Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. (2504 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Nigerian Army Jails Lt. Col., 15 Others Over Chibok Girls’ Abduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by generalzango(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2009
Its been long time.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by SapeleGuy: 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
Why don't you try posting in the following section:

Racism, Tribalism, Sectarianism
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by bombay: 4:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
He has gone to join forces with mend  so that they can librate biafra grin
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by ifele(m): 1:09am On Jun 29, 2009
Why did Ojukwu kill Victor Banjo? We want to know.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by noetic2: 1:35am On Jun 29, 2009
why is ojukwu still a subject of discourse?
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Bialegend(m): 2:00am On Jun 29, 2009
noetic2:

Because the name Ojukwu instills fear on nigerians. The other two dreaded names by nigerians are IGBO and BIAFRA. Just mention either of these three names and watch nigerians start to panick. Cowards.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by noetic2: 2:51am On Jun 29, 2009
Bialegend:

Because the name Ojukwu instills fear on nigerians. The other two dreaded names by nigerians are IGBO and BIAFRA. Just mention either of these three names and watch nigerians start to panick. Cowards.

u must live and exist in DELUSION . . . , fear? fear of what? who is ojukwu in Nigeria's power game?

And u better stop playing the ethnic card that has continued to make the rest of Nigeria resent the igbos.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 29, 2009
noetic2:

u must live and exist in DELUSION . . . , fear? fear of what? who is ojukwu in Nigeria's power game?

And u better stop playing the ethnic card that has continued to make the rest of Nigeria resent the igbos.

With this your "nigerian mindset", its not so hard to imagine what will be the outcome of that country in a few years time.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 3:31am On Jun 29, 2009
Ojukwu is a NOBODY. He seems a somebody in the eyes of those who worship the Biafra dream however. Now, I don't think the rest of Nigerian recents ibos, just that they do not like the whole BIAFRA CRAP!! I guesstimate that those who latch on to the dream of a biafra make up less than 5% of the ibo populace.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 29, 2009
Blabbing!
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by noetic2: 3:36am On Jun 29, 2009
nuzo:

With this your "nigerian mindset", its not so hard to imagine what will be the outcome of that country in a few years time.

These are mere rants. Rants that have been repeatedly stated since 1960. Instead of u to brainstorm on the way forward for Nigeria, u are making ridiculous assertions about a non-existent and failed igbo agenda.

If the igbos could secede they would have done that ages ago. It is simply IMPOSSIBLE and ojukwu is a NOBODY.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ojukwu is a NOBODY. He seems a somebody in the eyes of those who worship the Biafra dream however. Now, I don't think the rest of Nigerian recents ibos, just that they do not like the whole BIAFRA CRAP!! I guesstimate that those who latch on to the dream of a biafra make up less than 5% of the ibo populace.
noetic2:

These are mere rants. Rants that have been repeatedly stated since 1960. Instead of u to brainstorm on the way forward for Nigeria, u are making ridiculous assertions about a non-existent and failed igbo agenda.

If the igbos could secede they would have done that ages ago. It is simply IMPOSSIBLE and ojukwu is a NOBODY.

Personally, I dont give a damn about Biafra so far Nigeria is willing to get her game right. I also cannot begin to narrate to you how much am working to move the nigerian nation forward.
However, I will be fooling myself if I come up here to begin to speak for the rest of the Igbos on the Biafran agenda and how they feel about Ojukwu.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Jun 29, 2009
I know a lot of Ibos and Majority of those I have spoken to, even those who lived through the Biafran war consider the biafran idea is ridiculous one. I thought that idea died with the civil wars until I came here on nairaland to find some people talking as if the dream was alive again, but when I get back among the ibos around, it's different.

