Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding (39596 Views)

List 5 Songs That Are Always On Your Replay List / 5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / 10 Fela Songs That Are Still Relevant In 2017, 20 Years After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by CivilzedTyger(m): 1:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
Fash20:
Baba God pls Dash this guy sense. LMAO
Amen ooo
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Chijosky(m): 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
What of Godwin by Koredo Bello or what is that his name, though am not a fan of his but a fan of his BOSS
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Blackops(m): 1:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Fian... Shakiti bobo, Igbeyawo Lagos Boys dey dominate now.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by anigbajumo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
ogaprime:
What about "what God has joined together" by chief commander EBENEZER OBEY

Eto igbeyawo laye, baba oluwa ti gbele pelu ase ni. What God has joined together let no man put asunder

If u listen to oritshafemi "igbeyawo" very well, u will realize that is a turn over of that chief Ebenezer Obey....he stole the song completely,he just added modern beats then hype.....

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Julietcutie(f): 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
DavidGodwin:
Hmm.
I think u should correct ur topic to secular weddings cos all the songs up the list are worldly songs. A Christian who starts his wedding this way is starting on a bad ground
oga dont do 'holier dan thou' here havent u gone for a christian wedding reception and hear all dis recent songs played ...the couple dancing to d so called secular songs dont mean anything
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by switcakes(f): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
You forgot gall in love by Dbanj. That song too was at at weddings
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Queeee(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
"Chatsunwan" Southern Kaduna Marriage hit track
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by damilareoye: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
No one be like you.... cheesy

have gone to many places and have seen many faces but no one is just like you..

after all the forming, not know that you love me.

cheesy
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by DrCobo(m): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eyekandi:

Ehen what does that line mean ?

I like the " se je je, da kun se je je" part best.

Means act calmly, please act calmly"
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Onyinyechi1008: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
And where is gollibe by flavour

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
DrCobo:

Means act calmly, please act calmly"

No, I know the meaning of this one, I meant the part you wrote... Igbe iyawo and the gudu gudu meje part smiley
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by enoch701(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
no.4 simply d best.....I like d part DAT says ( wen it comes to rating u are lead)
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by mimicue(f): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Op how can u not add igbeyawo
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by ziggy1702(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
op, please remove Kayswitch-Obi mo. and whatever happen to korede bello-godwin that is a banging song in every wedding
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by enoch701(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
no.4 simply d best.....I like d part DAT says ( wen it comes to rating u are d lead)
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by harizonal123(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by ogaprime(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
anigbajumo:

If u listen to oritshafemi "igbeyawo" very well, u will realize that is a turn over of that chief Ebenezer Obey....he stole the song completely,he just added modern beats then hype.....

Oritsha femi didn't steal obey's song. He sang it completely new. Obey sang his song with truthful advise from beginning to the end. Obey said saying to the newly weds that marriage is from God and both husband and wife are helpers to each other and they shouldn't fight.

But femi was talking about spending and heavy preparation for wedding, like people don't do court wedding that won't even cost at all....

I just started listening to obey and KSA, please leave all those kids and wizzez, they don't inspire they make you dance for now...thank you
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by sirconfidence1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
ogaprime:
What about "what God has joined together" by chief commander EBENEZER OBEY

Eto igbeyawo laye, baba oluwa ti gbele pelu ase ni. What God has joined together let no man put asunder
That's evergreen song from chief commander.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Yheenusir: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Igbeyawo by Oritse femi and Ada Ada by flavour are the most played in a wedding occassion.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Icekyng: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ife wa gbono
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by ykoye06: 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
What about Oritsefemi - igbeyawo
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by ogaprime(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
sirconfidence1:
That's evergreen song from chief commander.

