Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. (3024 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 29, 2016
Right now I'm in a position where I'm supposed to be married with a woman and at least a child in my household.
Sadly, that is not the case for me this moment.
I'm fully grown, reached and passed marriageable age yet the idea of keeping a relationship talk less of getting married is such a burden for me.

I'm content with a sort of solitary lifestyle and sometimes make time out to socialize by hanging out with friends or in a bar.

My problem now is I don't know how long I can keep up with this type of life and I'm yet to find a reason to seek a serious relationship that would lead to marriage.

I just don't feel the need for it.
Don't even let me get started with the sex part.
Am I even normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by talktonase(m): 12:55am On Jan 29, 2016
The sex part I don't agree!
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 29, 2016
talktonase:
The sex part I don't agree!
What don't you agree?
Perhaps we should just leave that out.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by wtfCode: 1:06am On Jan 29, 2016
how old are u man?

1 Like

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 29, 2016
wtfCode:
how old are u man?
Gosh! Please don't make this worse for me already.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by leciester(m): 1:11am On Jan 29, 2016
that mean you are not seriously ready to marry.cause if wanna marry you would thinking of a children with a better generation listen bro marriage is legal in kingdom of God and also a right from a parent to see their grand child.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by wtfCode: 1:16am On Jan 29, 2016
DonChippy:

Gosh!
Please don't make this worse for me already.

u're experiencing womanphobia.
kick the fear out, take a bold step, get a nice gal and love her.
time is running out.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Goodcare(m): 2:42am On Jan 29, 2016
please just take it easy everybody want baby but sometimes the economic of the contry deprive one from it.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 29, 2016
It depends on ur experiences from childhood. It happens to both men and women and if u a man is like this, to love a woman won't be an easy task and women in their own part crave for love like mad..even more than they give it. They rarely want to knw the cost behind showing love for a man. At the end when they find men like u with emotional imbalance, they'll conclude all men are bad. The fact is u can't give what u don't have

But u gat to help urself to change, u'll find ur own woman don't worry. Someone who'll pay back ur costly effort to show love with her tender loyalty.

1 Like

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by wordbank(m): 6:21am On Jan 29, 2016
My brother abeg flex u still get time
No mind wetin dem dey tell u
Na for old age person dey weda him live him life well or not but for now and as today na friday abeg go flex ur small cash with sugarbellies
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by cynhamscakes(f): 6:49am On Jan 29, 2016
Mr, its good you know that your chosen kind of lifestyle isn't really cool. But then there are so many out there like you who just love being single mainly because of the freedom that goes with being single.

This is Africa where a "normal" man is expected to get married when he attains certain age and level in life; same goea for the woman too. So people begin to see you as "abnormal " when you don't tow towards that line.

You may eventually have to settle with a woman but in this case, a matured woman who have seen life and knows all there is to marriage.
Marriage is not easy ooooo but then we still have to settle down with someone eventually.

Believe me, loneliness at old age is a very terrible thing.

So try to imagine what it will be like having a wife, i know there are lots of negative stories out there regarding marriage but you never can tell, yours may be a testimony. Just be careful and pray for guidance from God.

Good luck.

5 step wedding cake @ 55k in Abuja! delicious, tasty, rich and beautiful too. Birthday cakes available too. Office/home delivery. Call/whatsapp 07034794947 pin 531753fb, www.cynhamscakes.com
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Creamish(f): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2016
If you are not ready for marriage, don't go into it. Marriage isn't for everyone. Its better u stay single than keep a depressed woman at home cos U don't fancy the union.

Marry whenever ur ready. Ur priorities seem different.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 29, 2016
Thanks everyone.

I really appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

There are some salient points that were made tho'.

First is the economic situation which doesn't encourage people settling down like Goodcare said. I really don't want to bring a child to this world that would eventually suffer. Better not to even have any until one is financially buoyant enough. That's what I feel else I would have impregnated someone and organise a quick wedding like so many people do.

The part about marrying a matured woman like Cynhamcakes mentioned is a NO NO for me. Even if I'm fifty, it's likely I eventually marry a twenty year old simply because maturity isn't just about age.
It's a mental process and way of thinking. You might come across a 30 year old who still acts like a child while another 18 year old even thinks and make better decisions. For the old age part, I think all old people eventually get lonely but sometimes it's better if you have a level of wealth and comfort which would keep attracting dependants into your life.

Thanks Creamish and radicallyblunt, your words are really encouraging.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Dyt(f): 8:24am On Jan 29, 2016
Do you have money?
Are you very rich?
Can you give out 10million naira to a woman without looking back?

Don't worry
Your looks ain't that important neither does your behaviour, the only thing that matters is give money and don't look back

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2016
Dyt:
Do you have money?
Are you very rich?
Can you give out 10million naira to a woman without looking back?

Don't worry
Your looks ain't that important neither does your behaviour, the only thing that matters is give money and don't look back

grin grin grin
Yeah I know and that's what keeps me away from women. grin
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Dyt(f): 8:38am On Jan 29, 2016
DonChippy:

Yeah I know and that's what keeps me away from women. grin

Oh
So you don't have sef
Me I wanted to give it a trial ni

Ogbeni goan work harder jor
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2016
Dyt:
Oh So you don't have sef Me I wanted to give it a trial ni
Ogbeni goan work harder jor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol! I know sey na Jackass you dey find. Me sef no dey do. tongue
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by jashar(f): 9:51am On Jan 29, 2016
If you ain't ready, you ain't ready. Don't kowtow to pressure from anyone/anywhere.

