Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149801 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by P3(m): 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
Expect me at your farm 2morow Insha Allah
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
barnabas47:
pls i need ur phone no cos i want to make some enquiries.thanks

BBM PIN 7B7C49BD
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by P3(m): 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
I will start land preparation for my sack farm tomorrow. I hope to start off with 500 sacks. @vanpeele and @ishaqteejay have both agreed to put me through. Meeting young men like you has renewed my hope for Nigeria. Thanks a lot guys!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Kalusam(m): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
biggal:
I want to enter into water leaf farming with irrigation cos it gives money in pH lyk tomorrow no dey especially during dry season with d irrigation knowledge am gud to go. I saw an abandoned storey building will move next week to d owner to plead for d up. When I tell ppl they laf me to stupor dat madness dey worry me. My challenge is soil but God dey
I want to by this post encourage you on this laudable project, don't mind if people laugh at you o. Look for sacks and start now! All you need do now is propagate as many stems as you can and instead of harvesting them to sell you keep replanting until you have replanted over 2000 sacks then introduce irrigation from next month ending. Don't allow the soil to discourage you, look for soils under plantains trees, look for composted manure(those ones with saw dust) or anyother growing media. I will gladly mentor you for FREE just to make sure you succeed on this and to shock anyone who thinks you can't make money from it. #Contactme

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by enomakos(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2016
organicfoods:
Organic is the life wire of good healthy living. Neem Oil and other neem extracts are some of the most cost effective methods for pests management.

Because of the rich presence of azadirachtin in neem which easily oxidize, it serves as a powerful anti feedant and growth inhibitor that is biodegradable. It affects over 200 farm pests with no known toxicity to mammals.

It has a characteristic bitter taste that discourages pests and mammals from feeding on treated foliar. Doesn't affect earth worms and bees. Very good insecticides and fungicide.

Washing seeds in neem water and/ oil protect it from pest attack. At NIHORT grains are protected from pests using neem leave dust.
good morning sir
did you means the cucumber seeds need to be wash in neem oil before planting?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by barnabas47: 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
vanpeele:

BBM PIN 7B7C49BD
thank u sir
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dode1: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
pls i want to use a 5plot of land to plant cucumber how many Market more cans do i nid.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dode1: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
how many seeds did u plant in a bag?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by lanre2009: 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Wont it be wise you start with a plot, then you scale up after the first harvest...

dode1:
pls i want to use a 5plot of land to plant cucumber how many Market more cans do i nid.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dode1: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
yes i av tried using half a plot jst made my 1st havest

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by organicfoods(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
enomakos:
good morning sir
did you means the cucumber seeds need to be wash in neem oil before planting?
If the seeds are coated F1, no need for soaking it in neem, they are already protected.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by enomakos(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2016
organicfoods:
If the seeds are coated F1, no need for soaking it in neem, they are already protected.
like murano f1 sir?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by AGTT: 7:11am On Sep 25, 2016
vanpeele:

BBM PIN 7B7C49BD
I sent u an invite
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by biggal: 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
@kalusam am sooooo happy now thanks a lot. Will contact you
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Kalusam(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
biggal:
@kalusam am sooooo happy now thanks a lot. Will contact you
Replied!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Arvinkris(m): 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
@vanpeele, what is your fertilizer application schedule from previous 300 Sacks n present 2000 sacks? Weekly? quantity? Thanks.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
Arvinkris:
@vanpeele, what is your fertilizer application schedule from previous 300 Sacks n present 2000 sacks? Weekly? quantity? Thanks.

300 weekly
2000 Almost everyday when they were flowering and fruiting
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Arvinkris(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
U had 4 plants for ur first project,how many per Sack in the second project of 2k sacks? How can one get access to the thick polvbag u used? Thanks in anticipation
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Arvinkris:
U had 4 plants for ur first project,how many per Sack in the second project of 2k sacks? How can one get access to the thick polvbag u used? Thanks in anticipation

Same as the first.

Plastic company.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by phillings247: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
vanpeele:

Same as the first.

Plastic company.
pls.how much do they sell d thick poly bag and is it better than d cement sack
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
phillings247:
pls.how much do they sell d thick poly bag and is it better than d cement sack

My advice is to use what's at your disposal. If you don't try, you'll keep asking questions to worlds end.

25 Naira for 1...months ago

All sacks have their pros and cons
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by jephito(m): 2:25am On Sep 27, 2016
vanpeele:

From my side, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks. Don't know if my new method will be any good but we'll see.
How about this ur new method of making trellis for cucumber? Did you find it easier and can u upload a picture of it?

Modified: I've seen it. Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by jephito(m): 2:57am On Sep 27, 2016
vanpeele:
Enjoy people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29YPdJzDtPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3gdmIEOv_I
How many cans of Tokyo F1 did you plant in the 2k polythenes?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
jephito:

How many cans of Tokyo F1 did you plant in the 2k polythenes?
4 cans of Murano

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2016
Please more light on sack farming. I dont fully get it. How will the plant root survive? And other things. I'll like to get your email. Thanks!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by jephito(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello Vanpeele

I will appreciate your clarification and opinion on the following.

First, having used both the vertical and horizontal trellis, which will you say is better in terms of helping the cucumber growth. How easy did the vines find their way or you helped the vines to use the horizontal trellis? It's obvious the horizontal trellis is easier and cheaper.

Second, for now, I like Tokyo F1 for everything but wouldn't mind going for a better variety IF there is any. First harvest of Tokyo usually comes at 6weks, but from your video your first harvest Murano was at 7 weeks. Is it a deliberate action or Tokyo matures faster than Murano? How about the yield, which is more productive?
Third, what type of sack gives you the 23 bags in first harvest?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
jephito:
Hello Vanpeele

I will appreciate your clarification and opinion on the following.

First, having used both the vertical and horizontal trellis, which will you say is better in terms of helping the cucumber growth. How easy did the vines find their way or you helped the vines to use the horizontal trellis? It's obvious the horizontal trellis is easier and cheaper.

Second, for now, I like Tokyo F1 for everything but wouldn't mind going for a better variety IF there is any. First harvest of Tokyo usually comes at 6weks, but from your video your first harvest Murano was at 7 weeks. Is it a deliberate action or Tokyo matures faster than Murano? How about the yield, which is more productive?
Third, what type of sack gives you the 23 bags in first harvest?

1. Horizontal. A net is best.
2. They found it easy. Some I helped.
3. Well, I harvest when I think it's due. Don't really care if it's 6 or 9 weeks.
4. They're both productive. Murano is bigger.
5. Chicken feed
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by whitecloth: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
vanpeele:
A new pest I've been battling on the farm. The leaffooted bug. Looks cute but very very dangerous to plants. You can Google and read about it.
Pls what did you use to combat this, I started noticing them on my farm yesterday and today.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
whitecloth:

Pls what did you use to combat this, I started noticing them on my farm yesterday and today.

Fighter 35EC. You can also use Laraforce. Do it ASAP.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by whitecloth: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
vanpeele:

Fighter 35EC. You can also use Laraforce. Do it ASAP.
Thanks for the immediate response sir, I have `Best' can I use it ?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by whitecloth: 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
vanpeele:
Enjoy people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29YPdJzDtPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3gdmIEOv_I
I've watched the videos, how many plot is this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.