Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. (2736 Views)

14 Good Luck Superstitions From Around The World, Country To Country. / One Word For This Weird Kind Of Kissing (Photo) / Tomorrow Is 1st April, Let's Share Some Weird Experiences.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
1: People in Spain believe that Tuesday 13th is an unlucky day.
Tuesday, which is "Martes" in Spanish, is derived from mars, which in the Middle Ages was called "little evil",l. Trezidavomartiofobia it is called.

2: In China, the number four is considered incredibly unlucky because it sounds very close to the word for "death." Some buildings even refuse to have a fourth floor.

3: Owls are said to be unlucky in Egypt, as they bring bad news for the one who happens to see or hear the bird.

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
4: They say carrying an empty bucket or even seeing someone carrying an empty bucket is a bad omen. This probably stemmed from the fact that Tsar Alexander II was assassinated by a man with an empty bucket.

4: In Rwanda, women are taught not to eat the meat of goats because eating it will cause them to grow facial hair

5: In Finland (and some other parts of the world), killing a spider means it will rain the next day.

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Destined2win: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
is that all? post more
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Synzu(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
**Seated** cool

1 Like

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
grin Interesting
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by osesology(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Where I come from, it is believed that when a child kills a frog, he is likely to bed wet that night.

2 Likes

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Mario1989(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Aiit. Interesting
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
7: In Senegal, they say to keep your travel plans to yourself. If anyone learns about your upcoming vacation or move, they say it is destined to be ruin.

8: A common belief in Malaysia is that if you sit on a pillow, it will cause your bottom and backside to be covered in boils, blisters, and other sores.

9: In France, it's believed to be good luck to step in dog poop with your left foot, but bad luck to step in it with your right.

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
osesology:
Where I come from, it is believed that when a child kills a frog, he is likely to bed wet that night.
ITS A WALL GHEKO where i come from.

1 Like

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
10: In South Korea, it is believed that running a fan in a closed room while sleeping will kill you. People in South Korea are said to only use fans in rooms with a cracked window

11: In Germany, it is bad luck to cheers with water because it is said you are literally wishing death to everyone you are drinking with.

12: In Brazil, it is bad luck to let your wallet or purse touch the floor. If it happens, the belief is that you will become a poor man

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
where i come from it is believed that girls playing a game that involves clapping their hands and using their legs to hit the ground face to face with each other attracts ghosts when played at night. "actually it seems true though.
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
13: In Denmark, they save broken dishes all year long to throw at the houses of friends and family on New Year's Eve. It's believed that the larger the amount of porcelain, the more good luck bestowed upon friends and family

14: Stepping on a crack is said to be bad luck in parts of North America. Some even say it might break your mother's back...

15: In Portugal, it is bad luck to walk backwards because it teaches the devil your path.

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by uboma(m): 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Destined2win:
is that all? post more

Show appreciation to the op for what he has posted so far and stop the rude and arrogant behaivoir.

3 Likes

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by kristen12(f): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
where i come from it is believed that girls playing a game that involves clapping their hands and using their legs to hit the ground face to face with each other attracts ghosts when played at night. "actually it seems true though.
That's ten ten nau
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
16: In Egypt, it's seen as very bad luck to open and close a pair of scissors without cutting anything. What's even worse is leaving them open! It's said that you're cutting evil spirits that linger in the air, and they'll get mad.

16: It's actually good luck to have a bird poop on you!

17: Some people in Italy are said to fear Friday the 17th because the Roman numeral XVII can be arranged to make the word "VIXI" which means "my life is over" in Latin.

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by kristen12(f): 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
That's ten ten nau
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by CaroLyner(f): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
following..............
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
#: In Nigeria, they say it is bad luck to kiss a baby on the lips, or they will grow up to be adults who drool

#: In the state of Vermont, many farmhouses built in the 19th century included slanted "witch windows" to keep witches out of the home. It was believed that witches could not fly through a tilted window.

#: In Sweden, locals are very careful about what manholes they step on, as some are marked with the letter "A" and some are marked with "K." The "K" is believed to stand for love, whereas the "A" is interpreted as a symbol for heartbreak and bad luck in love.

source: http://topratedviral.com/2015/25-strangest-superstitions-around-worlday

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by CaroLyner(f): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
nigerians believe when you sneeze someone is talking about you.lol
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
CaroLyner:

I have heard something like that but my version said it is "quip" not sneez.
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
CaroLyner:

now that's all.
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
osesology:

where be that
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:

heard that, never seen any girl do it at night.

An whistling too
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Destined2win: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
uboma:

Show appreciation to the op for what he has posted so far and stop the rude and arrogant behaivoir.
Wow...so hasty in judgement

Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by CaroLyner(f): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
blackjack21:

oh quip doesnt relate with what i wrote though.
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
kristen12:
That's ten ten nau
LOL yeah very true, u played it too?
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice, really nice but this is the wrong section.
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by blackjack21(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
sylvalord:
Nice, really nice but this is the wrong section.

Where is the right section? undecided
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
blackjack21:

Where is the right section? undecided
The GENERAL section perhaps. BTW, why is your head in an awkward position?
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by ipledge10(m): 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
blackjack21:
1: People in Spain believe that Tuesday 13th is an unlucky day
Tuesday, which is "Martes" in Spanish, is derived from mars, which in the Middle Ages was called "little evil".

2: In China, the number four is considered incredibly unlucky because it sounds very close to the word for "death." Some buildings even refuse to have a fourth floor.

3: Owls are said to be unlucky in Egypt, as they bring bad news for the one who happens to see or hear the bird.
I disconcur on bolded...it's Friday that falls on 13th
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by kristen12(f): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
LOL yeah very true, u played it too?
Yes, did you?
Re: Some Weird Superstitions Around The World. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
kristen12:
Yes, did you?
yes i did, i played it a lot with girls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TOP 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls May Find It Difficult To Get Husbands / Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady. / My Daughter Does Not Need A Lover, I Satisfy Her Sexual Needs – Nigerian Father.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.