Nigeria will, as a hole have to work to get it's act together, but this need for some to believe that a few are responsible for the mess while they are somehow clean is not only ridiculous but fueling the problem. Ibos are just as guilty for the situation in Nigeria as their hausa and yoruba counterparts are. THAT IS A FACT! That country was not run into the ground by the Hausas alone. The Ibos and Yorubas worked hand in hand with the Hausas to see that happen and until all groups figure that out, we might keep going in circles for a long while to come.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I know a lot of Ibos and Majority of those I have spoken to, even those who lived through the Biafran war consider the biafran idea is ridiculous one. I thought that idea died with the civil wars until I came here on nairaland to find some people talking as if the dream was alive again, but when I get back among the ibos around, it's different.

Likewise Bialegend and some others may have met a lot of Igbos who think otherwise. Exactly the reason I cannot speak for all Igbos except the ones ive met.

Take it or leave it, Ojukwu means a lot to most Igbos ive met. I cannot say the same for Biafra.

Nigeria will, as a hole have to work to get it's act together, but this need for some to believe that a few are responsible for the mess while they are somehow clean is not only ridiculous but fueling the problem. Ibos are just as guilty for the situation in Nigeria as their hausa and yoruba counterparts are. THAT IS A FACT! That country was not run into the ground by the Hausas alone. The Ibos and Yorubas worked hand in hand with the Hausas to see that happen and until all groups figure that out, we might keep going in circles for a long while to come.

Are you insinuating that the Igbos are exonerating themselves from the mess Nigeria is in? Or, are you mistaking the call to minimize marginalization for exoneration of the nigeria mess?
We all know that all the tribes and zones played major roles in ruining nigeria, but coming here to deny the fact that some zones played more major roles is ridiculous.
I also wonder why most of you nigerian patriots didnt question the poster's motive for this thread only to jump in and condemn Ojukwu and anything associated with Ojukwu.
Take your time to go through the poster's recent comments, hence why Bialegend made that statement.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 4:45am On Jun 29, 2009
nuzo:

Take it or leave it, Ojukwu means a lot to most Igbos ive met. I cannot say the same for Biafra.
Well, here is another way to sort of look at it. Al Sharpton may mean a lot to some in the African American society but in the political circle, he is really a NOBODY. Now, if the Ibos need a better future, making sure that man is not a part of it, in my opinion is one of the best moves. All we have done is recycle the same bunch of idiots in the name of hero worship or arse kissing and it has brought us thus far. If we are honest with ourselves, we will realize it is time to retire all those old men, ojukwu and his gang included, and start off with people who have new and better dreams for us all.

nuzo:

Are you insinuating that the Igbos are exonerating themselves from the mess Nigeria is in? Or, are you mistaking the call to minimize marginalization for exoneration of the nigeria mess?
We all know that all the tribes and zones played major roles in ruining nigeria, but coming here to deny the fact that some zones played more major roles is ridiculous.

I am sorry but so far the so called call to minimize marginalization has been packaged with the idea that this is the ultimate solution to the problems that plagues said tribes today. And that is what I am against; the idea that somehow removing one group from the rest will suddenly cause change to occur; change that has continued to elude this same group as a result of their own actions and choices for decades.
We all know Biafra is being sold to some as a CURE ALL . . . once there is a BIAFRA, somehow the problems will MAGICALLY disappear.
nuzo:

I also wonder why most of you nigerian patriots didnt question the poster's motive for this thread only to jump in and condemn Ojukwu and anything associated with Ojukwu.
Question the poster’s motive? Does it all have to be TRIBAL in the end? I don’t have to questions anyone’s motives on here when I don’t need to. I am responding to posts as it interests me.
nuzo:

Take your time to go through the poster's recent comments, hence why Bialegend made that statement.
No thanks. Lol
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 4:55am On Jun 29, 2009
Nuzo has been banned until further notice.
but why is he banned? i'd like to know.
Is it something to do with this thread?
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 5:05am On Jun 29, 2009
@ Kobojunkie,
I dont blame Nuzo for questioning the posters motive, because we all know that anytime Ojukwu is mentioned, it'll spark tribal sentiments. Ojukwu did what he thought best in the interest of a particular tribe, the Igbos.
so mention Ojukwu, Biafra and Igbos, you definitely want tribal sentiments flying.

