Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) (37754 Views)

Kebbi Begins Massive Soya Beans Production / Anambra Begins Exportation Of Vegetables To US / What Agricultural Products Are Available For Export To The Usa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Schematics: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
The Pathfinder State
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Meriekriss: 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
Frank3n2:
Anambra has the best governor in the whole Nigeria!!!

Thank me later
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by enigma2007(m): 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
Some youths are funny sha! They would rather engage in tribal bashing and posturing instead of seeing this as laudable and something we should emulate in other states so that the dependency on oil can go down and more jobs created for our teeming population.

We need more agricultural entrepreneurs to meet local demands and export as well.

Also, i hope the government will put in place policies that would help the farmers to maximize their gains to encourage more production

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
chingum:

What's my problem? They steal contents from our omambala .com website yet still censor the source. If we talk they ban us, yet he won't see the rubbish his kinsmen are spewing here.

I noticed the source has been tampered with...Ok.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
Noble11:

Anu mpama

why dyu say that, ? angry
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
OAFMods:

Try get sense now. How much joy do you derive from showing off so much stupidity ?

I have said there are so many haters on this forum, whenever ibo people are trying to do something positive some haters will be rubbishing them.

Is exporting vegetables not better than doing yahoo yahoo and burying juju in peoples compounds. Rubbish. angry

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Eluwilussit(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
doyinisaac:
Am a Yoruba guy but honestly I salute your stupidity because your foolishness is foolishly foolish.....

Boy you get yarns o! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by YaksonFCA(m): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Saved2Serve: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
it is inherent...auto-immune.. take it easy on him..
OAFMods:

Try get sense now. How much joy do you derive from showing off so much stupidity ?
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by kayfra: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
MyGeneration:
What obiano needs to do is meet with his anambra brothers both home and abroad, d importer's and exporter's and give them reasons to start manufacturing those things they import, even if its possible build d factory for them then lease it out to them to pay back the money in time, then capture the Nigerian market lagos wud be d first after filling up d ss/se market we head to lagos.
The arrangement wud be instead of importing from over seas u import from anambra and distribute in Lagos and Sw.

It would be laudable.That is where each state should go, reduce the pressure on forex by less imports of finished goods. Manufacture, assemble, just do part of the production line locally and the country will be blessed. We all want progress for Nigeria. A lot of lives were lost to keep the country together.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by babayinka77(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
raker300:
Success story from Ministry of Agriculture

The Anambra State Ministry of Agriculture has successfully assisted some rural farmers export  pumpkin leaves (Ugu) and bitter leaves (Onugbu) into United Kingdom on the 21st Jan 2016. This was done in partnership with some offtake and logistic companies.

To achieve this, the  Federal Quarantine Agency visited Anambra severally to inspect and certify various farms to ensure they are fit for the purpose. The first set of participating farmers have been trained to produce vegetables of high quality without applying fertilizers and other chemicals. The vegetables are therefore classified as 100% organic. 

This is only the beginning as plans are on top gear to increase vegetable production exponentially and make Anambra a top vegetable export state.

http:///forum/agriculture/anambra-begins-vegetable-export-uk-0
This is a good news. I pray other state governments will learn from this idea and help the farmers in their respective states. one major problem of farming in Nigeria is how to sell your produce and if government is ready to take care of that aspect, a lot of pple would go into farming and before you know it, Nigeria will become the food basket of west Africa. Kudos to Anambra State.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by brojoshua: 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Good, most Nigerians food are also eaten in almost all parts of the world, by Nigerians and all other peoples. So let Nigerians and Nigeria go to work and produce plenty of vegetables, fruits like pineapple, oranges, bananas..., yam, palm oil and so on and export to all the world as she used to do cocoa, ground nuts and co. Go for good farming and export
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Masterclass32: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
cheesy
integrity504:
instead of u to give kudos to them for diversifying nigeria economy...u ar here claiming monopoly of stupidity back 2 back
cheesy
integrity504:
instead of u to give kudos to them for diversifying nigeria economy...u ar here claiming monopoly of stupidity back 2 back

Hehehe ... Guy, u no get joy o! Imagine someone claiming monopoly of stupidity. I'd rather not drag the thing with him. He can have it all.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by DeltaOil: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
The Land locked land will do well. smiley

Notice Germany too is land locked . grin

I thank goodness we the south-south stand with the south-east

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by FRANKOXY(m): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
The light of the nation is shining brighter.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by saintmark88(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adaezeagu:
Anybody that will insult my tribe eh e don be for the person

Ehn ehn, buh ur tribe pple sabi insult oda pple tribe esp Hausa n Yoruba...
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Rubyventures: 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is very good news, we should try and increase our exports
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
raker300:
Success story from Ministry of Agriculture

The Anambra State Ministry of Agriculture has successfully assisted some rural farmers export  pumpkin leaves (Ugu) and bitter leaves (Onugbu) into United Kingdom on the 21st Jan 2016. This was done in partnership with some offtake and logistic companies.

To achieve this, the  Federal Quarantine Agency visited Anambra severally to inspect and certify various farms to ensure they are fit for the purpose. The first set of participating farmers have been trained to produce vegetables of high quality without applying fertilizers and other chemicals. The vegetables are therefore classified as 100% organic. 

