Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student (62234 Views)

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer / Signing Out Pictures Of A Unilorin Nairalander!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by ZionJay(m): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2016
tottinova:

Shut up jare
I'm sure he's a pro unilorin.
Blinded from the truth

I passed my jamb and my putme and they still didn't
Give me admission cus i'm an easterner.

Stupid school

Mr Ipob,if you weren't given admission it means u weren't good enough ogbeni. So keep your bitterness to yourself biko
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Acecube(m): 6:58am On Jan 30, 2016
Xbabangida:

Unfortunately for you, I graduated from a far better university. Ahmadu Bello University , Zaria.
correct that expression, I won't pick ABU over UNILORIN any day any time... so u should be the subject of your "fortunately" or "unfortunately" not me... if your school was far better u won't feel the need to drag some else's down... keep basking in the euphoria of past glory.... Better ko butter mint ni

1 Like

Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Acecube(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Acousticlexi:
Its in one of those LRs. I m guessing that ll be BVO's class. Only Bvo can do that on that department. The man likes capital punishment. That's the department I graduated from.
that's physiology lab
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by danemenike: 7:04am On Jan 30, 2016
tottinova:

Shut up jare I'm sure he's a pro unilorin. Blinded from the truth
I passed my jamb and my putme and they still didn't Give me admission cus i'm an easterner.
Stupid school
Why didn't you go to the "east" 2 seek for admission?

1 Like

Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Naff24(f): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2016
tottinova:

Shut up jare
Blinded from the truth

Stupid school

Mumu....many school preferred dem to be chosen as candidate's 1st Choice and not an alternative, if u choose dem as 2nd choice nd u r from ilorin.... My dear, ur case na try nd error method.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Helloflife: 7:27am On Jan 30, 2016
MadCow1:
I guess UNILORIN just tied with UNIBEN for the position of Nigeria's most Useless University award.

It's one thing for a Lecturer to give a foolish instruction, it's another thing for a grown Man to obey a foolish instruction.

And tomorrow you will find these students in the workplace and you would be wondering why a professional has no self confidence in themselves and are so timid.

Stop living in the past.
We know UNIBEN didn't admit you because of your low aggregate.
Try harder this jamb okay?.

1 Like

Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by crowther15(m): 7:43am On Jan 30, 2016
telim:
guy you are too funny, what i said is nothing but the truth, it all happened during the second semester project defence, the dude was ask to dismantle his project and identy the transformer, he was busy looking at his project and couldn't identify it. I graduated from unilorin in 2010 but the current standard is nothing to talk about, shame on the incompetent lecturers, I have never in my entire life apply for any kind of job but i have always being an employer of labour. The truth about unilorin must not be hidden from the public.
So u r an Alumni? Buh why must u used a particular student as an inductive to generalised on all......
Every institution has its own flaw take it or leave it.
So I'm out this man....... we remain better by far

1 Like

Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2016
Every Institution has its own rules and students must learn to obey rules. Even in more advanced countries universities like Harvard, Kings College, etc that I have been to and also in African university like Witts, South Africa, you wouldn't be allowed into some places if you are shabbily dressed.
A candidate who sets out from his house to present at a seminar or project defense should understand that he needs to be properly dressed. The guy you see paraded on the table was not properly dressed as adjudged by all the people there, even the students as well.
Unilorin is a university for all; students from all parts of Nigeria and other countries are there and the admission process is very transparent. The guy who said he was not admitted should know that it is not jus enough to pass utme and post utme. You need to pass well to be admitted on merit if you are not in within the catchment area, biological child consideration or educationally disadvantaged states as spelt out by NUC and Federal Character Commission.
My dear children, please good manners begets good attributes. Dress well, speak well, act well and you'll be acknowledged appropriately.
May the peace of the good Lord be with you.

Visit www.unilorin.edu.ng The better by far university in Nigeria
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Alhaji1970: 8:10am On Jan 30, 2016
Every Institution has its own rules and students must learn to obey rules. Even in more advanced countries universities like Harvard, Kings College, etc that I have been to and also in African university like Witts, South Africa, you wouldn't be allowed into some places if you are shabbily dressed.
A candidate who sets out from his house to present at a seminar or project defense should understand that he needs to be properly dressed. The guy you see paraded on the table was not properly dressed as adjudged by all the people there, even the students as well.
Unilorin is a university for all; students from all parts of Nigeria and other countries are there and the admission process is very transparent. The guy who said he was not admitted should know that it is not jus enough to pass utme and post utme. You need to pass well to be admitted on merit if you are not in within the catchment area, biological child consideration or educationally disadvantaged states as spelt out by NUC and Federal Character Commission.
My dear children, please good manners begets good attributes. Dress well, speak well, act well and you'll be acknowledged appropriately.

Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by missyQween(f): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2016
AfroKnight:
cheesy
And this is somebody's boyfriend. cheesy
Is that the first thing that come to ur mind? undecided
AfroKnight:
cheesy
And this is somebody's boyfriend. cheesy
Is that the first thing that come to ur mind?
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Evvilgenius: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2016
Acousticlexi:
Its in one of those LRs. I m guessing that ll be BVO's class. Only Bvo can do that on that department. The man likes capital punishment. That's the department I graduated from.

Lexy, that's none of LRs. Check out the ceiling and that's not how the stage where the projector is placed in LR is...
So xbabangida should kindly let is know where that is.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by leksbore(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2016
Alhaji1970:

Sir am sure you are either a teaching or non teaching staff,,, but sir let's say the truth and let the devil be ashamed ,,UNILORIN is very corrupt in terms of everything.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Evvilgenius:

Lexy, that's none of LRs. Check out the ceiling and that's not how the stage where the projector is placed in LR is...
That's the physiology lab.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by AfroKnight: 10:36am On Jan 30, 2016
missyQween:

undecided

Lady, calm down.

