Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job (13506 Views)

4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / Just Before You Take That Job, See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by FWJOBSNG: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Unemployment can lead to many things, the desperation that goes with job hunt most often beclouds our sense of judgement and reasoning. Taking up a job when you needs it is a very exiting experience, but before you take up that job please consider the following factors:

1. Is it in sync with your passion: Every man have a passion and a special role they can perform better, while many underplay the importance of passion for one reason or the other, the term is a recurrent decimal in any success story. So please consider this before taking up that job because on the long run you are going to need it.

2. Can you build your career around the job: There are some jobs that makes it difficult to build a career, those kind of job only guarantees solving immediate needs and it can hardly fit into long term goal. It is very important to consider this fact before taking up that job offer.

3. Does it fulfil your long term goals: Consider your goals (both short and long term goals) and your overall objectives and weave it around the content of the job offer. Doing this properly will put you into perspective towards your new job.

4. Is it in conflict with your beliefs: Most unlikely to influence decisions, but make no mistake about this, everyone have a religious believe, and there comes that sober moment when you will want to be in a cordial relationship with your maker, do not let your job come into play when that moment come. It sure places one in a dilemma when the job is in conflict with your belief, except you are an atheist.

5. What is your objective for taking up the job: Everybody has a reason for taking up a job offer, but for the most part, people take up a job in order to pay bills and survive, others may take up an offer just to get involved with work, depending on your objective please consider if the job meet up with your goals.

6. Can you really do the job: During recruitment and selection stages, the employer does their best to employ the best hands for the job, they do this through series of aptitude test and interviews, and at the end they arrive at the people they feel are the best. It is the job of the employer to determine who can do the job, but only the employer because most job candidates cares less about whether they can really do the job. Save yourself from the embarrassment of getting sacked by asking yourself if you truly have what it takes to do the job.

7. Is there a promotion prospect: The high rate of unemployment and the desperation to get a job sometimes beclouds our sense of reasoning. How much do you know about that company and its work environment? It is always a heartbreaking situation to expect much and get very less. Find out information about promotion prospect and the future direction of that company before you take up that job.

The fear of being jobless after graduation from the university is something that threatens an average Nigerian student, however we can take pride in what we are and that special role we can play. As we step into that stage where we will need a job to stay on point, please just know that your employer needs you as much as you need them. Do not throw caution to wind when that moment comes.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2015/12/16/consider-factors-taking-job/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Donald3d(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
At last i have being telling people , Always do what you love, it sounds hard to believe but i would rather be broke than do what i dont love , i will just end up pissing my self by doing what i dont love,stick to what you love guys , i know times are hard, and you will be tempted to do what you dont love, if its temporary, FINE, but as soon as you get enough cash , please switch to what you love."You will attain unfathomable success if you do and stick to what you love,you will achieve reduced or "not up to standard" success if you dont do what you love" #DonaldHasSpoken

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
Urm those points are null and void as long as u working in nigeria!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by gracile(f): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
I second cutehector
How many options do we gat for crying out loud

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:
I second cutehector
How many options do we gat for crying out loud
hey yu, where hav u been all ds while
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by gracile(f): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
hey yu, where hav u been all ds while
Been ghosting around cool
Hope you good
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

Been ghosting around cool
Hope you good
Lol yeah. Buh this tym around, am nad lerrin u outta ma sight... let's chat privately
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by gracile(f): 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
Lol yeah. Buh this tym around, am nad lerrin u outta ma sight... let's chat privately
Okay you go ahead and e-mail through this
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

Lol ur email Addy tho cheesy.. u can erase it nw.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

sent mail.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by gracile(f): 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
sent mail.
Are you folake adeoti?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

Are you folake adeoti?
shocked Lmao! Damn noo noo, dats someone dat messaged me recently she needs me to find a driver for her. I must hav mistakenly sent u mail thru hers.
Ama reply with my Addy nw
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

Are you folake adeoti?
check ur mail already, subject is Hector.. or in ur spam folder
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by gracile(f): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
shocked Lmao! Damn noo noo, dats someone dat messaged me recently she needs me to find a driver for her. I must hav mistakenly sent u mail thru hers.
Hahahaha cheesy
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 8:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

Hahahaha cheesy
erm hw long does it take u to reply a mail? angry
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by gracile(f): 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cutehector:
erm hw long does it take u to reply a mail? angry
Haven't seen it o lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

hian, isn't it theolandgrace again?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Cutehector(m): 9:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
gracile:

just follow me back.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by lonelydora: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2016
Job scarce ooooo.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 01, 2016
how much does it pay?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by missionmex(m): 5:37am On Feb 01, 2016
Give me the job first.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by VickyRotex(f): 5:39am On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmmm undecided undecided undecided
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by hakeem4(m): 5:45am On Feb 01, 2016
grin
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by segebobo: 5:46am On Feb 01, 2016
All these factors will work only when there are options.
Are you going to tell a graduate who has been idle for some time to think if he has passion for a well paying job he's about to get?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by jazinogold(m): 5:48am On Feb 01, 2016
Cutehector:
Danfo driver or tipper driver or na screwdriver? grin
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by MadCow1: 5:51am On Feb 01, 2016
Lol
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by instinctg(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2016
or rather 7 jobs that should consider you

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Aremu01(m): 6:08am On Feb 01, 2016
Not in Nigeria
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by henryhemon(m): 6:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Well I agree jobs are scarce but when you have the opportunity doing a job you love....Do not look back.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Tacticalmind: 6:15am On Feb 01, 2016
I totally agree. I know a 26 year old guy that left a #3.8 million p.a job with an official car because he didn't like it.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by Coldfaya(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2016
valid points. but does Nigeria give you the luxury of choice?? not after you've spent 3 years without a job. except of course your connection is right.

in an ideal society you nailed it. but in this jungle my brother na hunger you dey invite so.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job by lemon10(m): 6:30am On Feb 01, 2016
The way tins are going in dis country, can one really reject a mouth-watering job, not mindig if its his/her dream job?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Answer Common Interview Questions In An Uncommon Way / Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) Job Recruitment (22 Openings) / Shelf Drilling Aptitude Test 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.