Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (25605 Views)

7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. / This Is How Auchi Polytechnic Students Celebrated Their Matriculation Yesterday / Delta Polytechnic Students Charging Their Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Justicealh3(m): 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Like this
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is wrong.

Picketing or protest is unlawful when they block access roads.

If police starts to act funny (shoot or beat them) they will blame the police forgetting this act is against the law (Labour Law).

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by damilareoye: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
Of the greatest gbogbooo.

grin
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
This is wrong.

Picketing or protest is unlawful (Labour Law) when they block access roads.

If police starts to act funny (shoot or beat them) they will blame the police forgetting this act is against the law.

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by dguizman(m): 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
trigar12:
Am happy to see this on fp ... Dem too dey treat us like pikin
bro what is the cause of the protest
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by macklef(m): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
In this shoot at sight dispensation?
I pity una parents
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by FabioPeter: 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
Do they realise that is is an act of terrorism? If they do not care about the right of fellow citizen to ply the road built using their tax, why then should we empathise with them?
I hope a car doesn't hit anyone, else the protest will change theme.
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by mlanreh: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
FabioPeter:
Do they realise that is is an act of terrorism? If they do not care about the right of fellow citizen to ply the road built using their tax, why then should we empathise with them?
I hope a car doesn't hit anyone, else the protest will change theme.
The protest was peaceful and absolute nothing got. Damage in the school
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by trigar12(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
dguizman:

They want to close the school portal and stop students that has not paid their school fees from entering the school campus. And 90% has not paid the fees(55k).

That's the major summary
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by phemmie06(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pictures speak but your pictures are not speaking @op
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by mlanreh: 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
dguizman:
Pls check the front page again under my name you would get the gist
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Huthad(m): 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] cry As a bonafied student of d institution,we need govt intervention in dix,paying as if our dad are part of d victim @DASUKIGATE,treating d student like a kids,asking student nt 2be present in class without completing ur tution,#EVERY SUG ACTION WAS A HIT BK 2BK#fuk dat shit justics must be done#ALUTA CONTIUA

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Profkomolafe(m): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
looseweight:
Needless protest....
Its only a protest by students of federal school that yields good result, all these state own institution will come to blame themselves for doing so by the time the govt start to deal with their SUG
so OAU is also a state owned institution? last time I checked,their sug was given some semesters to stay at home. what do you have to say about that?
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Huthad(m): 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
#Kudos to the O.P for creating this thrend.. My signature @ur WallClock...
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
I hope those protesting sha wount be expell.. because this protest may turn sometin else..
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by dguizman(m): 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
trigar12:

They want to close the school portal and stop students that has not paid their school fees from entering the school campus. And 90% has not paid the fees(55k).

That's the major summary
ok......ALUTA. CONTINUA

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2016

MaKE THIS MUMU CHILDREN JUST PRAY SAY
THE CONVOY OF BURUNTAI NO PASS
IF NOT, THEIR CASE GO PASS SHIITE PEOPLE OWN cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Fortune02(m): 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
Huthad:
[color=#006600][/color] cry As a bonafied student of d institution,we need govt intervention in dix,paying as if our dad are part of d victim @DASUKIGATE,treating d student like a kids,asking student nt 2be present in class without completing ur tution,#EVERY SUG ACTION WAS A HIT BK 2BK#fuk dat shit justics must be done#ALUTA CONTIUA
undecided
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by FabioPeter: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
mlanreh:

The protest was peaceful and absolute nothing got. Damage in the school

How about people who had appointment to keep but couldn't because of this protest?How about man hours lost to traffic caused by the protest?
A protest isn't peaceful just because it's not bloody, when it impacts on the right of others it's no longer peaceful.
What they want is publicity, going to a media house, creating a hash tag on social media etc would have been a more reasonable option. I hope they learn.
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by mlanreh: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
FabioPeter:

How about people who had appointment to keep but couldn't because of this protest?How about man hours lost to traffic caused by the protest?
A protest isn't peaceful just because it's not bloody, when it impacts on the right of others it's no longer peaceful.
What they want is publicity, going to a media house, creating a hash tag on social media etc would have been a more reasonable option. I hope they learn.