Just wondering how my babe would feel if i were punished so. Falling of hand.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by missyQween(f): 10:44am On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=AfroKnight post=42458451]

Lady, calm down.

Just wondering how my babe would feel if i were punished so. Falling of hand.[/quote

she will be like baby why na....Why re u suffering like this
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by AfroKnight: 10:58am On Jan 30, 2016
missyQween:

she will be like baby why na....Why re u suffering like this

No, she's way too classy to express herself that way. wink
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by missyQween(f): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2016
undecided undecided
AfroKnight:

No, she's way too classy to express herself that way. wink
undecided[quote author=AfroKnight post=42459027]

Tell me more
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by kendrick9(m): 11:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Bakrabas:

dats one tin abt unilorin,jst mak sure dat u danc 2 d tune of d lecturers or else you "face Tanke" or eye n korin,unilorites knw d mini.m a graduat of 2015 n curently servin in taraba.
dere was a prof lyk dat who almst deny me of writin final year exam because i didnt print d payment receipt n i shown him ma course form bt nt acpt.i was provokd cos u cnt v a cours form witot paymnt.
anoda one apend in d 2nd semester wen a lecturer told us dat witot original laminated courz form no exam.
to be seriously cirioz,4 sm1 2 graduat in unilorin is a bless and grace.

durin d exams it z only in unilorin u wil c Ambulanc expecialy c.b.t exam.no strike n d 4yrs prog z jst 3yrs + months.my nysc call up leter was riliz durin our convocation,nov 22,i colectd my cert on 25,on 26 i left 4 camp taraba n i entad camp 27 d day it ws
a graduate with this your english?
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by Acousticlexi: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
Evvilgenius:

Ehen.. They rarely use projector in physiology lab. Once in a while
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by FreeWorld23: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
shocked
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by piagetskinner(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
The student too is very stup1d for making noise and not dressing properly... A responsible student will not dress shabbily for a seminar presentation... A final year student at that#he deserved what he got
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by bamac(m): 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
drobadebayo:

Well,some of us prefer spending 6/7yrs in that secondary skl (med skl) than spending more than a decade in places like osu and oau.
don't talk so that you will be applauded. What they have inculcated into you about OOU is not what it is, please update your knowledge. Thank you sir.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by drobadebayo: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
bamac:
don't talk so that you will be applauded. What they have inculcated into you about OOU is not what it is, please update your knowledge. Thank you sir.
Well,i did my housejob in oouth,and its still pretty much the same.The last set spent about 9years in "med skl".
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by temibobo8(f): 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
tottinova:

Shut up jare
Blinded from the truth

Stupid school
chillax...i passed both nd wasnt given nd m from d west...so dey only av skuchies generally..half of my easterner friends got admitted..nd i ddnt
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by mart2k(m): 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Xbabangida:
I was actually a witness to this so theres no room for them say them talk. I graduated from a different university in the northern part of the country in 2009 and today, I decided to pay an old friend a visit here in the college of health science (UNILORIN). By the way, today, the final year undergraduate students from the department of physiology had a brief seminar presentation on a particular course and during the course of the presentation, some students were caught making noise by the lecturer and he asked them all to stand up and remain standing as punishment. cheesy as if that wasn't enough, it was this dudes' turn to present but he wasn't well dressed.

Funny boy i must say grin but guess what, the lecturer had to punish him by telling him to stand on the table and face the whole class (like they do in secondary schools) grin. Yesterday, it was the story of lecturer seizing a student's footware ( I'm actually aware of this development). I think these barbaric act should stop but what do you expect when 15-20 year olds are being admitted into the university? They say, UNILORIN IS A GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL and these days, its really proving to be true. grin
ar u nt a goat by calling unilorin a glorified second sch simply because a lecturer punished one of his students? Dnt u knw that punishment comes In different way? Wil u also refer to ur sch as a glorified second sch if d same punishment take place there?
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by bamac(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
drobadebayo:

Well,i did my housejob in oouth,and its still pretty much the same.The last set spent about 9years in "med skl".
right from 2009 all has been going on well in OOU please don't tell me what i know. Those you know that spent 9years might have issues. You can ask those that gained admission in 2009/2010.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by topzybabs: 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
telim:
These is a university were lecturers encourage the students to cram their books. A school that just issue out certificate to saturate the labour market. A school were a 500 level student can not identify a transformer inside an inverter, a project he claimed he designed himself and was scored A in first semester and B in second semester.

That must be terrible, but your blunders look more terrible than what you just narrated. I want to believe the scenario you just painted is all about you.
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by tottinova: 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
ZionJay:

Mr Ipob,if you weren't given admission it means u weren't good enough ogbeni. So keep your bitterness to yourself biko

Maybe i'm not good enough undecided
Buh, i'm helll sure my score was.

I beat the cutoff mark wella
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by okikiosibodu(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
I dont c anythn topic of discuss here....if all d studnts behaved as they were meant to, d lecturer wldnt hav purnishd dem. and since they defaulted, he chose to purnish them d way he deemed fit. atleast no coporal punishment (wateva dat means) was involved. shikena
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by stingy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
Funny, Just like Nigeria...
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by stingy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
And it wasn't BVO, its was LSO
Re: How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student by debque(m): 10:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
okikiosibodu:
I dont c anythn topic of discuss here....if all d studnts behaved as they were meant to, d lecturer wldnt hav purnishd dem. and since they defaulted, he chose to purnish them d way he deemed fit. atleast no coporal punishment (wateva dat means) was involved. shikena
I see you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN Graduate Puts Up Bsc, NYSC Certificates For Sale Over Lack Of Job / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.