Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Tell Us About Your Favourite Book - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book (20897 Views)

The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? / Get Updates About Your Favourite Missing Writer / Tell Us About The Best Stories You've Ever Read On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by whitecloth: 10:31am On May 08, 2016
lordseb:

C.S Lewis come and see this lie lie oo, what you're actually tryna say is that u finished each book in less than 24 hours, guy your lie carry weight
uhnnnn,he might be telling a lie though but let me tell you my experience, when I was in SS1 I finished the first three franchise of harry potter in one week, and the next day I and my friends will discuss it, one of them read faster than I do, so if I could do that nothing g stops someone from reading 7 books in a week o, I once read a book starting from the closing our of schl reading it and I refuse to go to the evening lesson just because I can't put the book down, I read it through out the night till the next morning.
still some of my friends are still faster than I do, so its possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by sniperwolf(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2016
Mine is Dan Brown's Angel and Demons
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by mayor007(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2016
UjSizzle:

I have 1,3,4,6,7,8 in my library. Hoping to get through them in a short while.

Have you read Khaled's Kite Runner?

I have. That guy is one of the best. I tend to gravitate towards authors of Asian origin. They incorporate their cultural experiences into their prose. Do you know of Haruki Murakumi and Nadia Hashimi?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by mustaphagreens(m): 10:46am On May 08, 2016
Three books from the same author qualifiy as my favourites.

The virtue of Selfishness;
The fountainhead;
and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

The virtue of selfishness describes her philosophy, objectivism. The fountainhead and Atlas shrugged gives the application and end result of objectivism if followed in real life. These books will appeal to a great many men, the thinkers; the intellectuals; the advocates of reason.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Excallibur(m): 10:46am On May 08, 2016
Adaobi12:
yea, lost symbol, Angels and demons , Da vinci code, am reading the inferno now.
then I thinl you will love the cotton malon
e series
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Sunnyade01(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2016
The 50 Laws of Power!
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by patwilly(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2016
All books by the greatest author of all time..Sir Dennis Wheatley.. Unfortunately I've not read all his books yet. The gripping tale of the Gregory Sallust series holds you spell bound like no other. I'll appreciate soft copies of his books from anyone on here. God bless you all.
Cc..buhari fan..Any chance you could resend those books mate? in a more downloadable format? Bless you all.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2016
My Book of Bible stories ... Right from my childhood to this moment ... I still read 'em ...
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by olajide8(m): 11:26am On May 08, 2016
I just remembered, where are all those pacesetter series? They really made those moments count- Evabu my love, love on the rocks, love from conakry, read about 30+ of those books in those days, if not more - late 80's

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Orikinla(m): 11:26am On May 08, 2016
The Holy Bible.
The awesome timeless testimony of the infinite glory of Almighty God JEHOVAH on earth.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:33am On May 08, 2016
sinceraconcept:
My favorites of all times are: Davinci code by Dan Brown A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hussein 3 mistakes of my life by Chatan Bhagat The Broker by John Grisham The Firm by John Grisham The testament by John Grisham Master of the game by Sidney Sheldon Stars shine down by Sidney Sheldon If tomorrow comes by Sidney Sheldon Lost Symbol by Dan Brown Beverly Hills dead by Stuart Woods
Bro, you have these? shocked
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:34am On May 08, 2016
sinceraconcept:
My favorites of all times are:
Davinci code by Dan Brown
A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hussein
3 mistakes of my life by Chatan Bhagat
The Broker by John Grisham
The Firm by John Grisham
The testament by John Grisham
Master of the game by Sidney Sheldon
Stars shine down by Sidney Sheldon
If tomorrow comes by Sidney Sheldon
Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Beverly Hills dead by Stuart Woods

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by mikky234(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2016
Sunnyade01:
The 50 Laws of Power!
Are u sure it isn't 48 Laws of Power??

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by mikky234(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2016
Sunnyade01:
The 50 Laws of Power!
Are u sure it isn't 48 Laws of Power??
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:36am On May 08, 2016
IKON360:

No movie is as good as the book. Maybe except Van Helsing. The director of that movie had them do everything in the book. Same can't be said of Harry Potter sha

I was disappointed when I saw the movie. Most of my favorite characters in the story were missing.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by 2scorehigh(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2016
Juju Rock by Cyprain Ekwensi

The Concubine by Elechi Amadi

King Solomon's Mines by Sir H. Rider Haggard

Round The World In Eighty Days by Jules Verne

Mission to Siena by James Hadley Chase

The Partner by John Grisham

And so many others...

Most of these books have a way of taking through a journey of adventure that only leaves you silently though regretfully wishing that the story will never end.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:39am On May 08, 2016
Bisiebae:

PS TO ALL THE BOYS I HAVE LOVED:
A young teenager's sister was moving to another country for college. The older sister breaks up with long time boyfriend, Once she left, her sister began developing feelings for him.

I finished the pdf of this book in two nights after randomly downloading it from waptrick.com. Awesome one! I think the sister started having the crush on the guy even before she left for college, though. She wrote that in the letters, didn't she?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:44am On May 08, 2016
boomii:
My favourite book (s)......As crow flies, Cain and Abel......infact any book by Jeffrey Archer smiley

Other authors....Dan Brown, Robert Ludlum, Stephen King, Ted Dekker, CS lewis, J K Rowlings

Have you seen Archer's A Twist In The Tale. It's a short story collection. One of the best collections I've seen.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by nwadiuko1(m): 11:46am On May 08, 2016
angels and demons........Dan brown......no time to explain sha
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by DaudaAbu(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2016
Azeebi:
I am surprised that no one has yet mentioned James Hardley Chase... These books kept most who graduated from schools busy while waiting for next stage of life in the 1980s and 1990s.