Make God happy and be happy. smiley
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by SisterCaro(m): 10:11am On Jan 29, 2016
DonChippy:
Right now I'm in a position where I'm supposed to be married with a woman and at least a child in my household.
Sadly, that is not the case for me this moment.
I'm fully grown, reached and passed marriageable age yet the idea of keeping a relationship talk less of getting married is such a burden for me.

I'm content with a sort of solitary lifestyle and sometimes make time out to socialize by hanging out with friends or in a bar.

My problem now is I don't know how long I can keep up with this type of life and I'm yet to find a reason to seek a serious relationship that would lead to marriage.

I just don't feel the need for it.
Don't even let me get started with the sex part.
Am I even normal
marriage is not by force if you feel its not for you then maybe you need to stop stressing about it and accept your fate. The last thing we want if for you to marry a woman you are not ready to commit to and continue to live a single man's lifestyle.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by troy20(m): 10:17am On Jan 29, 2016
Well Marriage is a dying institution anywway.how about just having a child.you can keep or discharge the babymama if you want.its the in-thing these days.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 29, 2016
troy20:
Well Marriage is a dying institution anywway.how about just having a child.you can keep or discharge the babymama if you want.its the in-thing these days.
To be honest, i have really considered that but i'd prefer to have an pen relationship where i would at least have some level of freedom.
Marriage sometimes make me feel like i would be a prisoner to a woman who wouldn't allow me to admire or have a rapport with any other woman i find attractive. Very few would allow that while the wedding ring feels like restricting chains. undecided

You are right Sistercaro but it is only a matter of time before society starts to judge someone like me for remaining single.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by StPete: 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Your case cannot be analyzed fully without knowing ur age. So I ask once again like someone did before, how old are u?
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by anomsodi(m): 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Do u knw is becos of u dat a Iady is spendin sIeepIess nite in d church prayer to God for a husband
u r an answered prayer to a gaI [i][/i]
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by byvan03: 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
It's better to remain single than ruin another 's life in the name of getting married for societal reasons. Marriage isn't for everyone, you can contract a surrogate for a baby , that way your freedom remains.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
StPete:
Your case cannot be analyzed fully without knowing ur age. So I ask once again like someone did before, how old are u?
I don't have a case here. Let's just call it an issue worth discussing and why does my age really matter. I said I'm of marriageable age. Why does the exact figure matter to you?
Okay.
To satisfy your curiosity, I'm already 40 years old.
Are you happy now?
So what do you have to say on this?
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by StPete: 12:00am On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=DonChippy post=42450319]
I don't have a case here. Let's just call it an issue worth discussing and why does my age really matter. I said I'm of marriageable age. Why does the exact figure matter to you?
Okay.
Are you happy now?
So what do you have to say on this?[/quote

Jeez man, at 40 I'd say you need to change ur mindset. Get a girl man, there's so much I wanna say but can't put words to paper
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 30, 2016
StPete I was only messing with you. I'm not that old.grin
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Ishilove: 2:06am On Jan 30, 2016
DonChippy:

Okay.
Are you happy now?
So what do you have to say on this?
shocked shocked

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Guest22(m): 2:48am On Jan 30, 2016
wouldnt say I’m new here, have always visited nairaland as a guest, but just had to comment on this,..as I think am in a similar situation with the OP
well, my case is a slightly different because I’ve been married before (6yrs ago),…my wife died within the 1st year of our marriage. (bless her soul)… .

Now, I’m in my mid-thirties, have a reasonable job, lives quite okay,...but I just don’t feel like marrying again… and that’s what everyone don’t seem to understand.

I have dated couple of good ladies since my late wife passed, but that feeling to make the relationship permanent, isn’t just there,…I don’t seem to love any one of them…cos I don’t even want to.

Every one keep saying “I’m yet to get over my late wife”… “that I have to move on”,..but I honestly don’t think that’s the case here,..I believe I have moved past that… its just that I’m enjoying this single life over again,…and don’t wanna make that marriage commitment again,..at least not at the moment. Maybe many years down the line,...like when am 60yrs old, I might consider marrying...lol. grin

So mr Op, I don’t think theres anything wrong with you,.. if the thought of marriage is giving you sleepless night,..maybe marriage isn’t just for you yet, irrespective of your age. Stop losing sleep over it, enjoy your life, do whatever you want with your life, cos its yours wink …and you owe no one any explanation. cheers.
Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 30, 2016
Thank you so much Mr Guest22, seems I know you. grin
@Ishilove, that meme got me cracking up. grin I actually typed all that while I was high on some Vodka. grin

1 Like

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by PresVA: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2016
DonChippy:

To be honest, i have really considered that but i'd prefer to have an pen relationship where i would at least have some level of freedom.
Marriage sometimes make me feel like i would be a prisoner to a woman who wouldn't allow me to admire or have a rapport with any other woman i find attractive. Very few would allow that while the wedding ring feels like restricting chains. undecided

You are right Sistercaro but it is only a matter of time before society starts to judge someone like me for remaining single.
So this is your problem? Hope you'll also allow your wife admire and have rapport with men she finds attractive? So many of you want to have your cake and eat it.. keep a 'good' woman at home while living single outside. . Whenever you decide to marry, I hope you get a woman that fits you wella.. tongue

Keep running from your responsibilities, your eyes go clear when your friend's kids are already in the Uni...

2 Likes

Re: The Thought Of Marriage Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights. by Ishilove: 11:19am On Jan 30, 2016
DonChippy:
Thank you so much Mr Guest22, seems I know you. grin
@Ishilove, that meme got me cracking up. grin I actually typed all that while I was high on some Vodka. grin
Your statement shock me na grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexy Mother Who Trended Online With Her Daughter Shares More Incredible Photos / Minimum Amount Needed By A Family Of Six For Monthly Sustenance. / I Hate Any Form Of Housework And I'll Work My Ass To Hire A Maid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.