Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (48378 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ayindejimmy(m): 6:51am On Jan 29, 2016
You'al condemning the article must realize that it's hard for the international community, especially the West, cos those people usually find it hard to comprehend how Nigeria, the giant of Africa, can have such poverty ravished population and also find it hard to defeat a ragtag terrorist group until it became a full blown one.

If was in their shoes, I'll call out past leaders worst.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by texazzpete(m): 6:52am On Jan 29, 2016
God bless the economist for this.

Leave the confused Nigerians who are protesting about this. They don't count.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2016
MeloGistDotCom:

Seriously they have gone too far by pokenosing on nigeria's private issues..
hw do u justify ur claims dt an international media is pokenosing in to our polity?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tyzi(m): 6:57am On Jan 29, 2016
These comment on our own former presido is barbaric,an insult to the whole nation and buhari from the Economists paper,I think they lack discipline.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by erumena(m): 7:09am On Jan 29, 2016
grandstar:

They are my best secular mag. Loved them since I was 18.

Anyway their choice of words is inappropriate and should be retracted.

I suspect the writer snd editor were incensed at the senseless looting of the till under his watch and allowing BH to reign supremely. Though these sins were inexcusable, they do not justify the insult

Though I'm not a fan of Former President Goodluck Jonathan, I still detest that use of word on him, that's way out of line!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by OKorowanta: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.

Let me know wen u cancel it so i can suscribe and take your place grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by zheroes(m): 7:18am On Jan 29, 2016
am not a GEJ fan and will never be, I regret he was ever a president because under him corruption was legalized but I cant stand and smile while a foreigner uses such word on him, we know he performed woefully but they should leave that to us, they have indirectly insulted every Nigerian, so when people travel and are ill treated they shouldn't come here and complain, its totally unacceptable from the economist, am disappointed in them, they obviously lack professionalism.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by bueze046(m): 7:24am On Jan 29, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
IPOB youths and corruption supporters fighting back

No matter what you do, it does not change the fact that GEJ is a BUFFOON

And please can you tell us why you Brings IPOB to this
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Orikinla(m): 7:25am On Jan 29, 2016
Dear Nigerians, stop attacking the Economist. Because, former President Goodluck Jonathan asked for it when he spent millions of dollars to pay American and British media and PR agencies for image laundering in his desperation to win a second term. But they were laughing behind him from London to Washington D.C. Money cannot buy integrity. Dasukigate is enough evidence.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Orikinla(m): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2016
OKorowanta:

Let me know wen u cancel it so i can suscribe and take your place grin
grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by GogetterMD(m): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2016
pulsa:

I was about wasting my time posting articles and images, but then I realised you were not worth the effort.

In between, I know Jonathan was clueless ( he still is), but I have a problem with other people; racist whites, insulting him, as they are actually insulting a former "President and Commanding officer of the federal republic of Nigeria", this can and must never be accepted as it sets a precedence to other derogatory remarks that will follow against our elected officials, and who knows they might insult a serving one next time.

And please don't quote me again, if you can not relate to and understand what I have said above.
tongue
Articles and images kwa? Because me sef no get broadband connection and I'm naive?
Issokay. Believe what you want
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Orikinla(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2016
texazzpete:
God bless the economist for this.

Leave the confused Nigerians who are protesting about this. They don't count.
grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Ndolarr: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2016
The description of Jonathan by the Economist is painfully the truth! Jonathan should not be deceived that he is respected in the international circle by the series of cheap awards being given him. The oyinbos know him very well to be a weak, ineffectual and clueless leader. They know him to be dishonest, manipulative and wasteful while in power. He should just apologize to Nigerians for wasting a golden opportunity to take Nigeria to higher heights, when oil was selling at more than $100 per barrel!! I really pity him, because the Economist is a respected medium in the western world whose opinion is largely reflective of the western establishment leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 29, 2016
Nothing new said by The Economist. The magazine only put it the more beyond reasonable doubt that Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has always been a clown amusing us (at great cost to our common well being) with his ridiculous behaviour. Strangely The Economist forgot to make a mention of his shepopotamus of a wife! All the arranged awards fall flat in the face of The Economist's tagging of him as a buffoon!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Orikinla(m): 7:39am On Jan 29, 2016
The Economist knows why they called him an "Ineffectual BUFFOON". And RT.Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi must be enjoying this and sharing it with Prof. Wole Soyinka. Honestly, that insult is Soyinkasque! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by NairaExam690(m): 7:40am On Jan 29, 2016
Na so
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 29, 2016
The blame wasn't pioneered by us. Same colored the American democrats and Republicans in the 90's

History dates are what we choose to recall, not the lessons
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by menxer: 7:42am On Jan 29, 2016
This is a clear case of a spouse abuser that would deal with anyone that abuses his/her spouse.

