Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job (52800 Views)

10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! / Is It Compulsary To Submit Cover Letter With Cv? / What Helped You Get That Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by dilini(m): 6:56am On Apr 17, 2017
A good cover letter that can be sent alongside your Resume/CV that should get the recruiters/interviewers reeling in astonishment. It should get them giving you a nodding approval to your next job

Please save for future reference

"Dear Hiring Manager

Please find enclosed my resume in response to your advertisement for the post of a (position applied for).

As a skilled (state your current job position) I am looking for exactly this sort of position, with a reputable company like yours, where my abilities will not only be recognized but also rewarded.

After reading the job description I am very confident that I can make an immediate and significant contribution to your company’s operations, and able to manage multiple priorities at the same time, all of thes makes me believe that I would be a strong candidate for your vacancy.

Please refer to the accompanying CV for more detailed information regarding my abilities and skill sets.

If this brief account of my competencies intrigues you enough to invite me for an interview please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,
(Your Full Names)"

90 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by joshuaarmani2: 7:38am On Apr 17, 2017
This is professional. Thanks
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by generalbush(m): 8:07am On Apr 17, 2017
For those in the Marketing or Sales Department!!

My name is Tony ----- and I am a born salesperson.I have worked with GTBank, Mansard Insurance, and United Global Resource Limited all as a Business Development Executive. Business Development and sales is what I know and that is the reason and motivation behind this application.

I have read with keen interest the job requirements and skills needed and I know I can fit in without much stress. Over the years, I have performed similar functions and I believe I can hit the ground running with your firm. I have delivered even when given ridiculous targets to meet and I know I can bring such winning mentality to your firm.

I will be expecting a call for an interview as it enables you to access my claims first-hand. Thanks a lot for your warm considerations.

Check out more tips @ http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-good-cover-letter/

7 Likes

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by ggoldmine: 8:26am On Apr 17, 2017
dilini:
A good cover letter that can be sent alongside your Resume/CV that should get the recruiters/interviewers reeling in astonishment. It should get them giving you a nodding approval to your next job

"Dear Hiring Manager

Please find enclosed my resume in response to your advertisement for the post of a (position applied for).

As a skilled (state your current job position) I am looking for exactly this sort of position, with a reputable company like yours, where my abilities will not only be recognized but also rewarded.

After reading the job description I am very confident that I can make an immediate and significant contribution to your company’s operations, and able to manage multiple priorities at the same time, all of thes makes me believe that I would be a strong candidate for your vacancy.

Please refer to the accompanying CV for more detailed information regarding my abilities and skill sets.

If this brief account of my competencies intrigues you enough to invite me for an interview please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,
(Your Full Names)"

what if you don't have a current job?

4 Likes

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by dilini(m): 8:34am On Apr 17, 2017
Employee Rights From Employers Under Labor Laws

It is important that we know our rights as employees. This article will guide you and give insights into what our entitlements are and what our employers are obligated to perform as their duty.

Perhaps you are just starting out on a new job and you have just resumed or you have been serving your employer for months or years now and you don't know what the law compels them to do for their employees, this list would help you.

I was ignorant about some of these things as a young graduate but now I know better. If after your months salary has been paid you noticed some deductions then meet with your HR for clarifications. Judge the environment before engaging the HR. Be smart.

List of things your employer owes you can be find below :

1) Your employer owes you a contract letter. This is a letter containing the terms of service, remuneration and other conditions that you have to consider before signing.

2) Your employer owes you a hand book. This is very important for you to understand the vision, mission, values, culture, the dos and don'ts of your company. Usually, no action should be taken against you without the handbook. It's like the constitution.

3) Pensions contribution . A monthly payment which is deducted from your account and added too from your employer to be paid into your account. This you must receive alert every month. Usually, it's from 7.5% above depending on your industry.

4) Health insurance . Your employer is required by law to get you a health insurance cover. The insurance is for basic health and in some cases pregnancy and surgery depending on your level. There is bronze, silver, gold etc. Usually, you should have a health card.

5) Tax card. Taxes are being deducted from your account monthly and credited into the tax commission of your state monthly. This is what shows you as a good citizen who pays his taxes. Usually, there is a tax card and it's very important if you want to transact with the government.

