Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! (1047 Views)

Uk Charity Planning On Setting Up In Nigeria - Advice Needed! / Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! / Bodybuilding Supplements (shipment To Nigeria) Advice Or Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by Gustv(m): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2009
I'm about embarking on a very promising and lucrative project which is Nigerian-centric, just having a bit of a hard time figuring out how to advertise and market it.

It's an online busines venture (internet marketing with a twist), I would like the advise of fellow N'landers with similar experience on how to get the word out to interested nigerians.

Google Adwords is on top of my list of online marketing strategies along with other online channels, however, the offline advertising part has me all confused.

Has anybody in here tried advertising offline (i.e Guardian, Waseet etc.) and seen a reasonable ROI (return on investment) for their offline Ad campaigns?

Right now for my offline campaigns, I got my eye on The Guardian, Waseet and Punch publications; would consider others as well.

So, please help a brother with some advice on how to launch a profitable ad campaign.

I'm also considering a partnership if anyone has an appetite for it.
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by cvibe: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
@ Poster,

Whatever medium you employ, you've got to be able to track and measure what works and what doesn't, so that you can capitalize on what works and discard what doesn't.

Also, dont expect partnership until you have proven the viability of your concept and business model and, make sure you have registered your copyright , as that is the only way you can make some cool money should someone infringe on your intellectual property.
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by kdanc(m): 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2009
Have you tried success digest extra?
if not try it.
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by Emmandus(m): 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2009
SDE does a classified for N7500, Guardian Tuesday for nN5000.I have a new blog for new business owners visit. theprofidoctor..com
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by stagger: 6:00am On Jun 29, 2009
ahh! Akin is even in the house. Follow his advice well.
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by nwajohn(m): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2009
Success Digest Extra Newspaper is a boom because many internet minded people are following their NGO ( Success Attitude Development Centre) so advertising with them will certainly brings lots of return in your investment. Many of their advertisers has great testmonies. One of them made up to 5 million last year from placing various adverts on the paper.
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by Gustv(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2009
Good Lord! cheesy

More reason why I love hanging out at Nairaland.

Some kick-ass advices in here.

My hats off to Akin and the gang for the awesome Insights.

I would love some more references on other better offline publication worth an entrepreneurs ad naira smiley.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this thread, looking forward to some more insights.
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by mauco: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2009
Hi Gustv,

You may want to read these blog posts to get some inspiration:

How to Market Your Small Business on a Shoestring Budget - http://mauconline.net/blog/?p=67#comments

5 Mistakes to Avoid in small Business Advertising - http://mauconline.net/blog/?p=62#comments

Hope that hellps
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by akinalabi(m): 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2009
I cant find ma post shocked

Kai. . . It took me sometime to put that together
Re: Advertising A New Startup Business In Nigeria - Advice Please! by DrKitaun(m): 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2009
akinalabi:

I cant find ma post shocked

Kai. . . It took me sometime to put that together

wondering myself where ur post/s ever was ?

aw u dey ? we get yarns jare ! wink

(1) (Reply)

Telefish Sales - Fresh / Roasted / Grilled Catfish By Telephone And Email / New Yahoo Group For Nigerian Exporters And Importers / Cheap Laptops And Mobile Phones- Buy 10 get Free 0ne!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.