotten, and there is none co-equal or comparable unto him. (Qur'an 112:1-4)

My dear friends, the truth is always obvious from the falsehood, so it is left for you to choose between the two. As I always say my doors are open for comments and observation because am a human being destined to make mistakes.

Bissalam

Another misguided and uninformed ignoramus. u actually think u made ANY sense . . .right?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by littleb(m): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2009

Can a christian responds to this?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by noetic2: 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2009
All u have to do is to ask allah to produce the original bible, then all of this will be settled.

why does allah have a problem producing this original bible?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2009
Abeg defend your corrupt bibeli if u no say he b oliginal book, do u thinkz that a reported thingz is beta dan a direct order ? God is truely right, look at simple misconception and contradiction yet this cross people stick to it whether holy or not atleast it contains jesus name. Stupidity
Re: Who Is Jesus? by littleb(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2009
@neotic2:

Can you respond to that if you hold the truth about Jesus without derailing the thread.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by noetic2: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2009
littleb:

@neotic2:

Can you respond to that if you hold the truth about Jesus without derailing the thread.

respond to what? There is no one who subscribes to the bible that doubts the authenticity or personality of Jesus. If allah claims Jesus is not who we think He is, what EXACTLY stops allah from producing this original bible?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 12:41am On Jun 28, 2009
You are not smart at all young man, even if Allah produce it you will end up denying it, what happen to GOSPEL OF BARNABAS. People talk at time as if dem chop shit. U better answer the question afore time and stop pretexting
Re: Who Is Jesus? by noetic2: 12:52am On Jun 28, 2009
Abuzola:

You are not smart at all young man, even if Allah produce it you will end up denying it, what happen to GOSPEL OF BARNABAS. People talk at time as if dem chop shit. U better answer the question afore time and stop pretexting

let allah produce it. I am very interested in it? did allah tell u that the barnabas book is part of his original bible?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 1:03am On Jun 28, 2009
Yes
Re: Who Is Jesus? by noetic2: 1:35am On Jun 28, 2009
Abuzola:

Yes

yes what?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2009
Yes the gospel of barnabas is the true story of the messiah son of mary
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2009
Daviddylan, osisi and the others are not here to prop him, so don't expect him to say anything that makes sense.
Even the, 'produce the original Bible' response wey you manage see for here, was copied from davidylan.
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Thor(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2009
The reality is that nobody knows

Everybody likes to speculate and nothing more is possible lipsrsealed

People fell they have to write pages of mumbo jumbo to prove their point which in reality can not be proven and probably never will be lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2009
You see, i know even if the original bible should prevail the same would have been said
Re: Who Is Jesus? by noetic2: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2009
Abuzola:

Yes the gospel of barnabas is the true story of the messiah son of mary

when did allah tell u that?

why didnt allah include the book of barnabas in his koran?
Re: Who Is Jesus? by Abuzola(m): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
It is there

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Terrorism / Please Who Is A Sinner Between The Three? / Ridiculous Authentic Sunni Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.