Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? (913 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by emonkey(m): 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
More and more Pentecostal churches are preaching the payment of first fruit offerings these days. According to them this represents the entire income that you make on the first month of the year . Do note however that you will still be obliged to pay tithe on all other monthly incomes throughout the year. I think this is rather funny one way or the other . What do you say ?
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by felifeli: 7:46am On Feb 01, 2016
No opinion?
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by dorox(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2016
The pastor collecting it is wicked, while the person giving it is stupìd.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by LEVITE150: 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
it depends on where you drop the first fruit,is it a fertile land or not?
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by emonkey(m): 1:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
dorox:
The pastor collecting it is wicked, while the person giving it is stupìd.

But they say it is not compulsory o. Only give it if you don't want to remain poor. Faith in action?
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by Annunaki(m): 1:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
First fruit offering preached in churches today is pure fraud.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by Annunaki(m): 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
LEVITE150:
it depends on where you drop the first fruit,is it a fertile land or not?

This is another manipulative teaching by fraudulent preachers.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by LEVITE150: 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
Annunaki:

This is another manipulative teaching by fraudulent preachers.
Read Matt10V41,Luke6v38:if sown in the right place.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by dorox(m): 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
emonkey:

But they say it is not compulsory o. Only give it if you don't want to remain poor. Faith in action?

Therein lies the wickedness of the pastor, lying to members that by giving the little they have to him will make them rich.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by Annunaki(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
LEVITE150:

I have read both of them and their is nothing there that justifies the fraudulent first fruits being preached by some churches today. Kindly know that you are addressing a Christian who knows and understands the bible very well and not your average church goer that can be easily manipulated by half baked pastors.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by Timothy3113(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
LEVITE150:
10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by LEVITE150: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
Annunaki:

I have read both of them and their is nothing there that justifies the fraudulent first fruits being preached by some churches today. Kindly know that you are addressing a Christian who knows and understands the bible very well and not your average church goer that can be easily manipulated by half baked pastors.
Wonderful!Read Prov3v9-10
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by Annunaki(m): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
LEVITE150:
Wonderful!Read Prov3v9-10

And you read 2 Peter 2:1-3 and 1 timothy 6:5-11.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by cecegorz(m): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
They said firstfruit belongs to the PRIEST alone, so you must give it to the PRIEST. (old testament injunction)

Then I looked into the scripture and discovered that the reason was because Levitical priests owned no single meter of land, so they cannot farm for themselves, therefore God commanded that the first and the best fruits be given to them by all Isrealites as their own inheritance.

Then I asked myself, after the abolition of the Levitical Priesthood as signified by the curtain to the holy of holies tearing from top to bottom the moment Jesus died, did any of the 12 Apostles or other succeeding disciples preach firstfruits? Nah!

Then again I asked the scripture, who is the the new testament Priest, and in Rev.1vs6 he said ...'And hath made US KINGS AND PRIESTS unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen' (emphasis mine)

So, you see, WE ALL ARE PRIESTS! Don't let anybody fool you.
When you check your today's Pastors accumulations, they definitely have far more landed properties than you can even imagine, so who should pay firstfruit to each other now?

Be wise, brethren!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by emonkey(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
dorox:

Therein lies the wickedness of the pastor, lying to members that by giving the little they have to him will make them rich.

He quoted many verses of the bible though , where God demanded that you bring the first fruit which is your first profit/harvest from your endeavour . What I saw particularly wrong is that he thinks this should be done every year . I think it should be done only once if at all , unless you are changing business every year or you are a farmer harvesting every year.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by felifeli: 7:29am On Feb 02, 2016
emonkey:

He quoted many verses of the bible though , where God demanded that you bring the first fruit which is your first profit/harvest from your endeavour . What I saw particularly wrong is that he thinks this should be done every year . I think it should be done only once if at all , unless you are changing business every year or you are a farmer harvesting every year.

It is a matter of choice I think. Only give to God to the limit of your faith. All tithes, first fruit and so on are unscrupulous if demanded by any means. As someone has said any pastor who does this is a thief.
Re: What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? by Annunaki(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2016
emonkey:

He quoted many verses of the bible though , where God demanded that you bring the first fruit which is your first profit /harvest from your endeavour . What I saw particularly wrong is that he thinks this should be done every year . I think it should be done only once if at all , unless you are changing business every year or you are a farmer harvesting every year.

There is nowhere is the bible that first fruit was defined as profit, money or income. Any pastor that says so is a liar and a thief. Twisting the scriptures for his own greedy benefit.

(1) (Reply)

Tomorrow May Be Too Late….... / Jw:watchtower Study Of June 10, 2016 / See THE PROPHESIED EASTERN Gate..still Closed In Isreal Despite Civil Conflict.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.