Surprised too . And pacesetters, that were i start from.
Have read (pacesetters)
Coup -kalu okpi
Undersireable element -

James hadley Chase (Rene brabazon raymond)
Consider yourself dead.
Sucker punch
Want to stay alive?
You're lonely when you are dead
Miss blandish triology (no orchids for miss blandish, flesh of the orchid etc)
The helga roff series (I hold the four ace, an ace up my sleeves etc)
Believe this you will believe anything
The dead stay dumb
Strictly for cash
An ear to the ground
Well now my pretty
A lotus for miss quon
You have youself to blame
The vulture is a patient bird
The guilty are afraid
this way for a shroud
Mission to venice
Mission to hong kong
The way the cookies crumble

Then i moved to sidney sheldon

Master of the game
Mistress of the game
Sands of time
Nothing last forever
Stars shine down
best laid plans

Then JACKIE COLLINS

chances (santangelo series)
Lady boss
Lucky
Vandetta
Dangerous kiss
Poor little bitch girl
Drop dead beatiful
Goddess of vengence
Married lovers
The power trip

And then lots of daniell steele

And Robert ludlum
Bourne identity
Bourne supremacy - the movie na wash. It didnt do the book any justice
Bourne ultimatum

Some frederick forsyth, john grisham, harold robbins and several shades of authors in between

Quote my very first Hadley chase
'' kidnapping has become a national past-time in Italy. But is there another another reaaon why billonaire Carlos Grandi put his beatiful daughter behind electrified fence guarded by killer dogs and two fast shooting guards? Mike frost got the job as second gun and soon realized he is guarding a hell cat. When kidnappers sold him the idea of been an inside man, He doesnt know which one he likes best; that beatifull body or the $2million he going to get''
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by sinceraconcept(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2016
llaykorn:

yeah bro
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:56am On May 08, 2016
sinceraconcept:
yeah bro

Let me visit your library. grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2016
llaykorn:

Have you seen Archer's A Twist In The Tale. It's a short story collection. One of the best collections I've seen.
You should try Dean Koontz [I]Strange Highway,[/i] it'll blow your mind.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 11:59am On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
You should try Dean Koontz [I]Strange Highway,[/i] it'll blow your mind.

Collection? if you have it, let's do a swap.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by moriton(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2016
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. It's about a man who was shipwrecked and ended up fending for himself in an island him being the only survivor. Classic piece.

Another is KING Solomon's MINES

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 12:03pm On May 08, 2016
llaykorn:

Collection? if you have it, let's do a swap.
Sorry, I don't swap my books any more bruv, peeps tend to have the habit of not returning it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2016
moriton:
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. It's about a man who was shipwrecked and ended up fending for himself in an island him being the only survivor. Classic piece.

Another is KING Solomon's MINES
Like seriously, Robinson Crusoe? With his faithful assistant Friday because he was rescued on a Friday? Lol.

It seems like ages I read that book.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by joseph1832(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Surprised too . And pacesetters, that were i start from.
Have read (pacesetters)
Coup -kalu okpi
Undersireable element -

James hadley Chase (Rene brabazon raymond)
Consider yourself dead.
Sucker punch
Want to stay alive?
You're lonely when you are dead
Miss blandish triology (no orchids for miss blandish, flesh of the orchid etc)
The helga roff series (I hold the four ace, an ace up my sleeves etc)
Believe this you will believe anything
The dead stay dumb
Strictly for cash
An ear to the ground
Well now my pretty
A lotus for miss quon
You have youself to blame
The vulture is a patient bird
The guilty are afraid
this way for a shroud
Mission to venice
Mission to hong kong
The way the cookies crumble

Then i moved to sidney sheldon

Master of the game
Mistress of the game
Sands of time
Nothing last forever
Stars shine down
best laid plans

Then JACKIE COLLINS

chances (santangelo series)
Lady boss
Lucky
Vandetta
Dangerous kiss
Poor little bitch girl
Drop dead beatiful
Goddess of vengence
Married lovers
The power trip

And then lots of daniell steele

And Robert ludlum
Bourne identity
Bourne supremacy - the movie na wash. It didnt do the book any justice
Bourne ultimatum

Some frederick forsyth, john grisham, harold robbins and several shades of authors in between

Quote my very first Hadley chase
'' kidnapping has become a national past-time in Italy. But is there another another reaaon why billonaire Carlos Grandi put his beatiful daughter behind electrified fence guarded by killer dogs and two fast shooting guards? Mike frost got the job as second gun and soon realized he is guarding a hell cat. When kidnappers sold him the idea of been an inside man, He doesnt know which one he likes best; that beatifull body or the $2million he going to get''
LOL. Mike Frost, can't remember the title of this particular Hadley Chase book but I sure know the details. I remember Lu Silk, Herman Radnitz personal assassin was in it.

Men I've read almost all the Hadley Chase books, my first was My Laugh Comes Last. Read it when I was in J.S 3, around 1995.
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by kazyhm(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2016
wow!
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by llaykorn: 12:16pm On May 08, 2016
joseph1832:
Sorry, I don't swap my books any more bruv, peeps tend to have the habit of not returning it.

Two of mine to one of yours?
Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by leahcimzil: 12:30pm On May 08, 2016
if yu havent read Steve Erickson's Malazan Books of the fallen, trust me you havent read anything....i'll keep saying, i do not think i'll read any book better than that in my life.

meanwhile, TF y'all saying harry potter for? That's an insult to actual good books out there. Do Not Quote Me

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Favourite Book by Samakus(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2016
Check out this novel.

A story well scripted and ingeniously told.

Pm for more info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Worst Grammatical Error You Have Ever Heard / Deleted Post / The Gods Are Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.