Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding (39597 Views)

List 5 Songs That Are Always On Your Replay List / 5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / 10 Fela Songs That Are Still Relevant In 2017, 20 Years After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Frank3n2(m): 11:43am On Jan 31, 2016
What do you want dem to play? Daddy shoki?? undecided
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by canadianprince: 11:44am On Jan 31, 2016
I don't like any of those songs except Ada Ada by flavor. Who ever is gonna DJ my marriage will have to brief me before the DDay. In fact, I will list some of the songs to be played and the ones not to be played. I can't imagine playing Wizkid, Davido, Ice prince, or any of those naija circular artists' songs on that day. Their lyrics is more about lust than love. #Teamblues#

4 Likes

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by LordClem(m): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2016
What of Orente?
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Nickymezor(f): 11:54am On Jan 31, 2016
#8 Shouldnt be dere abeg... All d odas re cool
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2016
Godwin
baby oku
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Jolumania432(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
What of Oritsa Femi Igbe yawo dis Op u no serious sadWhat of Oritsa Femi Igbe yawo dis Op u no serious
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by sluvy4tune(m): 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
This list ehn dey outdated pass window xp 2000

Where is

Iyawo mi by Timi Dakolo ?

Even Laye by Kiss Daniel is seriously missing there

No one Like you by Psquare & I love my baby by wizkid was a Hit at weddings then, but now I am not sure!!!

Anyway My wedding Na Sanko by Timaya go sure Pass!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Lanceslot(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
1. Oruka - Sunny Nneji. 2. African Queen - 2bab. 3. Iyawo mi - Timi Dakolo. 4. Ada Ada - Flavour. 5. Ugegbe - Flavour. 6. Igbeyawo - Oritsha Femi. 7. No one like you - P Square. 8. Beautiful Onyinye - P Square. 9. If love is crime - 2face. 10 ........
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by smartleo(m): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
CivilzedTyger:
11. Lil kesh ft phyno and olamide Ladi cheesy
you know the rest

Mtchew
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Melo melo lafewi,, melo melo lafeso by badoo

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
DrCobo:
How can you miss out Oritse Femi

E ni ba ma se Igbeyawo, a se gudu gudu meje"

Oya apologise.Lol

Ehen what does that line mean ?

I like the " se je je, da kun se je je" part best.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by holuwerpelume: 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
9ice wedding day...dope muziq anydae anytym
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Fash20: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
CivilzedTyger:
you know the rest
Baba God pls Dash this guy sense. LMAO
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by gebest: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
2,4,6 the best.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Progress2468(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
DavidGodwin:
Hmm.
I think u should correct ur topic to secular weddings cos all the songs up the list are worldly songs. A Christian who starts his wedding this way is starting on a bad ground

Na wah o
Please Define a "worldly Song"

Very soon we will hear that it is worldly to get married

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by bamac(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
DavidGodwin:
Hmm.
I think u should correct ur topic to secular weddings cos all the songs up the list are worldly songs. A Christian who starts his wedding this way is starting on a bad ground
you don start be that, se churchi deeperlife lo n lo ni?

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by wtfCode: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
that flavour ada ada fit make the bride cry.
Its the best song to play.
Anyway, during mine i'll tell the dj to play the best of rnb's like micheal learns, westlife, best of banky w...u know all those cool songs.
No time for noise.
Reception will be totally different, meeting pple of different class and works of life. Pple knowing pple and all that. Big smiles on pples face,i will only dance once with my bride just to add extra entertainment.
Got the picture?
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by gebest: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
U forgot AMOS 3:3, the best wedding song so far.

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Awesome01(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Me I no gree with all these songs up there, if Terry G song no dey, walahi e neva complete. grin
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Chanchit: 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
samkay3g:
Stop dat!,wia is Timi dakolo?

For now, that's my number1 song, followed by Oritsefemi's "Igbeyawo" when it comes weddings.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by medexico(m): 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
11. Reminisce "wa fe ku laleyi"

12. elDee "Today na today you no go escape, I go put you for corner I'm ready for you"

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by dennisworld1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
u forgot davido aye. And the other new one i 4got
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by princezzlolly(f): 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Igbeyawo by oritsefemi shld be d no 1
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by dennisworld1(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
adekunle gold orente, pickup the call. Also korede bello romantic and godwin.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by dennisworld1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
timi dakolo iyawo mi. Wizkid i love ma baby
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by mccoymatrix(m): 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
CivilzedTyger:
you know the rest
CivilzedTyger:
you know the rest
CivilzedTyger:
you know the rest
...nawa 4 yhu oooo...include efajoku sef
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by NairaExam690(m): 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
ORITSE FEMI - IGBEYAWO

ORITSE FEMI - IGBEYAWO

ORITSE FEMI - IGBEYAWO

2 Likes

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Progress2468:

Na wah o
Please Define a "worldly Song"

Very soon we will hear that it is worldly to get married
LOL. I won't argue with u but those who are in spirit will understand what I said
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Craigston: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
All of these songs are intended to praise the bride who is herself the sole beneficiary of the processes up to that point. It becomes evident that men who overestimate marriage over personal development live for women and do not love themselves. The society pushes them hard to be responsible for everything and everyone, and they become women-pleasing neurotics.

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by jtjohn(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Iyawo mi by TIMI DAKOLO...........should be there
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by dennisworld1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Craigston:
All of these songs are intended to praise the bride who is herself the sole beneficiary of the processes up to that point. It becomes evident that men who overestimate marriage over personal development live for women and do not love themselves. The society pushes them hard to be responsible for everything and everyone, and they become women-pleasing neurotics.
what are u saying
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by CivilzedTyger(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
mccoymatrix:
[left][/left]...nawa 4 yhu oooo...include efajoku sef
Ati Lyrically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video / Why I Mostly Sing In Yoruba Language – Asake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.