Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ (3171 Views)

Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me For Interrogati / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by cfame1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
The immediate past National Security Adviser,NSA Colonel Sambo Dasuki(rtd) has dismissed the allegations against him and the conclusions reached by the Presidential Committee on Arms Procurement as “jaundiced.”

In an unusual statement he personally signed on Wednesday, Dasuki pointedly said he has nothing to hide about his conduct as NSA. He also said the conclusions of the presidential panel about arms transactions while he was NSA were baseless. Dasuki said he is not a “not a thief or treasury looter as being portrayed”.

He said “To show that I have nothing to hide, I submitted a comprehensive list of all requests for procurements by the services, the items bought and those equipment being awaited to His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari long before I left office. If there were issues, I should have been questioned. I was just the clearing house, I did not award contracts to my company or proxies. There was no contract awarded or equipment bought without approval from the then President and Commander-In-Chief. I am not a thief or treasury looter as being portrayed. “

The full text of the former NSA’s statement titled : “I Acted In National Interest – Dasuki” runs thus:
“In a theatrical manner, the Presidency fed the public with many allegations against my person and yet to be named former public officers.

To draw sympathy, the presidency quoted some absurd findings including extra-budgetary interventions; award of fictitious contracts; 53 failed contracts; payment for jobs without contractual agreements; non-execution of contracts for the purchase of 4 Alpha jets, bombs and ammunition.
For undiscerning Nigerians, they may tend to assume that the allegations were true and pronounce the former National Security Adviser guilty as charged.

The statement issued by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, who should know better as a former President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors and a witness to history, was nothing (short) of propaganda to cast aspersions on Dasuki.

To set the records straight, Nigerians should appreciate that the AVM Jon Ode-led panel did not invite the ex-NSA under any guise before arriving at its ambiguous findings. At least, fairness demands that the panel ought to hear from Dasuki instead of its recourse to hasty conclusions. If the panel had been more patient and painstaking, it would have been availed of all relevant documents on some of the jaundiced findings.

As if acting a script, the Presidency alleged that the Panel accused Dasuki of awarding fictitious contracts between March 2012 and March 2015. Contrary to this claim, Dasuki was not the NSA in March 2012 and he could not have awarded any contract in whatever name. The ex-NSA was appointed by ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on June 22, 2012.
All contracts and accruing payments were with the approval of the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces. Once the ex-President approved, the former NSA paid. So, there was due process for every purchase in line with regulations guiding arms procurement for the Armed Forces.

And Nigerians should note that all the services generated the types of equipment needed, sourced for suppliers most times and after consideration by the Office of the NSA, the President will approve application for payment. For sensitive sectors (military/security), there was no room for awarding fictitious contracts. The conclusions of the panel were presumptive, baseless and lacked diligence.
There were no fictitious contracts; contract sums were not diverted and the relevant services in writing acknowledged delivery of equipment. For all procurements, the Nigerian Army, the Air Force and the Nigerian Navy have their contractors.

While awaiting judicial process on these allegations, it is proper to make some references to show that the presidency was just desperate to hang some former public and military officers who served this nation at the risk of their lives.

It is laughable for the panel to assume that 4 Alpha jets and 12 helicopters were undelivered. In a memo to the Office of the National Security Adviser(ONSA), referenced NAF/905/D/CAS of November 28, 2014, the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Adesola Amosu acknowledged the receipt of the 4x Alpha jets attack aircraft and the helicopters.

On 10/21/14, the Chief of Air Staff also confirmed the receipt of F-7 N1 aircraft combination of 250kg bombs and accessories at $2,894,000 with the cost of freight at $1,200,000. The same Air Force confirmed getting 2xTri Shield 36DG Tactical radars.

