Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,558 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls (1159 Views)

The Perfect Solution To Nigeria Problem. / Igbo World Union Rejects Biafra, Calls Support For Buhari, One Nigeria / PDP Aligns With Biafra, Calls For Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 10:24am On Jan 30, 2016
AAinEqGuinea:

Racists and radicals have been mocking and threatening Obama since the day he announced he was running for president and they're still running their mouths with paramilitary and secessionists rhetoric.. and guess how Obama responded?? He accomplished much and left the front door open for another Democrat to follow in his place while laughing in their faces. America is now ready for another Democrat.. in other words, in 2008, America was so fed up with Republicans that they voted in a Black guy with a muslim sounding name and America is still inclined to voting in another Democrat thanks to what Obama has accomplished, while being insistently mocked.

[size=18pt]Learn to accept the fact that you will have determined dissenters[/size].

2 Likes

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BaddieKay(f): 10:29am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BaddieKay(f): 10:29am On Jan 30, 2016
we'll wait till 2019 to see which party we'll Beg for.
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Uhm....Weres the perfect solution??

1 Like

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by Yorubasgreat(f): 10:46am On Jan 30, 2016
You have won the most foolish op on Nairaland.. .congratulations!
For ur outstanding stup***ty.

1 Like

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by wtfCode: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2016
op, what are u really saying?? angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 10:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
You have won the most foolish op on Nairaland.. .congratulations!
For ur outstanding stup***ty.

Thank you!!!
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by plaetton: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2016
The point he is trying to make is that if protestors and agitators like Kanu are allowed to exercise their Constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech and of association, sooner than later, fatigue would set in, both for him , his followers and his listeners.
Eventually, his adventure would have fizzled out sooner than later.

I tell you, I and many many people never paid attention, talkless of giving a hoot about whatever Nnamdi Kanu was talking about, until the federal government came calling to deprive him of his Democratic rights.

The government has foolishly boxed themselves into exactly where Kanu wants them. Now every human rights group all over the world has Kanu and the Nigerian government on their radar and watchlist.

This is what you get when emotions and sentiments overule common sense and wisdom.
More ironic is that Buhari once criticized his predecessor for not addressing the greviences of the murderous terrorists group Boko Haram.

Kanu is now 100X bigger than he was just 3 months ago.

The underpinnings of his secessionist crusade , which is ever growing dissatisfactions with Nigeria's unfair and nonworkable federal structure, is one that is not confined to the southeast alone.

While under the jackboots of General Abacha not too long ago, the southwestern elites, led by pa Abraham Adesanya, Sole Soyinka, Bola Tinubu, etc etc, were all crying/wailing for a sovereign national conference to discuss and restructure the Nigerian federation.

It's soooo funny how everyone seem to have developed Amnesia so fast. shocked

Somehow, Nigeria has been magically transformed so quickly, that it's only the rabble-rousing southeasterners that are wailing for the change of status quo.
undecided
That's Nigeria for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 11:13am On Jan 30, 2016
For those that can't seem to read between the lines...

Here is what I'm trying to point out.

1) as long as you are in governance, you will always have people who don't necessarily agree with your views.
Having said that you have two options
a) attack those who don't agree with your policies and views or
b) ignore them while looking for solutions for the greater good of the general society (inclusive of the ones that don't agree with you).

2) from the initial post and to those who really understand Obama's policy thrust in the US, you will see that even in the face of Armed militia groups, the US is forging ahead.

Do you for one second think the FBI are not monitoring and tracking these militia?

Do you hear the Obama led government making divisive speeches about being more rewarding to those who voted his party than those who didn't?

Obama's policies are going on strong after a terrible recession and he has set up a bar that the Republicans can't seem to meet up with, especially since the last Republican Administration was largely responsible for the recession (debatable)

So in summary this present Administration should put more energy into the critical sectors record for nation building and less on the ones that are obvious smoke screens.

I believe that the amount of energy spent on this Biafra brouhaha is exactly the fuel needed to push it out more.

So Nnamdi Kanu asked for weapons... where are the weapons?
So Nnamdi Kanu has been arrested... has that stopped the noise?

As a leader one has to think beyond the surface to govern, more so a nation as complex as Nigeria.

I would have thought that after 45 years of our civil war, we would have moved on from pettiness and bickering to identifying the core issues hampering our growth as a nation...

Corruption
Equality
Fairness
Rule of law
Dignity of labour

Solve these and see this nation move.

Note I didn't mention power because I believe that power falls under corruption...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2016
[size=15pt]And the award goes to....[/size]

plaetton:
The point he is trying to make is that if protestors and agitators like Kanu are allowed to exercise their Constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech and of association, sooner than later, fatigue would set it in, both for him , his followers and his listeners.

I tell you, I and many many people never paid attention, talkless of giving a hoot about whatever Nnamdi Kanu was talking about, until the federal government came calling to deprive him of his Democratic rights.

The government has foolishly boxed themselves into exactly where Kanu wants them. Now every human rights group all over the world has Kanu and the Nigerian government on their radar and watchlist.

Kanu is now 100X bigger than he was just 3 months ago.

The underpinnings of his secessionist crusade , the dissatisfactions with Nigeria's unfair and nonworkable federal structure, is one that is not confined to the southeast alone.

