Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring (46524 Views)

Your Favorite Movie Quotes!!!! / A die hard GAME OF THRONES fan check this: Quotes You Don't Wanna Miss / Best Movie Quotes Of All Time From Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by jagorinho: 10:36am On Feb 07, 2016
young boy come!!,listen, in life, the best thing u can do is the right thing,next is the bad thing, the worst u can do is doing nothing. (brazil)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by akanbiaa(m): 10:36am On Feb 07, 2016
gozi542:
grin all those movies mentioned above, I couldn't ascertain statement that comes from Nollywood, does it means they have nufin to offer?

No way, we nor go carry last oya see their own
"Johnbull, tell your mama that the Eagle flies high above because it's feather is valuable by one ozozoka
" ewooh!! Papa Nkechi the gods are angry " grin grin

No matter how mad a dog is, its still respect its owner by Nupe King in the film sango english version
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by tgmservice: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2016
"If you lose everything and win the war you are a hero but if you lose everything and still lose the wart then you are just a foool" - Josh Brolin in Gangster Squad

"I am proud to be from charles town it has ruined my life literally but am proud" - The Town

"I rather be a fake somebody than be a real nobody" - Matt Damon in the talented Mr Ripley

3 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by korrej(m): 10:42am On Feb 07, 2016
In every war there are calms in-between storms-OPTIMUS PRIME in TRANSFORMERS

3 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2016
sojiboy:
"The bonelessness of the penis does not render it helpless in times of battle." Sam Loco in Boneless Penis

Movie na movie

lmao grin

u sure say na movie? grin
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2016
sunkoye:
I might be a nut but when angel and demon agree on something I pay attention

- supernatural

wow. shocked what kind of movie is that?
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by babafirst(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2016
Yul Brenner :Look in the mirror , and tell me what you see !

Junior Bevill :I see Junior .

Yul Brenner :You see Junior ? Well, let me tell you what I see . I see pride ! I see power! I see a bad-ass mother who don ' t take no crap off of nobody !
-From the film 'Cool Runnings'

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by cirmuell(m): 10:45am On Feb 07, 2016
Bespiel:
I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN..... WITNESS ME

from "Mad Max Fury Road".
grin that mad guy.

"there's no stoping someone who will stop at nothing" ~ Nelly in Reach Me (2014)

"Rango: Yeah, ain't that the truth. What are you doing out here?
Spirit of the West: Searching... same as you.
Rango: [downhearted] I don't know what I'm looking for. I don't even know who I am.
[brighter]
Rango: They used to call you 'The Man with No Name'.
Spirit of the West: Nowadays, they have a name for just about everything. Doesn't matter what they call you... it's the deeds that make the man.
Rango: But my deeds just made everything worse. I'm a fake... a phony. My friends were counting on me. They were looking for some sort of hero.
Spirit of the West: [emphatic] Then be a hero!
Rango: [disbelief] Oh, no! No, no. I'm not even supposed to be out here.
Spirit of the West: That's right. You came out here looking for something that didn't exist. But don't you see?
[pause]
Spirit of the West: It's not about you... it's about them.
Rango: But I can't go back.
Spirit of the West: Don't think you have a choice, son.
[draws rectangle on windshield]
Spirit of the West: No man can walk out of his own story" ~ Rango

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." ~ stomp the yard

5 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 07, 2016
olumite1234:
"Its not until the bucket strikes the water ,that you truly know how deep the water well is" --- October 1st

-prince Aderopo.

how could I have forgotten that one

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by intrinsicniyi(m): 10:48am On Feb 07, 2016
Your number 8,9,10 & 12 is dope...Nice one.

Mine is: What makes us us is primitive. #Lucy
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by mikron(m): 10:48am On Feb 07, 2016
i love fat people, because when they fall they make alot of noise.- tuco ramires benedicto in the good the bad and the ugly

6 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by tuffgongjo(m): 10:50am On Feb 07, 2016
Cupidkc:
I trust you, but I don't trust the devil in you.
- Italian job
I think it was actually said as:"I trust everyone,but I don't trust the devil in them".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by sam90s(m): 10:51am On Feb 07, 2016
Joavid:
movies are not just for entertainment, especially for me. I was able to compile some with a little help from google of course.

