Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories (23250 Views)

How African Parents Raise Their Kids? Share Your Experience While Growing Up! / Wife Captured On Camera Running Out Of Home As She Refuses "To Do" More (video) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by dinma007: 7:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Nigerians on Twitter who ever considered running away from home as kids have shared the hilarious reasons that idea occurred to them and how their run away from home ended.

The stories left me in stitches. Get ready for yours. Read below:

http://www.lailasblog.com/nigerians-ever-thought-running-away-home-kids-share-stories/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by dinma007: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2017
lalasticlala

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Beamborla(f): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2017
They didn't even attempt suicide before running away.

I was going to receive some whopping so i ran away cos the knife wasn't sharp enough to get the job done; but was taken back home by a family friend I found out of my confusion... And, boy, was I whopped? Hands and legs were tied...i still have the scares.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 30, 2017
Thought of??

I actually did run away from home and almost attempted suicide.

But I only left the house for some hours at night

it was mosquitoes, discomfort and cold that drove me back home. I started thinking about my comfortable room with nice bed and no mosquitoes and I was like I can't suffer like this when home is dope had to call my parents by 1am or so to come pick me up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2017
Evaberry:
Thought of??

it was mosquitoes, discomfort and cold that drove me back home. I started thinking about my comfortable room with a nice bed and had to call my parents to come pick me up

yep the mosquitoes and masturbating to piko's fine ass really helped

modified: okay that came out wrong and i'm sorry (even though i wont edit it off) but seriously have got to do my bidding if youwant this whole shiiii to stop cos i'm thinking on extending it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by ibroh22(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2017
I remember the time I decided to leave home,deliberately want to get lost......but I haven't even trekked half km from my house,it was going dark and I returned home,i never tried it again since that day..

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by AburoBuhari: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2017
our bad Government,Buharinomics will make Me,my unborn children run away from the country,that's enough reason

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by POpikin: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2017
buhari caused 2face to do this
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Hayerh30: 11:14am On Sep 30, 2017
Superstory

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by tk4rd: 11:14am On Sep 30, 2017
Espacio.!!! (Meaning "Space")

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Financialfree: 11:14am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by rotexteymie(f): 11:14am On Sep 30, 2017
I even dropped a letter in the laundry basket saying I'll goan meet patience ozokwor to train me.. grin grin grin cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by kolnel: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2017
The parents in those days got no chill
Always beating hell out of you for the smallest provocation

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2017
ran away from home

When I was caught I was arrested and locked up in a cell for two days cry cry the smell in the cell still hunts me urine smell and all

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by zinxteba: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2017
Hayerh30:
Superstory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Onlinetalk: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2017
BACK IN DOZ DAYS....I almost fleee from home when i finish a whole pot full OF MEAT B4 MY PARENT ARRIVE.....I WAS LIKE WHY DID I DO DIZ....I LATER PUNISHED MY SELF BY KNELLING DOWN TILL DEY ARRIVE

28 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by CaroLyner(f): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2017
grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by goldbim(f): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2017
Too much movies grin As a kid,such things don't move Nigerian parents..they'll tell you Ile ni apoti joko de(the stool will always wait for you at home).but once you are an adult and you threaten to move out of the house they become over protective..smh!A child is never too old for his/her parent.

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Dotwillis1(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2017

The day I attempted running away from home... I ran into my Dad's friend ....and he drew my ears back home grin.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Vivly(f): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2017
Finally a Nairaland thread I have a story on .
I ran away from home twice. The only thing that brought me back was my love for education and how much I hated mosquitoes. I could survive the cold, possibility of being raped, distorted future but those humming insects, No.
Looking back now, I'm glad I came back home each time I left. Child abuse is a real thing

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 30, 2017
Nigerians parents are one of the problems of these nation

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by naijaisGOOD: 11:19am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Yuneehk(f): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2017
"My mom got tired of flogging and told us to go look for our mum" had me LOL. Nigerian Parents sef grin grin

41 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by ShawttySoFyne(f): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2017
I pretended to run away when I was like four.
I wrote a note, left it on the kitchen counter and then hid in the closet. The fatal flaw in my plan was that, being four, I had no idea how to write.
Needless to say my scribbles were not taken seriously and nobody went looking for me.
That was a long couple hours in the closet.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by Harbeyg09(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2017
I had the 30th position out of 34 students in class while in Jss 1

How did you expect me to go home??

I wasn't flogged tho but for few months my mum can't stop talking about it with every of my little mistake and my dad looks is always like "is this my child bayii"

Am grateful to them today cos that olodo boy of yesterday is now a blessing to them cool

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by IgedeBushBoy(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, did that when I was with my mum's friend. The woman falsely accused me of stealing her money, threatening me she was going to send me back to my mother. Madam, because you rich abi, oya, I no do again grin
The next day, after every one had gone westwards, I went eastwards grin
My people, you are rich doesn't mean that whoever is living under your roof can't cope without you. Funny enough, I prefered being with my mum. Living with them was irritating.
The woman cried crocodile tears, for wia, I refused to return cool

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by youngvizzy1(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2017
Evaberry:
Thought of??

it was mosquitoes, discomfort and cold that drove me back home. I started thinking about my comfortable room with a nice bed and had to call my parents to come pick me up
what did you do
Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by DripDrop: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2017
My younger brother and I were tired of the way our mum treated us and because we were always hungry. I mean, sharing small meat or fish, boiled eggs on special occassion, and eating 1-0-1.
So we packed some clothes into a carton and planned running away from home. We changed our minds when we couldn't find food in the kitchen to pack.

36 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories by MrSea(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2017
I once ran out at night and swear never to come back becauce of washing dirty plates which i did not use... That day i waka come jam SARS.. Them start to the chase me from one street to the other.
No be person tell me i run dey come back house.[b]I once ran out at night and swear never to come back becauce of washing dirty plates which i did not use... That day i waka come jam SARS.. Them start to the chase me from one street to the other.
No be person tell me i run dey come back house.[/b]I once ran out at night and swear never to come back becauce of washing dirty plates which i did not use... That day i waka come jam SARS.. Them start to the chase me from one street to the other.
No be person tell me i run dey come back house.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Shares How Man Abandons Family To Marry A New Wife In Nigeria / What Age Is Overdue For A Man To Marry? / He Said NO To A Quiet Wedding!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.