6) Mortgage contribution card. This is usually being deducted from your account monthly and paid into the FG account. You are entitled to a mortgage contribution card which serves as an evidence for when the opportunity for a housing scheme comes. It also helps to get you housing loans from government.

7) You are also entitled to a yearly 20 working days leave which could be used at the discretion of your line manager or company.

8. Your company owes you an ID card. Very important. This is what shows that you are associated with your organization.

9) Your employer by law has to provide you a conducive environment which is not only safe but good for your mental health void of abuse and harassment.

10) Lastly, your employer owes you your monthly salary.

This list is by no means exhaustive but for those who don't know, I hope I am able to help a little.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by 0955eb027(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Is a contract staff entitled to all you listed there?

Cos those things are surely not obtainable in this country.

You would be surprised that the top tier companies in this country treat staff's like sh*t, especially the non-professional staff's.

1 Like

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by bossrillboss: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
ggoldmine:

... grin..den u write am just sitting dwn at home doing nothing dia.hahaha..na joke o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by zeka: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by ThatCEO: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
Boiz no wan gree hear say job no dey anywhere.
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by successking401(m): 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
dilini:

"Dear Hiring Manager

Yours sincerely,
(Your Full Names)"

1 Like

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2017
God bless you Op

1 Like

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by KingLennon(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2017
I think that cover letter is short, concise, incisive and informative. OP you have done a very job. 1 bottle of satzenbrau for you after Madrid's game

3 Likes

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by mikeycharles(m): 7:42am On Apr 18, 2017
lala kontinue this are the kind of topics we want to grace the front page
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by kings09(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2017
OP weldone
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by okonja(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2017
Cool... But all you need is GRACE, it works without protocol wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by smartty68(m): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2017
Thanks
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by girlhaley(f): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2017
Informative thread

God bless op
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by godunia(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
Just did copy and paste. Though I m employed but someone might need it. Thanks
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by iamtewwy(m): 7:47am On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by Destinylink(m): 7:48am On Apr 18, 2017
Thanks OP for this...
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by kings09(m): 7:49am On Apr 18, 2017
Must they teach evrytin. Use ur initiative na. He brought food, will he feed u as well?
ggoldmine:

1 Like

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by kings09(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2017
Stay for house n make no effort. Grace will write it 4 u
okonja:
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by papabaks(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2017
Nice...
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by QuietHammer(m): 7:55am On Apr 18, 2017
okonja:
Oh, really? The millions of graduates still searching for jobs do not have grace.

2 Likes

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by badblog: 8:00am On Apr 18, 2017
Your cover letter has not addressed anything.

A good cover letter should explain to the prospective employer why you are the best option for the job.

It should pick up some of the requirements from the job advert and explain how and when you accomplish this, this will make you stand out.

Also, I would not use the word "rewarding". no employer is looking for money focused employee, especially when they have little or no experience for the job they are applying.

- sorry for any typo's

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by ipreach: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Bookmaked
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by fitzmayowa: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by goshen26: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2017
dilini:

"Dear Hiring Manager

Yours sincerely,
(Your Full Names)"

Op, so it doesn't come with address?

Pls answer me oooo, I must have been making mistakes
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by FinallyFamous: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2017
all these story because of one job that do not even have security . were is the job self so we fit know were to carry the cover letter go?..99 chasing 1

anyways nice imprints @Op

God bless Nigeria and No where else
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by Iseoluwani: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2017
Something good came out of Nairaland

Nice op
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by ecclize: 8:18am On Apr 18, 2017
Nice
Re: Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job by bid4rich(m): 8:31am On Apr 18, 2017
No job mindset has deterred so many people from taking bold steps. In the midst of no job, people are still getting jobs with good and reasonable pay.

If you cannot get a job then check your skill level. It may mean you don't have enough skill or you don't have at all. There are jobs out there, upgrade yourself, step out with positive attitude of getting one with boldness and you will be surprise that the only problem you have all these years / month of your waiting is yourself

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Population Commission Is Accepting Cv!!! / FIRS Appointment At Last! / Interview Invite With GM GLOBAL, Is It A Scam? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.