Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi (25604 Views)

FREE CV Qualifications Summary For Job Seekers / 18 Scam Companies Nigeria Job Seekers Should Beware Of / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by Horlawale1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
Just be close to fifa president (HR, CEO, MD of different companies and u are good to go.

Love messi

Proudly Barcelona fan.
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by Afritop(m): 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
why not take a cue from mikel obi
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by tallfish145(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
I want to be everything CR7 is: cheerful giver,team player,ability to adapt in every places,goodlooking,speed.
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by bennyzer(m): 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Can't agree with you more. Great post. Well done op.
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by chikweezy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is beautiful...though I didn't read thru, just d path about 'don't take a bad game too serious', and it's edifying..great write-up!!
DMeanMan:
Lionel Messi have over the past decade proved himself. To some he is the BEST, to some he is just good, to many he is a god, to me he is the best thing to happen to sport.

There is a whole lot to learn from this legend, and the applications of this lessons extends way beyond football and sport.

Find below 5 worthy queues Job Seekers should take from Lionel Messi.

1. Be Fast

As a job seeker you compete, physically, mentally and otherwise. Not with yourself, but with several other hopefuls. Saying you fight to land a Job in Nigeria is putting it mildly, wrestle is the word to use. You are competing with over a million people.

Speed is vital when you need to score a goal. It is more vital when you have to score a job.

Be the first to know, be the first to apply. BE FAST!

2. Be calculative

Okay, I believe that it’s been established that football isn’t the most psychologically demanding sport. It however comes with its own challenges. Calculation is a vital part of the game. How to hit the ball, how not to. When to run, when to fall, when to shout, when to dive.

Football is a game and so is Looking for a Job, you want to play it well. You have to!

As a job seeker, you have to be calculative enough to know when to apply. When not to. How to apply, how not to. You have to perceive what the recruiter wants, you have to know what to include in the CV and what to remove.

You have to know what the interviewer wants to hear, you have to know what to wear and what not to.

BE CALCULATIVE!

3. Get in the right team

Messi is today by statistics the best player ever to play the game. 5 Balon D’or awards is far from a joke. He didn’t achieve this by himself. He got help from each and every one of his team member. I like to think Barcelona have done more for Messi than Messi has for Barca.

The people you move with determine how far you get in life. It is common sense.

So like Messi, be sure you are in the right team. If you are, well done. If you are not, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

4. Strive to keep getting better

Let me take you a little back to 2005, the year Messi came into lime-light. That year at the FIFA World U-20 competition, he was voted the Best player at the World U-20 cup.

He went ahead to be named the world Best young player that year. He was in the following year named the Word’s third best player. After which he went ahead to nick the FIFA best player of the Year award a record four (4) times in a row.

Messi didn’t get better one time. He continued year in year out to try surpass what he did in the previous.

That you are a Job seeker is enough prove you are not yet there. You can get there. You have to.

You only have to take every avenue to becoming better more serious, and yes you can and should create those avenue more often.
STRIVE TO GET BETTER!

5. Don’t take a bad game too serious.

Disappointments are like bad games, as a player you can’t do without them. They always come.

Allowing them get you worried is worse than cancer.

A bad interview, a layoff, a bad Job Test score, bad CGPA… etc. are all forms of disappointments. Don’t take them too serious. When you do, you start doubting if you are good enough. You start doubting if you will ever get a Job, you start hurting your self-esteem, you start hurting your confidence. You start wearing out. You start growing older.

As a Job seeker, you need to learn to laugh at your mistakes, learn from them, and forget they ever happened.

DON’T TAKE A BAD GAME TOO SERIOUS!

Remember, applying for a job is more of an art. You have to learn it, know it, and master it.

By Yinusa Taiwo
https://taiwolusol./2016/01/30/job-seekers-take-a-queue-from-lionel-messi/

Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by BHarmony(m): 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
A very motivational write-up..
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by Bundar: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
DMeanMan:
Lionel Messi have over the past decade proved himself. To some he is the BEST, to some he is just good, to many he is a god, to me he is the best thing to happen to sport.

There is a whole lot to learn from this legend, and the applications of this lessons extends way beyond football and sport.

1. Be Fast

As a job seeker you compete, physically, mentally and otherwise. Not with yourself, but with several other hopefuls. Saying you fight to land a Job in Nigeria is putting it mildly, wrestle is the word to use. You are competing with over a million people.

Speed is vital when you need to score a goal. It is more vital when you have to score a job.

2. Be calculative

Okay, I believe that it’s been established that football isn’t the most psychologically demanding sport. It however comes with its own challenges. Calculation is a vital part of the game. How to hit the ball, how not to. When to run, when to fall, when to shout, when to dive.

Football is a game and so is Looking for a Job, you want to play it well. You have to!

As a job seeker, you have to be calculative enough to know when to apply. When not to. How to apply, how not to. You have to perceive what the recruiter wants, you have to know what to include in the CV and what to remove.

You have to know what the interviewer wants to hear, you have to know what to wear and what not to.

BE CALCULATIVE!

3. Get in the right team

Messi is today by statistics the best player ever to play the game. 5 Balon D’or awards is far from a joke. He didn’t achieve this by himself. He got help from each and every one of his team member. I like to think Barcelona have done more for Messi than Messi has for Barca.

So like Messi, be sure you are in the right team. If you are, well done. If you are not, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Let me take you a little back to 2005, the year Messi came into lime-light. That year at the FIFA World U-20 competition, he was voted the Best player at the World U-20 cup.

He went ahead to be named the world Best young player that year. He was in the following year named the Word’s third best player. After which he went ahead to nick the FIFA best player of the Year award a record four (4) times in a row.

Messi didn’t get better one time. He continued year in year out to try surpass what he did in the previous.

That you are a Job seeker is enough prove you are not yet there. You can get there. You have to.

You only have to take every avenue to becoming better more serious, and yes you can and should create those avenue more often.
STRIVE TO GET BETTER!

Disappointments are like bad games, as a player you can’t do without them. They always come.

A bad interview, a layoff, a bad Job Test score, bad CGPA… etc. are all forms of disappointments. Don’t take them too serious. When you do, you start doubting if you are good enough. You start doubting if you will ever get a Job, you start hurting your self-esteem, you start hurting your confidence. You start wearing out. You start growing older.

As a Job seeker, you need to learn to laugh at your mistakes, learn from them, and forget they ever happened.

Remember, applying for a job is more of an art. You have to learn it, know it, and master it.

By Yinusa Taiwo

My broda,u r really right o.I will use this formula for myself to
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by EmmyDe25(m): 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nah....I'd take a cue from Ronaldo instead. From zero talent became what he is today through hard work and persistence.
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by Obiwannn: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
DMeanMan:

1. Be Fast

2. Be calculative

BE CALCULATIVE!

3. Get in the right team

STRIVE TO GET BETTER!

By Yinusa Taiwo

I might not be a jobsseeker buy that your last line was awesome! applis to me now as well
Re: Job Seekers, Take A cue From Lionel Messi by joeyarticles: 7:35am On Apr 12, 2016
Lol! not being Lionnel Messi sucks sometimes, he is now an example of success, Imagine an Agriculturist who was kidnapped in Nigeria said he was released when he was shouting Messi Messi Messi, the kidnappers thought he was an American (North American) but shouting Messi Made them know he is not.......... http://www.prestnaija.com/calling-messi-saved-kidnapper-nigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remote Job: Please Which Online Course Can Get Me Good Remote Job? / Finally, God Has Answered My Prayer With A Good Job. / 7 Hilarious Ways Nigerians Begin A New Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.