Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines (36716 Views)

MTN Apologises For Network Glitch / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored. / Today Is NIN-SIM Linking jDeadline; Have You Done Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Ademola47(m): 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
NIN-SIM: MTN apologises for barring customers’ lines

Several subscribers have taken to social media on Tuesday to express their displeasure over the barring of their communication lines by telecommunication network providers in Nigeria.

However, the Mobile Telephone Network, in tweets, apologised to the complainants over the restrictions.

Some customers called out MTN for restricting their lines despite having linked them with their National Identification Numbers.

“Mtn has done their worse ba. They have finally done what they have been saying they will do. I hope they are happy?
@MTNNG, what will happen to my airtime now? #givemebackmyairtime #blocked #mtn,” @rinaj_walta tweeted.

“Been trying to add my nimc number for over months it keeps saying error input again. After 6 months oooo. You guys decided to wake and block off my number. Kodaaaa naaa,” @teslim_oyedele said.

@Drjoshobi posted, “why am I not able to make calls, my NIN has been duly linked to my mobile number. What’s all this?”

In response, MTN apologised to the customers affected, stating that the order was a directive from the federal government. It, in turn, asked those whose who claimed their lines were barred despite linking them with their NINs to send in their numbers for rectification.”

In response, MTN via its official handle, @MTN180, apologised to the tweeps.

“Y’ello. We apologize for any inconvenience caused you. The communication to implement restrictions on outgoing calls for customers who have not linked their National Identification Number (NIN) to their SIM is a directive from the Federal Government. ~AO,” it tweeted.

“Y’ello, I am so sorry to read about this. Kindly provide the affected phone number via DM for checks. Thanks. ^NA,” MTN apologised to @Drjoshobi who had asked why MTN gave him free airtime when he linked his number with his NIN but still had his line restricted.

https://punchng.com/nin-sim-mtn-apologises-for-barring-customers-lines/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by godoluwa(m): 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
This madness will not end well

Just wait n see

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by eleko1: 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
angry may lightning destroy GLO if dey nor reverse their barring cos I registered my NIN @their Allen Avenue office

May Amadioha strike patami angry

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Tokskob2008: 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
Let's see how it goes but as for me I am not paying a kobo for nin registration...

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Why are most Nigerians so adamant and stubborn? undecided
You were given an instruction to follow.. instead of doing that you flouted the order..now that you are paying for it you complaining..?

Do what is required of you and move on..this stubbornness will solve nothing.. undecided

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Golan007: 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
eleko1:
angry may lightning destroy GLO if dey nor reverse their barring cos I registered my NIN @their Allen Avenue office

But you said you wouldn't register earlier.

So you still went ahead to do so?

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by eleko1: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Golan007:

But you said you wouldn't register earlier.

So you still went ahead to do so?

Nah CEO directive. Operation show ur NIN. .I be family man.Plus the weekly free 1500 Glo card wink embarassed,who nor go dance

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Rickmann: 12:13am On Apr 06, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Let's see how it goes but as for me I am not paying a kobo for nin registration...

You think say you dey Yankee abi..
You forget you are in a useless and corrupt country where no body cares about what you think..

When you do ur stronghead finish, you go still pay.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Authoreety: 2:36am On Apr 06, 2022
Make I just buy this land fes
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by HYDEEE: 3:03am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You were given an instruction to follow.. instead of doing that you flouted the order..now that you are paying for it you complaining..?

Do what is requested of you and move on..this stubbornness will solve nothing.. undecided
The angry mob will soon start requesting for your head on a spike. cheesy

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Karhma: 3:38am On Apr 06, 2022
Frankdarey2022:
If you want to get your NIN registration in 1hour call or whatsapp mr Emmanuel Effiong 08163443491. Please for only serious minded people. Thanks

After selling your fathers only land at ikot abasi and buying your first android...first thing u thought of was scamming on nairaland?

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Harrykn: 4:19am On Apr 06, 2022
I’m owing them 2600...
Yesterday my sim was barred and i ain’t worried. I only buy data from my bank so i don't care �‍♀️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Gadafii: 5:57am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do what is requested of you and move on..this stubbornness will solve nothing.. undecided
this madness affected many people who have linked their lines many months ago, I linked my two lines, with the SMS, downloaded the NIMC app to link the lines again, just for me to wake yesterday and I couldn't make calls, I didn't know what was wrong until I came online and saw lots of people complaining they have been barred.

Someone even said they haven't linked theirs and their line is still working fine...

I hope this their mumu move affected terrorists and bandits as well because that was what they told us, to checkmate the activities of terror groups and all.

Nigeria is just too backward and in downward spiral, the government mandated network providers to cut connection in some states some months to restrict bandits, it seems that was when they activities of these bandits jumped to am all-time high, it was at that period they attacked NDA and kidnapped a captain, killed some.. blocking people who haven't linked their line is a dumb move

With all the bvn, we saw how bureau de change were funnelling money for Boko Haram, it was the government of Dubai that detect that, while nigerian government have refused to name those who were involved, this is a terrorist govt and that's why many Nigerians have doubts about this nin-sim registration, especially when you have pamtami the terrorist lover at the top

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by mu2sa2: 5:59am On Apr 06, 2022
eleko1:

Be careful young man lest your vituperation should boomerang!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Gainman: 7:04am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

you are a mad man.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by eleko1: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2022
mu2sa2:
Be careful young man lest your vituperation should boomerang!
your father is a young man and may his vituperation boomerang on his own head.Say Amen to dat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by gosmoney(m): 7:31am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

what about dos who has done it and still get blocked?

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2022
gosmoney:
what about dos who has done it and still get blocked?
Of course that was a mistake or so from the *** side..they sure can lay a complaint.. kiss

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by chii8(f): 7:57am On Apr 06, 2022
Thieves.....for 3months now, I can't browse with my MTN Sim,if I call customer care, they will claim that they are working on it.Bunch of criminals.... thank God for my Airtel Sim.

I have enough data in that sim......na that one dey paain me pass.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 06, 2022
Nin ish
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by posty56: 8:31am On Apr 06, 2022
their father, as long as them no restrict my browsing ,na that one be the Koko I am okay (8, besides na second hand sim

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Angelfrost(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2022
Medicine after death...

But Nigerians sef... Why do y'all like to wait till the eleventh hour before scrambling do simple things?!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by iampeterben(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2022
Okay we have heard you people. Thanks but mine was not barred.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by emmabest2000(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2022
One minute silence for those that borrow cards and thought they will get away with it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by eleko1: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2022
angry
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by yusluvad(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2022
People mouth don dry sad
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by d4gmail: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2022
cheesy
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by PeggySandas(f): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2022
Terrorist pantami can't track kidnappers with NIN but wants us to link our shit!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by mu2sa2: 8:34am On Apr 06, 2022
eleko1:
your father is a young man and may his vituperation boomerang on his own head.Say Amen to dat
Respect yourself. Indiscipline will eventually land you in the soup.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Lady Gets Brand New Iphone From Stranger Days After Crying Out On Twitter. PHOTO / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.