Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? (6919 Views)

Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad / Women Were Created To Do What Men Cannot Do – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by maclatunji: 12:04am On Feb 19, 2018
There is a certain unwritten rule here on Nairaland family section and it goes thus: "men can never be good or innocent".

Yes, I agree that a lot of men are irresponsible but what is also true is that so are a lot of women.

The question now is: why are men more likely to be disbelieved when they present issues here while women are more to be believed as being genuine victims?

Isn't this a form of reverse discrimination?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Khonifer: 8:52am On Feb 19, 2018
First off, I don't think 'reverse discrimination' is a thing. Secondly, if you're talking about getting sympathy when presenting issues women are worse off.

Never would you see the phrase 'let's hear the woman's side of the story' on a thread where the male is the victim. Women don't hyperventilate on almost all threads, even the female bashing ones, throwing jabs and insulting men.

Granted we aren't saints, but men are not. Most likely to be disbelieved. It's the other way round.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by maclatunji: 9:27am On Feb 19, 2018
Khonifer:
First off, I don't think 'reverse discrimination' is a thing. Secondly, if you're talking about getting sympathy when presenting issues women are worse off.

Never would you see the phrase 'let's hear the woman's side of the story' on a thread where the male is the victim. Women don't hyperventilate on almost all threads, even the female bashing ones, throwing jabs and insulting men.

Granted we aren't saints, but men are not. Most likely to be disbelieved. It's the other way round.

You are lady I see. I don't agree with your submission, my perception is women seek to find holes in stories and deride the men that post stories.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by jiddama(f): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
Women are emotional beings, when we fall in love or go into a relationship ....we put our heart,mind and soul into it..(ofcourse there are a few exceptions)......so when we get hurt and tell our story there's the natural predisposition to identify and support our side of The story....

There's always 3 sides to a story: His side, Her side and the TRUTH....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
my brother, go through all d recent threads and see d insults ladies receive and how guys criticize their every word. once a guy is d victim, u hear words like 'ladies are evil, all girls are beasts, all girls are useless' and so on. I Dont know d nairaland u are referring ti

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by ImaIma1(f): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
I was actually of the opinion that it is even ladies that get bashed on nairaland. Ladies are always written off as no good here.
Infact on NL, the word for the female gender is "olosho"

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Splinz(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
ImaIma1:
I was actually of the opinion that it is even ladies that get bashed on nairaland. Ladies are always written off as no good here.
Infact on NL, the word for the female gender is "olosho"

Your opinion is your fantasy.

On this great forum we've made it our number one priority to love & respect, cherish and adore our ladies. In fact, it is a sacriledge for anyone to use derogatory words on our girls.

Let it be known to you and all enemies of our well bred & cultured men, that no amount of campaign of calumny will deter us from maintaining the status quo.

Henceforth, we will not take it lighly with anyone who try to soil our hard earn reputation. We will fight & resist it!

Please be guided accordingly.

18 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by donstan18: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
gloria34:
my brother, go through all d recent threads and see d insults ladies receive and how guys criticize their every word. once a guy is d victim, u hear words like 'ladies are evil, all girls are beasts, all girls are useless' and so on. I Dont know d nairaland u are referring ti

Hey kiss
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by holyboii: 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
I still maintain my stand

NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE WRITE OFF

2 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by ImaIma1(f): 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
Splinz:

On this great forum we've made it our number one priority to love & respect, cherish and adore our ladies. In fact, it is a sacriledge for anyone to use derogatory words on our girls.

Let it be known to you and all enemies of our well bred & cultured men, that no amount of campaign of calumny will deter us from maintaining the status quo.

Henceforth, we will not take it lighly with anyone who try to soil our hard earn reputation. We will fight & resist it!

Which manifesto is this one?

5 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by bukatyne(f): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
maclatunji:
There is a certain unwritten rule here on Nairaland family section and it goes thus: "men can never be good or innocent".

Yes, I agree that a lot of men are irresponsible but what is also true is that so are a lot of women.

The question now is: why are men more likely to be disbelieved when they present issues here while women are more to be believed as being genuine victims?

Actually, NL men have worked constantly to prove that they are no good especially in marriages.

