Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? (7208 Views)

U.B.A What's All This Na! / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder / Mechanical Engineering-where Can One Work After Studying It?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by sabro(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
Dvirgin, please do not mind all those giving you wrong and mockery advise. What you read in first degree does not really determines where you work. What matters is your experience and the stuff you are made of. Dele Momodu (I know most of us know him) read Yoruba and Alibaba (the comedian) read Christian Religious Knowledge at the University.

Not  to waste readers time, let me go straight to the point. As a bible student you should know ", that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour  to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all".

Today we have many graduates of up to 8 years out of school struggling to eat. We have ordinary diploma holders of not up to 2 years out of school living in opulence. My advise is that you should put your trust in God, and not what you read. Finally, I advise you to try a post graduate programme in Journalism if you can write. If not, try other things. Stop looking at what your degree can get for you in life. Begin to look unto God.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by babalolas(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2009
I dont seems to understand the ways some of us think sometimes. why should someone like sabro be comparing Dele Momodu and Alibaba (the comedian) with Dvirgin ?because they all read Christian Religious Knowledge at the University?.

sabro should have compare nigeria 10years ago and the present day Nigeria

Since Sabro is a bible student he should advise Dvirgin to go for post graduate programme in christain religion knowledge, nonsense
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Anabel(f): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
the best thing you can do is to teach the same religion to other students who re willing to learn in an institution. you being a pastor or running your own church is if you are being called by God.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by sabro(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
Babalola s, for your information nairaland is a forum (social network) where issues are placed on interactive burner for discuss. And in this forum you have a plethora of status - in terms of age, experience, education, living standard and so on and so forth. In most cases, most of the contributors are faceless. Your contrary opinion is accepted. It is your opinion. But I will advise you that in public discuss like this you should stop using the word nonsense. The reason is that you do not even know who you are calling NONSENSE. Mind you we can have mentors or friends through this forum. Moderator please take note of choice of words contributors make on this forum. From the tone of your argument I have the impression that you are just out of school, therefore no experience yet.

1 Like

Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Virgo83(m): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2009
With B.a(religions), One can work with the Ministry. . all you need to know is the accurate information concerning the Ministry dealing with Religion Matters,

and try to have some Baba Islae "godfathers" that'll endose you
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Redfox(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2009
@sabro
'discourse' not 'discuss'

there is plenty of hope for dvirgin but let's start by accepting the fact that he played a gamble with his future.the debate was never about the relevance of religion to national development but the personal love for it which will inform an individual to opt for it as a course of study, you have spoken wisely but you didn't tell us whether those people made a clear choice to study religion without the influence of JAMB.Journalism as you mentioned is no doubt a good profession but does dvirgin love writing and the art of literature?.If he goes into the labour market with that psychological drawback he might increase the probability of not getting a job.

@dvirgin
We love you and will not allow you to become a sorry ass.you do not need to be shown pity.journalism or something else on graduation is not a bad idea,but you have to seat back and enjoy religion or drop out and take a different turn,the ball is in your court.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by Nezan(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Funny comments on this thread. You can work anywhere, moreover, this is Naija,
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by dvirgin(m): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2009
N/landers!
I truly appreciate ur comments so far, I tried making enquiries from other sources and i find out that with B.A(Religions) one can work as a:
¤LECTURER(with higher degrees)
¤JOURNALIST(print or electronic media)
¤SOCIAL WORKER
¤P.R.O(in any institution dealing in humanities)
¤DECTECTIVES(security outfits)
¤BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR
¤BANKER(with little training)
¤SALES REP(in any marketing firm)
¤GOVERNMENT APPOINTEE
other places where one can work are telecommunication companies, hospitals, secondary schools e.t.c,
Pls what do u think could these sources be right? Ur opinion is very important.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by ibelab(m): 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
are u joking is it theology or religion? are they thesame?i,m confuse here?
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by dvirgin(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2009
ibelab:

are u joking  is it theology or religion? are they thesame?i,m confuse here?
@ibelab, though theology and religion are closely related they are not the the same.
While religion deals on world religions and philosophies, theology deals on a particular religion and its belief. I'm studying religions-philosophy and theology.
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by ForConsult: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2009
You can work for yourself,
as in self-employment,

Consulting, for starters,

Be Creative,
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by pcicero(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2009
Much has been said about this topic already that the guy that posted the thread would have learnt one or two things.
One, Nairaland as a social network allows all manners of posts and discussions but people should not for the sake of commenting on all issues post irrelevant and unrelated comments.
Two, as Nigerians, most of us who read Religious Studies did not do so as a result of being less intelligent. 95% in my class then wanted to read Law. With merit being just 20% and the rest based on other criteria. I can only leave you to imagine. Our parents were neither rich enough to buy admissions into the highly competitive Govt schools nor being able to afford the new private universities just emerging then. i was honest enough no to have cheated my way in JAMB. (lol, )
For those who wanted to know how i joined one of the big Four Firms,the likes of PWC, KPMG and Deloitte organise recuitment tests for graduates. i apllied through the Newspaper advert, called for tests and interviews and was offered an opportunity. I left for a Telecomm Coy where i joined as a Customer Care Rep like other graduates and rose through hardwork and purpose to become an expert in Telecoms Risk Management.
Only you can change your destiny
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by dvirgin(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Special thanks to all Nairalanders who gave their various opinions when I needed it few years Back, your opinions inspired me greatly in my academic pursuit, I came to develop passion for the course, put in all my effort to achieve the best..
Today! To God be the glory am a full fledged graduate with a Second class upper Division..(Just as advised by most Nairalanders).
While I dedicate my Degree to God Almighty, My dearest Mother.. I also feel it is pertinent to dedicate it you all for your concerns and advice. I know God will find a way to repay you all.. Thanks once again!
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by oolumide: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
Employers dont normally discriminate on degrees for fresh graduate, the discrimination is usually bet hnd and bsc. U have a B.A religious studies, what matter is the BA
Re: B.a(religions), Where Can One Work With It? by TreasuredLeidy(f): 11:17am On Sep 08, 2017
dvirgin:
Special thanks to all Nairalanders who gave their various opinions when I needed it few years Back, your opinions inspired me greatly in my academic pursuit, I came to develop passion for the course, put in all my effort to achieve the best..
Today! To God be the glory am a full fledged graduate with a Second class upper Division..(Just as advised by most Nairalanders).
While I dedicate my Degree to God Almighty, My dearest Mother.. I also feel it is pertinent to dedicate it you all for your concerns and advice. I know God will find a way to repay you all.. Thanks once again!
Please what job are you doing now with your degree?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Maintain Discipline At Work Place / Contract Staffs In Bank; Is It A Viable Job For A Graduate? / Nigerian Air Force Ranks: Ranks In The Nigerian Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.