In another letter of December 1, 2014 signed by L.S. Alao(on behalf of the Chief of Air Staff), the Air Force said it received five containerized fuel storage and dispensing units with equipment.
The Nigerian Army wrote the ONSA to acknowledge the delivery of 14 armoured tanks. In a December 13, 2014 memo, the Brigade of Guards thanked ONSA for releasing N30m for RCA, Operation allowance for Troops on Op Urban Sweep II for third and fourth quarters of 2014. This is apart from the installation of CCT Cameras at the Brigade Headquarters, 2 backscatter bomb detection vans and other equipment.On November 26, 2014, the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh sought for approval of the award of one pair of uniform(in the interim) for the Armed Forces at N165, 375 to El-Jahab Mubarak Nigeria and N330,750,000 for two pairs.
These are some of the acknowledgment letters submitted to me by the end-users(the services). It is not for me to go and find out whether the equipment were delivered or not. I am not the one keeping the inventories.

To show that I have nothing to hide, I submitted a comprehensive list of all requests for procurements by the services, the items bought and those equipment being awaited to His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari long before I left office. If there were issues, I should have been questioned. I was just the clearing house, I did not award contracts to my company or proxies. There was no contract awarded or equipment bought without approval from the then President and Commander-In-Chief. I am not a thief or treasury looter as being portrayed.
In order not to endanger the nation’s security, there are many salient issues and contracts which I cannot put in public domain. I am ready for trial on all these allegations in order to prove to Nigerians that I did nothing untoward in office. We will certainly meet in court.
I have a lot to tell Nigerians but in the interim, they should not believe some of the allegations as the gospel truths. The good thing is that some of the key actors in the present administration were parts of the past process being viciously challenged.
As for my tenure as the nation’s NSA, I acted in the interest of the nation and with utmost fear of God. I did not use the office for any self-serving agenda. I occupied the Office of the National Security Adviser at a difficult moment in Nigerian history when terrorism was at its peak and I am leaving posterity to judge me accordingly.
http://newsdiaryonline.com/dasuki-replies-presidency-i-am-not-a-thief-or-treasury-looter/
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by vicraven(m): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
ok
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Lanretoye(m): 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
The commander in thief has said it all,but his loot be like perfume,e dey smell all over the country.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Akkord4gov: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Na ur fault

The law is just too lenient with looters

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Habayomie(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Col Dasuki is only ACTING on orders.
The Question:who gave the ORDER?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by psquaret: 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Like seriously cool angry cool
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by allawizzow(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
M
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by NapoIeon: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
this man should be given a fair trial openly if he is found guilty he should face the music but we are anxious of hearing directly from his mouth not all these media rawbish

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by dan55: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
Reply with mb??
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Anthony0094(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
u indeed acted for the interest of the nation
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Adminisher: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
This man is a VERY BIG THIEF. Goodluck promised him he would succeed him then they went on a looting Sprey. Making him dole out funds to politicians of all parties was a way of buying influence for the So koto prince . I am sorry SE / SS youths, your hero Goodluck is a very useless, corrupt and clueless opportunity water.
If you guys don't condemn him God himself has already done it

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Anthony0094(m): 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
Adminisher:
This man is a VERY BIG THIEF. Goodluck promised him he would succeed him then they went on a looting Sprey. Making him dole out funds to politicians of all parties was a way of buying influence for the So koto prince . I am sorry SE / SS youths, your hero Goodluck is a very useless, corrupt and clueless opportunity water.
If you guys don't condemn him God himself has already done it
a day will not pass without you mentioning Jonathan. save ursef from heart attack

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by IVORY2009(m): 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
The media trial of this govt is something else.
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
dansiki lols hahaha sorry oo ur name is now synonymous to thief,steal,ole barawo

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Very lame response from the chief yam eater, even the gullible won't buy this trash. Save your explanation for the courts.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by DANILSA(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
With all the propaganda i still cant see the offence Dasuki commited, he has alot of evidence to back his claim while the presidency has shown us non, take him to court let us have an open trial, if found guilty he should be sentenced to death or 2000 years in prison if innocent he should be freed.
Bacanista plus lalasticala please confirm if dasuki said so.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by zurine(f): 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
let him be charged to the court then, to prove his innocence
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by andyanders: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
On 10/21/14, the Chief of Air Staff also confirmed the receipt of F-7 N1 aircraft combination of 250kg bombs and accessories at $2,894,000 with the cost of freight at $1,200,000. shocked The same Air Force confirmed getting 2xTri Shield 36DG Tactical radars.