As an Igbo man and a student of history and also a survivor of the Religious(cartoon) riots/killings of christains/igbo in Maiduguri on Febuary 29th 2006, i understand what Ojukwu and igbos went through in the 60s.

I respect Ojukwu but i know that Biafra is not the solution to our problems.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 5:10am On Jun 29, 2009
noetic2:

i guess some people like stiring the Hornets nest.

ifele:

Ojukwu is in Nnewi, go and ask him grin

bombay:

He has gone to join forces with mend so that they can librate biafra grin

Did you go with him?? grin
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 5:39am On Jun 29, 2009
samparian:

Nuzo has been banned until further notice.
but why is he banned? i'd like to know.
Is it something to do with this thread?

Huh Who banned him?
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 5:43am On Jun 29, 2009
should be our moderator.
Nuzo just called and said he was banned. that's all i know
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 5:45am On Jun 29, 2009
samparian:

@ Kobojunkie,
I dont blame Nuzo for questioning the posters motive, because we all know that anytime Ojukwu is mentioned, it'll spark tribal sentiments. Ojukwu did what he thought best in the interest of a particular tribe, the Igbos.
so mention Ojukwu, Biafra and Igbos, you definitely want tribal sentiments flying.
I could not careless about what the tribalistic minds on here want to feed themselves with or not. I am considering the bigger picture here. NIGERIANS no longer need those old men. NO MORE. THEY ARE DEAD WEIGHT at this point and have played their one card long ago.  They are no GANIs; they just had that one part, played it a long time ago and that was it for them. FINISH!! No need for us to keep dragging them back into the front when we know they are useless to us at this point.

samparian:

As an Igbo man and a student of history and also a survivor of the Religious(cartoon) riots/killings of christains/igbo in Maiduguri on Febuary 29th 2006, i understand what Ojukwu and igbos went through in the 60s.

I respect Ojukwu but i know that Biafra is not the solution to our problems.
You don’t know what tribe I belong to but I can definitely tell you for a fact that He is best to remain part of our history and nothing more. I hate the way people continue to try to raise up these old fogies as if we need them, without considering that these men contributed next to nothing in all this while.  

Biafra is a dream long dead and is likely to remain that way considering even ibos have shown that they are no better than the other tribes in that country.
It really upsets me when people try to play the WE ARE BETTER AND EVERYONE ELSE IS THE PROBLEM CARD. YORUBAS AND HAUSAS ARE JUST AS EVIL AS IBOS. FACT!
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 6:12am On Jun 29, 2009
My Dear, Ojukwu is a big part of Nigerian History which cannot be erased.
personally i dont think he's part of our future.

Like i said earlier, those who mention his name always want to bring up arguements on if He was right or wrong. I dont want to go into details of what transpired in what i consider Nigeria's darkest moments, but let it be known, that Ojukwu and Gown were driven into war by the British government who adviced Gowon not to honor the Aburi accord he had signed in Ghana.

On Biafra, i know for sure that is a mirage, a dream for dis illussioned minds. Not all Igbos believe in Biafra right now. We believed in it then as the only option, but not right now(most of us)
what is happening in the Niger delta right now is exacly what happened in Biafra. aerial, sea and land attack on villages and settlements, while the rest of the country go about their daily business
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 6:21am On Jun 29, 2009
bear in mind the Ojukwu was Military governor of eastern region while Gowon was Ironsi's chief of army staff. and they were all close.

Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Jun 29, 2009
samparian:

bear in mind the Ojukwu was Military governor of eastern region while Gowon was Ironsi's chief of army staff. and they were all close.

Well, I think what I said earlier covers all this for me. I know of his history and I keep back there, in history. It is of no relevance to us now and will not, in the future, What is happening in the Niger Delta has little or no bearing to what happened back during Biafra, in my opinion. We have a group of rebels claiming to fight for the people but doing so in such a way as to put the poeple right in the line of fire. That is not the same as biafra and should not be made to seem that way.

