Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund (652 Views)

How Saraki Fraudulently Obtained Court Order Freezing Sahara Reporters Account / Andy Ubah Obtained His PhD From A Degree Vendor - Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund by santos247(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
[1]The Federal Mortgage bank was established to manage fnds accruable from the National Housing Fund (NHF) and backed by law.
[2]All workers in Public and private sector contribute 2.5% of their salaries to this fund.
[3] The fund is supposed to provide laons up to 15 Million naira to citizens to build houses.
[4] If well managed, the size of FMB asset should be close to that of Pension commission which was established just recently. Read more here: http://www.fmbn.gov.ng
How many employed people in Nigeria have benefited from this fund since 24 years of its existence?
Isnt it right for the laws establishing the NHF and FMB be amended to meet the housing deficits in the country particularly those employed in the formal sectors of the economy
Shouldn't government make arrangement to channel these funds to infrastructural development projects just as Fashola have nursed the idea that Pension funds be invested in infrastructural developments projects with low risk and guaranteed returns
What is the fate of Employed people who contribute 2.5% of their salaries to this fund and retire without benefiting at all from the NHF?
Will our 109 senators be able to make appropriate legislation to address these concerns??

NAiralanders, over to you !
Re: Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund by StarboyMichael(m): 5:31am On Apr 11, 2016
I don't know anyone who has benefitted from the NHF, I don't even know if deductions are made from my monthly pay for this. I am interested in knowing more about how this works for employees in private sector.
Please educate me
Re: Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund by greatgod2012(f): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2016
I'm also interested.
Re: Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund by alienvirus: 6:07am On Apr 11, 2016
It's a way of making life harder for the citizens. Perhaps people managing it are the only ones benefiting from it.

Even where the houses sef?
Re: Hav U Or Anyone U Know Successfully Obtained Loan From National Housing Fund by blank(f): 5:06am On Apr 12, 2016
I have applied since 2009. No response till now. The people I know that got it are based in Abuja and applied for Abuja houses.

But that was a while back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Ex-vp Namadi Sambo's Abuja Office (Photo) / Dear Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo / Nigerians Say To Military Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.