Noted bro and sincerely this is well said

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by aleshmotors: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mumu dey worry u,keep d rest story 4 urself or finish it here
VankyXp:
[size=23pt]Heart Touching story!!! This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!![/size]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

One young man went to
apply for a managerial
position in a big company.
He passed the initial
interview, and now would
meet the director for the
final interview.
The director discovered
from his CV that the youth’s
academic achievements
were excellent.

He asked,
“Did you obtain any
scholarships in school?”
the youth answered “no”.
” Was it your father who
paid for your school fees?”
“My father passed away
when I was one year old, it
was my mother who paid
for my schoolfees.” he
replied.
” Where did your mother
work?”
“My mother worked as
clothes cleaner.”
The director requested the
youth to show his hands.
The youth showed a pair of
hands that were smooth
and perfect.

” Have you ever helped
your mother wash the
clothes before?”
“Never, my mother always
wanted me to study and
read more books. Besides,
my mother can wash
clothes faster than me.
The director said, “I have a
request. When you go
home today, go and clean
your mother’s hands, and
then see me tomorrow
morning.

The youth felt that his
chance of landing the job
was high. When he went
back home, he asked his
mother to let him clean her
hands. His mother felt
strange, happy but with
mixed feelings, she showed
her hands to her son.
[/b]
Read-The Rest-Here
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by aleshmotors: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
End time student
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Treash(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
I saw dem plenty for Express way. Na doz army com later scatter dem enta bush.
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Calbarian(m): 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
Beginning to seem like passing English isn't a requirement in schools these days.

mlanreh:
The student of Gateway poly have decided to go on a protest so their voices will be heard. A source who is a student of the school made it know to me that normally administration fee which was increased from ought to be paid in the 2nd semester,but the rector moved it to the 1st semester and once they are not able to make the payment there is no way they can pay tuition since the rector and his team created a new portal in which payments should be made. Then the SUG agitated that if the school want the Admin fee in the first semester then they should create a portal where they can pay their tuition twice paying at least 70% of the tuition fee in the first semester and the remaining 30% before the start of their 2nd semester,but the rector decided not to give room for such negotiation by saying in a congress which was organized by the SUG today that any student who can't pay 100% of both the Admin and the tuition by first tomorrow won't be allowed into the Campus on Monday which is the 1st of February. And also not forgetting the increment in JAMB regulazation fee from 7,000 to 15,000 all this i guessed pushed the entire student to the express road.

It is well
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Calbarian(m): 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
aleshmotors:
Mumu dey worry u,keep d rest story 4 urself or finish it here

grin
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by macsymphony: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
Issorite......continue grin
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by lycann(m): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
saapade igbeyin....#admin
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ogaprime(m): 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
looseweight:
Needless protest....
Its only a protest by students of federal school that yields good result, all these state own institution will come to blame themselves for doing so by the time the govt start to deal with their SUG

Guy, chop am...if all state university protests dey miss target...LASU don't miss target. If you haven't heard it before. LASU students cooked beans in front of governor's office. Maybe you have forgotten that de school fees was 250k, now its back to 25k. So chop your words abeg. Thank you...

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by luthorcorp: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Should everything always resort to violence? undecided tongue
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by spiralwedge(m): 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
State hooligans blocking FEDERAL ROAD over a minor campus matter.

Is the Rector or the commissioner or the governor at the EXPRESSWAY to hear their grievances and promise them a solution?

Who exactly did they go to complain to? JULIUS BERGER or FRSC or commuters? Smh! Nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by spiralwedge(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
ogaprime:

Guy, chop am...if all state university protests dey miss target...LASU don't miss target. If you haven't heard it before. LASU students cooked beans in front of governor's office. Maybe you have forgotten that de school fees was 250k, now its back to 25k. So chop your words abeg. Thank you...

So their own governor's office is in the middle of the bushy expressway? Smh

Misdirected protest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. / Has PEDMAS Really Taken Over From BODMAS? / ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.