I am not sure what is behind this desperate need for most to feel relevant at all cost. We need to instead focus on solving the problems we have in our areas, rather than continuing to make the fight of others about us.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, I think what I said earlier covers all this for me. I know of his history and I keep back there, in history. It is of no relevance to us now and will not, in the future

If you don't pay attention to history you are bound to make the same mistakes
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Remii(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2009
ifele:

According to Wale Ademoyega in is "Why we Struck", those Majors who were still imprisoned in the East during the war were released by Ojukwu to fight Nigeria for him, but most of them were still loyal to Nigeria and were fighting only to escape back to Nigeria side. Ojukwu got to know this with level of failures from their commands, Banjo inclusive, so he accused him of "coup" planning and was executed. Wale also claimed that even Nzeogwu was given formal burial by Nigerian Army on recognition after they killed him in an ambush. He maintained they all fought alongside Biafra just to stay alive since Nigeria left them to the mercy of Ojukwu.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Kobojunkie: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

If you don't pay attention to history you are bound to make the same mistakes

Well, knowing of history helps you, or should I say equips you with information to help you guard from making the same mistakes and also enables you with the information to continue to the good. Paying attention to your history does not shield you from making the same mistakes. If anything, it is bound to make a head case(paranoid being) out of you if care is not taken.

We tend to over do it when it comes to how we deal with our history, we massage the truth as much as we can so we create some fantastic story where there was never any so we can claim we have and pay attention to our history. That is part of the problem that continues to plague us as a people. that is one of the main reasons we continue to recycle the same old goons, families etc. We are too eager to accept any sweet tale told us by these men of what happened, without sitting down to do research on our own to find out real truth for ourselves.
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by samparian(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2009
i totally agree that old names are being recycled in nigerian politics.

Nigeria is a place where the results of elections are decided in someone's living room, months before the elections even take place.
the only place they have a bit of trouble is in the Primaries of their various parties. Believe that!!
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 29, 2009
where is the mumu hausa fulani wanna be, that started the thread?
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by romeo(m): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2009
When will some fools that had been told over and over again about the proper way of saying IGBO learn it and stop their degrading use of IBO?
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by cyriluzo(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2009
samparian:

should be our moderator.
Nuzo just called and said he was banned. that's all i know

Am interested in knowing why Nuzo was banned. Does it have somthing to do with this thread or some othere thread.

noetic2:

u must live and exist in DELUSION . . .  , fear? fear of what? who is ojukwu in Nigeria's power game?

If someone needs to be banned because of this thread for any reason, I think this is one. Such comment is not health at all.

@poster, Ojukwus's were about does not bug me, neither does it bother 90% of the igbos I know. The idea of biafra does not appeal to me nor does it appeal to 80% of the igbos I know.
Nevertheless, we must learn to place history were it belong. It belongs to the past and its only purpose is to help us prevent bad occurances from happening again.

Ojukwu for me is in thesame class as most of our past leaders. Ojukwu went to war to rule the east, Gowon went to war to rule or maintain the Nigeria entity. Babangida killed to remain in power, so did Obasanjo. Its a commom trait among African leaders. If you recent Ojukwu, you should also recent Usman Dan Fodio who killed innocent peole because of religion, and today he is celebrated in our history books and a great jidadist.

We must leatn to put issue in the right perpective
Re: Is Lt. Col. Ojukwu Still In Nigeria. by IGWEUSA(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2009
df2006:

where is the mumu hausa fulani wanna be, that started the thread?

@df2006

I guess the MUMU must be this bigot called KOBOJUNKIE. He is good in opening this kind of thread, anything about igbos irritates him. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Buhari Over Ribadu? / Four Killed In New Explosion Near Mosque In Maiduguri / PDP Split: Progressive Governors Forum Congratulates Breakaway PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.