Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (25606 Views)

7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. / This Is How Auchi Polytechnic Students Celebrated Their Matriculation Yesterday / Delta Polytechnic Students Charging Their Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ogaprime(m): 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
spiralwedge:

So their own governor's office is in the middle of the bushy expressway? Smh

Misdirected protest.

If they suffering, do everything to get help but don't destroy things...now the news of their protest is all over and must have gotten to the state government. That's little step to success, am sure they have written countless letters to all authorities. So let them protest which ever way they want to protest just to get the attention of people concerned shaa don't destroy things...
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by spiralwedge(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
ogaprime:

If they suffering, do everything to get help but don't destroy things...now the news of their protest is all over and must have gotten to the state government. That's little step to success, am sure they have written countless letters to all authorities. So let them protest which ever way they want to protest just to get the attention of people concerned shaa don't destroy things...

You are wrong. You protest by going to get the attention of people who can help solve your problems, not by creating nuisance to innocent commuters.

Your logic is same as that of a terrorist. A terrorist disturbs the peace of others (innocent unconcerned people) to get attention to themselves. Are you an ex-militant?

1 Like

Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ogaprime(m): 12:18am On Jan 29, 2016
spiralwedge:

You are wrong. You protest by going to get the attention of people who can help solve your problems, not by creating nuisance to innocent commuters.

Your logic is same as that of a terrorist. A terrorist disturbs the peace of others (innocent unconcerned people) to get attention to themselves. Are you an ex-militant?

Ask seun ooo. Did I not rule out destroying things...are commuters still blocked as at of now?? Its just like saying to the government "we are starting our protest little by little and we are coming for you soon". Who knows if the children of commuters held up in the protest will one day attend the school. In case of LASU, the students blocked expressways both at the front gate and beside the school. All because the school fee was increased from 25k to 250k. The protest yielded result, it was reverted back to 25k. I am sure at least a child of the commuters held up in the protest is a student of the school today. Let protest be peaceful even if it will disrupt some activities, its for greater good of the future. The "I have a dream" that you read of today, some activities got disrupted by it then but its enjoyed all over america today. Thank you
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ogaprime(m): 12:23am On Jan 29, 2016
spiralwedge:

The innocent commuters will even join them to talk to the government to listen to their plights....so NLC strike isn't creating nuisance to innocent tourist and foreigners working here full/part time
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by jerecrown(m): 6:56am On Jan 29, 2016
Just goin on bike nd i say make I drop here
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by deedondavi(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2016
ajasa4link:
Their protest dey learn from LASU own.... Lasuites wey dey cook in front of government office. cheesygrin
Not funny
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ajasa4link: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
deedondavi:
Not funny
k
Re: Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Phabulous4(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
Press released from a reliable source.
NEWS HEADLINE (GAPOSA) MANAGEMENT TREATS US (STUDENTS) LIKE FOOLS PRESIDENT LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS STUDENTS STUDENTS DEMAND SOME RESPECT FROM THE MANAGEMENT Management treats us (students) like fools The congress started exactly 12pm yesterday as agreed between the students and the management, the auditorium was filled up by students from different faculty and department. All the students waited patiently to receive favourable respond from the management over the issues of regularization and school fees, the new students were in high expectation in meeting the Rector for the first time. The Rector came in at exactly 1:15pm, the national anthem, Aluta, and freedom songs were sang by students leading by the students’ union representative. The Rector took over the stage and addresses the students, after addressing the student he demanded for question from the students, a lot of questions were submitted on his table. One of the questions was, “Sir since the management has refused us paying school fees this semester and pay the administrative charges next semester, can we pay the administrative fees in full and pay 70% of the school fee this semester and 30% next semester? Rector “no, the portal is not design that way” while the student where still agitating for their right, he walked out on the students without patiently tolerating the students attitude. The students are trained to fight and defend their right in integrity, yet fighting such right is seem as disobedient and stubbornness. Are the institution training leaders or cowards to succeed their processor? The youth are the future leaders (deception), why should we be taught what we are deprived of practicing? This is un call for, POSITIVE SCHOOL OF TORT/LAW. Is Gateway a private or government institution? Why are we treated as fools? It was heard that the management has given the students two weeks break, starting from 28/01/16-17/02/16, but some students claim is not two weeks, but indefinite break. President lay down his life for his students All gaposite are very happy with the recent movement and actions taking by students’ representative (SUG) led by comrade Asani Lateef Shaola a.k.a Bobo Law. The students of gaposite said “we are in support of this move; he has proved to us that his a true leader and not a coward”. The president who was beating up, brutalize and molested by the army force yesterday, who were sent after the students for peaceful protest by the school management. He said “no amount of maltreatment will scared me in standing and defending the right of my students” I sincerely express my deep feeling and sadness towards some of the students that escape straight bullet from the army force and those that were beating up by the army force as well, I promise that your pain will not go in vain.” “The treatment from the management is unfair to us students, all other polytechnic are paying 10,000 naira for jamb regularization why ours is 12,000 naira?” he said “change I vow for, change I stand and support and change I must get”. Students demand some respect from the management We are not fools, stop treating us as one said the students of gaposa. The management has pretended not to understand, they were once students! They have forgotten that we also have parent and we were also born the same way as they were born. The Rector claims he attended free school, yet his not concerned, is it our fault that our parent does not have enough money to send us to private institution? We are asking the world, what is the different between higher institution and secondary school? We were ask to pay all fees in two weeks other wise we will not be allowed to enter the school premises, is this secondary school or college? We were also warn not to put on face cap, na waoooo gateway don turn to Mr Rector secondary school, state school for that matter! God help us. The students complain bitterly of the management treatment yesterday, “we were treated badly yesterday at our peaceful protest, the management call the army force to shot at us directly, what is all this, are we criminals or robbers! What is wrong for fighting for ones right in a meaningful and peaceful manner? The management must and should treat us fair with respect, if they want our cooperation. We use this medium to charge all students in the state to support this movement of change, and to the entire nation, if truly they believe in us as future leaders they should support justice and fair treatment of the students. We also call for immediate reopening. of the students’ union (SUG) office which was locked up yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY. / Has PEDMAS Really Taken Over From BODMAS? / ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.