1. "Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine." The Imitation Game.

2. "Just because someone stumbles and loses their
path, doesn't mean they're lost forever." X-Men Days of Future Past.

3. "Most people live life on the path we set for them. Too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along and knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize free will is a gift that you'll never know how to use until you fight for it." The Adjustment
Bureau.

4. "Our lives are not fully lived if we're not willing to die for those we love, for what we believe." Selma.

5. "Courage is a hard thing to figure. You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, but you're not supposed to question adults, or your coach, or your teacher, because they make the rules. Maybe they know best, but maybe they don't.
It all depends on who you are, where you come
from." The Blind Side.

6. "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work. The sooner the better." Sherlock Holmes.

7. "What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient...highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed--fully understood--that
sticks." Inception.

8. "The main thing is: Pay attention, pay attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll see what no one else knows. What you get is what you get, what you do with what you get, that's more the point." City of Ember.

9. Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, from Star Wars. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are it is our choices. – Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

10. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
– Mario Puzo, from The Godfather

11. “The loudest one in the room is the
weakest one in the room." - Frank Lucas in American Gangster

12. "Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. it’s how much you can take, and keep moving
forward. that’s how winning’s done. - Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone)

add yours

A thief offers to fix your (broken) entrance door free, and you're not in the least suspicious. - "Saworoide".

You wouldn't give a crazy person liberty to do as they wish the corpse of their family member, cos its theirs, there's a risk that they might just decide to roast and eat it. - "Agogo-Eewo"

Cop: (Stopping Hurricane and a partner riding with him in a white sedan) We are looking for two negros in a white car (claimed to have shot a victim)
Hurricane Carter: Any two will do?

Elizabeth Keckley: What my people are to be, I can't say. Negroes have been fighting and dying for freedom since the first of us was a slave. I never heard any ask what freedom will bring. Freedom's first - Lincoln.

Thaddeus Stevens:This is the face if someone who has faught long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them....... - Lincoln.

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 07, 2016
pulsa:
When you crossed the road wrongly,and a car speeds towards you, when you look death in its eye, your life doesn't flash by you, what happens is YOU FREEZE!!!, YOU FREEZE AND PULL A STUPID FACE.
Jason statham in snatch

lol, sounds true.
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by femoyor: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2016
Lucious lyon to frank gathers " you want to own the street while I wish to own the world". Tyrion lannister to john snow " the moment you accept who you are then people will not used it against you". My best quote even though I have forgotten the title of the movie is " THE CEILING IS ONLY A GLASS TIl YOU BREAK IT"

3 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Flawlessangel(m): 10:54am On Feb 07, 2016
Joavid:
movies are not just for entertainment, especially for me. I was able to compile some with a little help from google of course.

1. "Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine." The Imitation Game.

2. "Just because someone stumbles and loses their
path, doesn't mean they're lost forever." X-Men Days of Future Past.

3. "Most people live life on the path we set for them. Too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along and knock down all the obstacles we put in your way. People who realize free will is a gift that you'll never know how to use until you fight for it." The Adjustment
Bureau.

4. "Our lives are not fully lived if we're not willing to die for those we love, for what we believe." Selma.

5. "Courage is a hard thing to figure. You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, but you're not supposed to question adults, or your coach, or your teacher, because they make the rules. Maybe they know best, but maybe they don't.
It all depends on who you are, where you come
from." The Blind Side.

6. "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work. The sooner the better." Sherlock Holmes.

7. "What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient...highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed--fully understood--that
sticks." Inception.

8. "The main thing is: Pay attention, pay attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll see what no one else knows. What you get is what you get, what you do with what you get, that's more the point." City of Ember.

9. Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, from Star Wars. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are it is our choices. – Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

10. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
– Mario Puzo, from The Godfather

11. “The loudest one in the room is the
weakest one in the room." - Frank Lucas in American Gangster

12. "Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. it’s how much you can take, and keep moving
forward. that’s how winning’s done. - Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone)

add yours

can i come watch movies with you? I barely have any movies to watch
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by smudge2079(m): 10:56am On Feb 07, 2016
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...[pulls out his coin]...is chance. Unbiased, unprejudiced, fair. - Dark Knight

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by iPopAlomo(m): 10:57am On Feb 07, 2016
Hatchet Harry: You must be Eddie, J.D.'s son.

Eddie: Yeah. You must be Harry. Sorry, didn't know your father.

Hatchet Harry: Never mind son, you just might meet him if you carry on like that.

- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Cupidkc(m): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2016
tuffgongjo:
I think it was actually said as:"I trust everyone,but I don't trust the devil in them".

Yeah I know.... I personalized it cause I say it quite often to people.
Thanks anyway for your observation.
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by smudge2079(m): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2016
So i will drop my sword and you your rock, then we will try to kill each other like Civilized men......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by dtruseeker(m): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2016
pulsa:

I dey tell you, Lucas and Nathan Scott tried but I tell you I loved Peyton sawyer, Davin degraw killed the sound track.
everytin abt dat series is perfect
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by iPopAlomo(m): 10:59am On Feb 07, 2016
pulsa:
When you crossed the road wrongly,and a car speeds towards you, when you look death in its eye, your life doesn't flash by you, what happens is YOU FREEZE!!!, YOU FREEZE AND PULL A STUPID FACE.
Jason statham in snatch

Haha... Guy Ritchie fan...?! Seen all the movies I can get my hands on...

2 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Khd95(m): 10:59am On Feb 07, 2016
There are so many mysteries in d world that man will never be able to solve,but the reason why we r here is not one of those mysteries

-optimo prime-(transformers:age of extinction,after he defeated lockhead,b4 he descended into d sky)

1 Like

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Dejav: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2016
My Daughter wanted to marry Jimi Sentadio, both families forbade that, she said it was like Romeo and Juliet, who were Romeo and Juliet? Who the hell were those People? Not caecilians certainly
THE LAST DON

4 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Enoquin(f): 11:01am On Feb 07, 2016
Rorschach: I heard joke once. Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world.
Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up."
Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci."
Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
- Watchmen

The future belongs to those who know where they belong - Divergent

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility lies in being superior to your former self - Kingsman

Haskell Moore: No matter what you do, it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean

Adam Ewing: What is an ocean but a multitude of drops

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Sonmi-451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.
- Cloud Atlas

4 Likes

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2016
Flawlessangel:

can i come watch movies with you? I barely have any movies to watch

hehehehe I don't buy movies o. I have a friend who is a world wide cinema on his own. I copy the movies free from him or I download.

internet has made things easy.
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by naijaforlife: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2016
The greatest freedom is the freedom from fear.
The Shield

I love these two quotes also but forgotten from what movies i heard them:

If you do not stand for something, you fall for everything.

It is better to serve in heaven than to reign in hell.
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by nigeriancuban: 11:06am On Feb 07, 2016
Love has a way of blinding even the sharpest minds....Lionel luthor,smallville
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by babafirst(m): 11:07am On Feb 07, 2016
'What we do in life echos in eternity' -The Gladiator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by damosade(m): 11:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Hmnnn... Oro agba
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by iPopAlomo(m): 11:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Beauty is a cruel mistress - RocknRolla
Re: Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring by camaraderi(m): 11:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Hospitaller: I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of God. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here
[points to head]
Hospitaller: and here
[points to heart]
Hospitaller: and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.
My favorite movie of all time Kingdom of heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Bambam And Teddy A Had Sex. Nigerians React / Mercy Advises Khafi Not To Allow Sex With Gedoni Make Her Lose Focus (Photos) / Royal Hairs To Sign Nengi As An Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.