While under the jackboots of General Abacha not too long ago, the southwestern elites, led by pa Abraham Adesanya, Sole Soyinka, Bola Tinubu, etc etc, were all crying/wailing for a sovereign national conference to discuss and restructure the Nigerian federation.

It's soooo funny how everyone seem to have developed Amnesia so fast. shocked

Somehow, Nigeria has been magically transformed so quickly, that it's only the rabble-rousing southeasterners that are wailing for the change of status quo.
undecided
That's Nigeria for you.

3 Likes

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by plaetton: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2016
BushidoBlue:

1) as long as you are in governance, you will always have people who don't necessarily agree with your views.
b) ignore them while looking for solutions for the greater good of the general society (inclusive of the ones that don't agree with you).

2) from the initial post and to those who really understand Obama's policy thrust in the US, you will see that even in the face of Armed militia groups, the US is forging ahead.

Do you for one second think the FBI are not monitoring and tracking these militia?

Do you hear the Obama led government making divisive speeches about being more rewarding to those who voted his party than those who didn't?

Obama's policies are going on strong after a terrible recession and he has set up a bar that the Republicans can't seem to meet up with, especially since the last Republican Administration was largely responsible for the recession (debatable)

So in summary this present Administration should put more energy into the critical sectors record for nation building and less on the ones that are obvious smoke screens.

I believe that the amount of energy spent on this Biafra brouhaha is exactly the fuel needed to push it out more.

As a leader one has to think beyond the surface to govern, more so a nation as complex as Nigeria.

I would have thought that after 45 years of our civil war, we would have moved on from pettiness and bickering to identifying the core issues hampering our growth as a nation...

Corruption
Equality
Fairness
Rule of law
Dignity of labour

Note I didn't mention power because I believe that power falls under corruption...

My bros,
I have gone from an optimist to a deep pessimist.

Critical thinking is something that Nigeria's educational system is failing to inculcate into the young minds.

Critical issues are ignored for peripheral issues.

For example, I expected that Nigerians would have come out en mass to question why ministry of information ( aka propaganda) should have a budget of N59b while Agriculture gets N29b in this economically critical period.
Is propaganda a new substitute for food ?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 11:39am On Jan 30, 2016
plaetton:

My bros,
I have gone from an optimist to a deep pessimist.

Critical thinking is something that Nigeria's educational system is failing to inculcate into the young minds.

Critical issues are ignored for peripheral issues.

For example, I expected that Nigerians would have come out en mass to question why ministry of information ( aka propaganda) should have a budget of N59b while Agriculture gets N29b in this economically critical period.
Is propaganda a new substitute for food ?

The interesting thing is that the ministry of labour gets a mere N7b so are we also saying that the propaganda is more important than employment?

It seems this Government needs to get its priorities right.

2 Likes

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by Caseless: 11:57am On Jan 30, 2016
we are handling the situation the best way we can. At least, we have maazi dilektor in prison and the military is ever ready to deal with interlopers, miscreants and touts etc, who might want to occupy our roads illegally.
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
Caseless:
we are handling the situation the best way we can. At least, we have maazi dilektor in prison and the military is ever ready to deal with interlopers, miscreants and touts etc, who might want to occupy our roads illegally.

You are not a hammer and every problem is not a nail.

These so called interlopers, miscreants and touts must be subdued yes.
However history and reason teaches us that the use of force is not always expedient.

2 Likes

Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by Caseless: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Corruption
Equality
Fairness
Rule of law
Dignity of labour

all you guys compare us with is the US. You fail with ur points.
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
Caseless:
all you guys compare us with is the US. You fail with ur points.
Being that we use their method of governance... should we then compare ourselves to North Korea that crushes dissent and opposition?
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by Caseless: 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You are not a hammer and every problem is not a nail.

These so called interlopers, miscreants and touts must be subdued yes.
However history and reason teaches us that the use of force is not always expedient.
we won't do this without creating room for negotiations and dialogue.
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by BushidoBlue(m): 12:35am On Feb 01, 2016
Caseless:
we won't do this without creating room for negotiations and dialogue.

The clock is ticking away.

Your move?
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by FastShipping: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2016
BushidoBlue:

My thought exactly. God bless you.
Re: The Perfect Solution To These "Biafra" Calls by OAFMods: 1:26am On Feb 01, 2016
plaetton:

I am unconcerned about Kanu n the agitation of Biafra but what would it have cost Jonathan to carry the people you mentioned along in the conference ? I mean how difficult could it have been n please do not argue that this people were unreasonable, we are talking about the people that stood to be counted when his party nearly denied him the presidency, the other is said to have swindled a fellow party man just so he could have a smooth sail in his first reelection ?

What could really have degenerated to the extent he could not approach those two that fought for him when there was nothing to gain but upholding the tenant of democracy which they might gain from later on ? Do you not find it ironic that you'd rather blame those two instead of Jonathan who is suppose to show is benevolence as a president who they assisted in climbing the mantle of leadership ?

Is it that he does not understand he would need them in situation such as the national conference and his reelection that he deliberately chose to disparage their worth thinking they would fall in line for him simply because he is now the president n a southerner ? Do you even have any idea what Jonathan cost the entire country, to a larger extent southern Nigeria with such unreasonable decision ? That is if he ever wanted the success of the conference at all.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide / Mr President, Should We Wait To Be Killed Or Fight? By Dele Sobowale - Vanguard / Another NLC Faction Demands N90,000 As Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.