Na today Nigerians dey abuse GEJ?

So an ineffectual buffoon is worthy of all the international awards, so far bestowed on GEJ?
Something does not add up.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by bluecircle470: 7:42am On Jan 29, 2016
Yes dat is wot he is.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by seaga: 7:43am On Jan 29, 2016
ellechrystal:
That's not professional of them. It's sad , but then we never respected him, how do we expect others especially d whites to do so? We should expect more insults on others as well. Am certain buhari will get his someday. I hope those happy now won't complain later.

My dear Jonathan had no business in that office, he knows it, why did he accept? Greed! He doesn't ve my respect, because I did my study on him before the election and I knew he had nothing to offer. He deserves what's coming to him, because he ruined this great economy of ours.But then he didn't do it alone Nigerian voted him in on pure sentiments, some because his region has never been president, some because they don't want hausa to be, some because is young,silly reasons.If buhari messes up he will get his, but it's too early the best you can do is to wish him well, atleast they are not stealing with impunity under his watch, blocking all leakages. For the sake of your country wish him well and don't be certain he will fail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 29, 2016
Nigerians are funny people, I have always believed our press is ineffective that's why politicians act like gorillas, American press have called George bush all the bad names in the books. The reason their society is better than ours is that the press speak in plain and clear terms how they feel.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by wristbangle: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2016
ellechrystal:
That's not professional of them. It's sad , but then we never respected him, how do we expect others especially d whites to do so? We should expect more insults on others as well. Am certain buhari will get his someday. I hope those happy now won't complain later.

I don't think those who are against GEJ regime liked the humiliating phrase used by the economist and I am certain that those who are against buhari will also not like it when another killer phrase will be use by the economist against the once number one citizen of the country by then.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by mbhs139(m): 7:48am On Jan 29, 2016
ellechrystal:

And I think we are rubbing it in more with this debate, especially with some people's comments. I would rather we ignore them, but with people of this country supporting the the faux paux call to question.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Kelvin0(m): 7:49am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they produce virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
5. why cant Prince Charles be allowed to rule if he is competent?
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.
N.B

So many persons have quoted me for the wrong reason by supporting the humliliating and scandalousb write up against our immediate past president. If a Nigerian paper or group should write anything bad against the Govt of England or the Queen they would have demanded for immediate apology or resorted to the indiscriminate deportation of law abiding Nigeriana living in the UK.
Remember oyr National Pledge for the sake of Patriotism
I PLEDGE to Nigeria My Country
To be FAITHFUL,LOYAL and HONEST
To Serve Nigeria with all my STRENGHT
To DEFEND her UNITY,UPHOLD her( HONOUR) and GLORY
So Help Me God.
I remain loyal and hold nobody any apology on my stands to defend Nigeria. Thank You.
Hmm
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by babafirst(m): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2016
And can you imagine some ineffectual abobakus or baboons in the name of fans of this ineffectual buffoon once compared him with Mandela,Lee Kuan Yew and Obama etc in one ridiculous advert.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by katakata555: 8:02am On Jan 29, 2016
(BUFFOONS) 1. ONE WHO ACTS IN A SILLY OR RIDICULOUS FASHION; A CLOWN OR FOOL. 2.AN UNINTENTIONALLY RIDICULOUS PERSON.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by babafirst(m): 8:06am On Jan 29, 2016
Wailers,the way una no eat for Chicken Republic again make una no read Economist again....Make una dey read 'Dauda the sexy guy' magazine.Nonsense.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2016
ellechrystal:
respect a leader who mortgaged our future? GEJ deserves no iota of respect. Respect is earned and GEJ does not deserve one for his colossal mismanagement of our common wealth.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by adedayourt(m): 8:13am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.

It still doesnt change the fact that GEJ is an Ineffective Buffoon undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by cardoctor(m): 8:15am On Jan 29, 2016
See as this people dey insult my former president.

Click on my signature below for advanced vehicle diagnostics in ABUJA.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by lurlah2014(f): 8:22am On Jan 29, 2016
advertorial influence #in dokpesi voice
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by kenny905(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2016
Gej is dumb as shiet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sa'idu Afaka Buhari's Driver Was Detained By DSS For Tricking The President - SR / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari / Sanusi Regains Freedom, Leaves Awe (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.