I vividly remember a thread where someone opined that not all men cheat and several NL guys bashed the person.

An average NL guy tells us that it is normal for men to cheat, not appreciate his wife, not cherish their wives, treat all women like thrash (except their female relatives etc.)

Infact, women are blamed more for martial crisis, mostly told/advised to live with the flaws of their spouses, and advised to bend backwards to accommodate them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by maclatunji: 11:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
bukatyne:

Actually, NL men have worked constantly to prove that they are no good especially in marriages.

I vividly remember a thread where someone opined that not all men cheat and several NL guys bashed the person.

An average NL guy tells us that it is normal for men to cheat, not appreciate his wife, not cherish their wives, treat all women like thrash (except their female relatives etc.)

Infact, women are blamed more for martial crisis, mostly told/advised to live with the flaws of their spouses, and advised to bend backwards to accommodate them.

This does not explain the tendency to try to ridicule men that share their marital or relationship challenges.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Splinz(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2018
ImaIma1:

Which manifesto is this one?
Hehe...
Are you surprise that we can be that cultured & refined?
Then welcome to our world--where women are respected & loved.
How may we serve you today?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by ImaIma1(f): 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
Splinz:

Hehe...

Are you surprise that we can be that cultured & refined?

Then welcome to our world--where women are respected & loved.

How may we serve you today?

More than surprised.

I will believe you when i stop seeing that word i mentioned flying all around wink
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by crackhaus: 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2018
maclatunji:

That's the explanation you seek right there.

Unfortunately, gender bias will always play out by default even when that is not the case.
Men blame women, women blame men..and the cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Blackhawk04: 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
Splinz:

You're the one living in fantasy! That place you described up there isn't nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by SarcasticMe(m): 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
I entered the thread thinking you were referring to man in the general sense. In my own opinion, however, both sexes are equally disposed to evil as they're to doing good. It can be argued on the one hand that women are even more likely to do wrong but on the other hand, they are also better placed to do right. It all depends on so many factors: upbringing, psychological... and an important one which is company. A woman can change her mind hundred times a day about the same issue, as long as she gives her ears to arguments and counter arguments.
Men are harder to convince of anything; either good or bad. But once they take up a behavior, it continues to live with them. It would take a great deal of expertise and luck to change a man.
The bottom line is: man, right from his childhood, must be thought values and morals and he'll most likely never depart from it. But, when he sets out on the wrong foot, it's even harder for him to retrace his steps.
Women, however, need to be in good hands till the very end. They're very emotional and easier to convince.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by luckyogor(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2018
maclatunji:

You got ur answer with ur last quote,it is reverse discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
maclatunji:

Yes, I agree that some men are irresponsible but what is also true is that so are a lot of women.

cool I just corrected your sentence in red. Thank me later wink

3 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Heavance(m): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
bukatyne:

I really think you are referring to boiz.
Though we all have our shortcomings, but once a boy grows to the stage of a man, I doubt they will talk or do things the way you explained.

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by tydi(m): 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hmmmm...
interesting topic, in as much I don't have any thing to contribute let me just park my power bike here.. any one hold food.. who on Gen make I come collect small fan. rain there fall but heat wan kill me here.. na buhari cause am

back to topic.. man and woman matter tire me.. wetin baba GOD regret say him create..
make I siddon learn from the wisest one.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by she234: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Jamiubond009(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
K
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by marvin905(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
bj
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Evince(m): 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
I don't even know why am reading this
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by maclatunji: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
efesodje:

cool I just corrected your sentence in red. Thank me later wink

Thank you, I must have missed it.
Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Xisnin(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2018
Since many active nairaland men/boys have all concluded that they are no "good"
and are proud of it. Why would you disagree with their self-incrimination?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
You must be talking of another NL. Even the mod that moved this to FP knows you got this one twisted cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Litblogger: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Statistics show that men are highly prone to screw-up than women.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
I just saw one guy following a snake, and he was hailing the snake.... chairman! chairman!! anything for your guy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Some Ladies Blessed With The Gift Of Foresight? / Join Us In Thanking God For A Successful Wedding / MOTHERS’ DAY - A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.