Yes oo...not the jagons op listed maybe except for sunny nnaji's oruka
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by DrCobo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eyekandi:

No, I know the meaning of this one, I meant the part you wrote... Igbe iyawo and the gudu gudu meje part smiley

Whoever is willing to marry must be ready to do so so much and sacrifice a lot

3 Likes

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
DrCobo:

Whoever is willing to marry must be ready to do so so much and sacrifice a lot

Wow,,, very true

Ose gaan smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Kirinwa: 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Apart from My Darling by Tiwa my babe. All others are bumkum.
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
According to the comments here, 'Igbeyawo' by Oritsefemi should be number 1. But seriously, I don't know how the op failed to put 'lgbeyawo' on that list. Op no dey go wedding

1 Like

Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by kingwale1: 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ekiti360:

Nigerians are known for their love for weddings. Whether it be traditional, civil (court) or white wedding, we are very ready to turn up. And Nigerian artists are not slackers. Since South African artist Brenda Fassie released the video for her wedding song, Wedding Day, Nigerian musicians have tried to and succeeded in topping her.

A wedding reception is all about the couple (sure) and a DJ who knows his stuff knows to fit in one of these songs on their playlist either for the couple’s entrance or their dance. Some of them are classics released over 10 to 20 years ago while others are more recent as artists continue to try to out do themselves and record and releasing THE wedding song; the one that will remain evergreen like Sunny Neji’s Oruka or Flavour’s Ada Ada.

We present you with 10 songs that you are sure to hear at a Nigerian wedding. Although no one really plays Brenda Fassie’s Wedding Day anymore, we included because of the memories and for being a strong inspiration.

1. Brenda Fassie – Wedding Day

2. Sunny Nneji - Oruka
Oruka was released in 2003, off Sunny Nneji’s third album Uncahined. The highlife inspired song was an instant hit and since then has become more or less a staple at weddings.

3. Tosin Martins – Olo Mi
This is the song that put Tosin Martins name on the lips of many Nigerian music lovers. It is often played as an entrance song at most wedding receptions.

4. PSquare – No One Like You
Psquare has released many love songs but maybe because of the wedding theme in the video, this one remains one of the more popular at weddings. It also played as an entrance song.

5.Patoranking – Happy Day
This highlife infused dancehall song brings to mind Sunny Nneji’s Oruka, which probably inspired it.

6. Flavour – Ada Ada
No wedding, especially traditional, was complete without this song in 2013 when it came out. The song is still played at weddings and has joined Olo Mi and Oruka in the league of classic wedding songs.

7.Kay Switch – Obi month
This song may not be popular as others at weddings but it should be.

8. Wizkid – Love My Baby
When this song is played at weddings, it is almost hard to hear it over the speakers as guests tend to sing along to it; it’s that popular.

9. Tiwa Savage – My Darling
Tiwa’s My Darling is a great song for a couple’s dance and you find the bride and groom staring into each other’s eyes as they sway to the beat.

10. eLDee – Today Today
Also a great couple’s dance song.

So let’s us know in the comments if you agree or which songs should replace any on the list.

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/10-songs-overplayed-typical-nigerian-wedding/
Wande Coal Ololufe and 9ice Wedding day
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by ogaprime(m): 4:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
DavidGodwin:
Hmm.
I think u should correct ur topic to secular weddings cos all the songs up the list are worldly songs. A Christian who starts his wedding this way is starting on a bad ground

God bless you sir for your comment. Only few people knows what you said...

Those songs op listed are just singing about wedding day, how de guy love de lady,how he pick one out of a million...none sang of God blessing de marriage, success and longevity of the marriage, inspiring and martial advise for the new weds. Na wo...
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by abesky(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
What about wedding day by 9ice
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by ThatNaijaNigger: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Flashh:
I think it should be 2face,African Queen and Psquare's No One Like You.
lol,this nigger thinks its still 2008
Re: 10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding by prela(f): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Are u kidding? I Didn't see perfect gentleman by sean Tizzle. Omo dada Lomo yen o, omo gidi Lo mu wale o....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video / Why I Mostly Sing In Yoruba Language – Asake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.