Cost of freight is half cost of aircraft? cant the plane be flown to its destination?

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Adminisher: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Anthony0094:

a day will not pass without you mentioning Jonathan. save ursef from heart attack

Jonathan is a complete waste of oxygen. We cannot question why God created someone but I think that is one of the lousiest human beings alive . Completely pretentious, self absorbed and lacking in sense of history. He took an office he did not work for or deserve and thoroughly messed it up embarrassing his family and kids who would have to carry the bad name about.

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by DropShot: 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Stale news. Very very stale news. This was when he was still confined at his house.
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by RobinHez(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
"Chief yam eater"?! now this is hilarious! grin
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by ZZ22: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is what you get when information budget exceed that of agriculture
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Adminisher: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
andyanders:

Cost of freight is half cost of aircraft? cant the plane be flown to its destination?

Good question . They apparently delayed the freighting so that it goes into expedition rates and Generals could chop. The amounts this man is quoting for buying obsolete aircraft will draw serious RIDICULE to Nigeria and it's people. The fact that they are even throwing the figures around shows they are not even intelligent on top of being thieves.
When you have a down-syndrome looking guy like Jonathan in charge of a country, this is what you get.

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Adminisher: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
andyanders:

Good question . They apparently delayed the freighting so that Generals could chop. The amounts this man is quoting for buying obsolete aircraft will draw serious RIDICULE to Nigeria and it's people. The fact that they are even throwing the figures around shows they are not even intelligent on top of being thieves.
When you have a down-syndrome looking guy like Jonathan in charge of a country, this is what you get.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Yorubasgreat(f): 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
I wan faint here.. .

I do not read a thing there.. .thus is the only part I read...lol. "The good thing is that some of the key actors in the present administration were parts of the past process being viciously challenged".

And I can't wait to have there names.. .
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Anthony0094(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Adminisher:

Jonathan is a complete waste of oxygen. We cannot question why God created someone but I think that is one of the lousiest human beings alive . Completely pretentious, self absorbed and lacking in sense of history. He took an office he did not work for or deserve and thoroughly messed it up embarrassing his family and kids who would have to carry the bad name about.

one day u will blame Jonathan for ur wife not getting pregnant
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by EdCure: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
What does he think he is, a treasury sharer?

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by TheFreeOne: 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
In a theatrical manner, the Presidency fed the public with many allegations against my person and yet to be named former public officers.

To draw sympathy, the presidency quoted some absurd findings including extra-budgetary interventions; award of fictitious contracts; 53 failed contracts; payment for jobs without contractual agreements; non-execution of contracts for the purchase of 4 Alpha jets, bombs and ammunition.
For undiscerning Nigerians, they may tend to assume that the allegations were true and pronounce the former National Security Adviser guilty as charged.

An open trial is what we need to dissect truth from propaganda. Punishment should given accordingly for whosoever is found guilty.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Dedetwo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
APC are bunch of religious zealots and border line goons who are tapping into the delusions of the massive uneducated population of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by drss(m): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
let there be open trial n all dis propaganda about dasukigate will collapse. nigerians who believe in rule of law n justice should resist any attempt secret trial for dasuki.
Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by Kelklein(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
excerpt:
On November 26, 2014, the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh sought for approval of the award of one pair of uniform(in the interim) for the Armed Forces at N165, 375 to El-Jahab Mubarak Nigeria and N330,750.00 for two pairs.
N330,750.00 for two pairs of uniform...na wa o

what material was the uniform made of?

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Replies Presidency: ‘I Am Not A Thief Or Treasury Looter’ by HaneefahRN(f): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lanretoye:
The commander in thief has said it all,but his loot be like perfume,e dey smell all over the country.
Lolz. But stealing is nt corruption nau.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Gen Wiwa (ken Saro Wiwa's Brother) Sacked By Buhari / Why Do People Seek Power? / Omenka Says Nothing About Buhari's Corruption In NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.