This is only the beginning as plans are on top gear to increase vegetable production exponentially and make Anambra a top vegetable export state.

http:///forum/agriculture/anambra-begins-vegetable-export-uk-0
I hope this translates to prosperity for the poor in Anambra: In their lifetime
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by maradonat(m): 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
God bless Nigeria as a country and Nigerian in general.
All level of government should embrace this....
Songhai institute should be in all state, so people could go and learn on how to upgrade themselves in Agriculture
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by yudee233: 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
doyinisaac:
Am a Yoruba guy but honestly I salute your stupidity because your foolishness is foolishly foolish.....

This is how it is supposed to be total condemnation irrespective of tribe we are NIGERIANS. Hopefully this condemnation will follow when an Ibo or hausa tribe write nonsense insulting Nigerians
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by namdo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
missyadorable:
NDLEA should be very watchful and be involved in checking the so called vegetable Anambra people say they are exporting

Tje British govt should have a high index of suspicion

Coming from Nigeria,from Igbo people,Anambra for that matter...

It may just be a cover for drug trafficking

These people are not to be trusted
(ewu)^1000. Is that all you could say about a legit effort?
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Baroba(m): 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
obailala:
I feel deeply pained whenever I look through the shelves in the UK and most of the local foods (banga, poundo, egusi, vegetables, fruits etc) you find are imported from Ghana, Cameroon etc. I keep asking myself what Nigeria ever exports.

Am not sure what part of the UK you reside bro, but i see good amount of food stuff coming from Nigeria.. Olu foods surely ain't Ghanaian and he is very big. The only food stuff Ghanaians have an upper hand is that their puna yam....You will find fresh Nigerian vegetables ( all types) in major ethnic shops/ markets in London and surrounding counties.. The use to come in every Thursday via KLM but these days you get them mostly everyday..

Kudos to Anambara government, this is a welcome development, there is huge potential in food export to Europe and North America considering the huge population of Nigerians in diaspora..

Na Avocados i want to see here, that thing is freaking expensive here, one large cados is almost 450 naira equivalent and is not even as savoury as the one in my Villa.. It's very versatile, can be used as spreads, in salads, dips ( guacamole)

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Chikeluba25(m): 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
Meriekriss:

Guess you are happy now right? Everyone is quoting you,...See how you succeeded in derailing this nice thread..

Bia, let me ask...Is Anambra the only state with a sensible governor? The state is all rounder with a team of focused leaders....Anambra ride one..Proud to come from that state..Obiano/Peter Obi and even Ngige to an extent all did their parts and have really moved Anambra to the next level..

If Anambra gets that seaport, then its all over...
My brother d blessings of God will never depart from ur home. U just speak my mind. I don't know why our bros hv chosen to divert this glorious point by quoting that illiterate. My God bless nd reward Dr. Willie Obiano.the only working gov. In Africa.....WILLIE IS WORKING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by tpiar: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
I was looking for Quality Control Agency in the write up but all I saw was Federal Quarantine.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by HomeOfMe(f): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
coolzeal:
I thought they say "Igbolands are not fertile enough for Agricultural produce" lol... We want Seaport and functioning International Airport in the East. sad sad
If an airport and seaport are sighted in the east,especially anambra,it wld really help ease the pain of both exporters and importers who live there and also further develop the south-east.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Greenrevolt(m): 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
News like this, is why I never hesistate to say I am from Anambra.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Chikeluba25(m): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Uchwilliam:
KUDOS TO MY EMINENT AND VIBRANT GOVERNO<SIR OBIANO
THE BEST GOVERNOR FROM BIAFRA LAND
Have u ever wonded why ANAMBRA is call LIGHT OF THE NATION? Kudos to his Excellency Dr. Willie M Obiano,the only gov that barbs with parting on his hare. By the time he is done with his first tenure,i wonder what APC nd PDP will campaign with, becos there will be nothing left for them to get ppl with.is it Education,Security,Agriculture,Industry,Road....what hv u APGA have it all.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by obailala(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Baroba:

Am not sure what part of the UK you reside bro, but i see good amount of food stuff coming from Nigeria.. Olu foods surely ain't Ghanaian and he is very big. The only food stuff Ghanaians have an upper hand is that their puna yam....You will find fresh Nigerian vegetables ( all types) in major ethnic shops/ markets in London and surrounding counties.. The use to come in every Thursday via KLM but these days you get them mostly everyday..

Kudos to Anambara government, this is a welcome development, there is huge potential in food export to Europe and North America considering the huge population of Nigerians in diaspora..

Yes Olu Olu has a good market but the next time you go into those shops, just take a look at most of the labels one by one and you would be shocked where most of those items you buy come from including simple things like garri or palm oil. I once saw tinned banga paste which had 'Nigeria' written on it, but upon reading the label, I realised it was Nigerian palm fruit processed to a paste and tinned in Ghana; I was sad. There is really no reason why the bananas on the shelves in tesco/asda etc should not be from Nigeria, but if you check, they are mostly from Cameroon, Ivory coast or Columbia. The truth is that we can do much more than we are doing presently.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by Chikeluba25(m): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
babayinka77:

This is a good news. I pray other state governments will learn from this idea and help the farmers in their respective states. one major problem of farming in Nigeria is how to sell your produce and if government is ready to take care of that aspect, a lot of pple would go into farming and before you know it, Nigeria will become the food basket of west Africa. Kudos to Anambra State.
Have u ever wondered why Anambra is called Light Of The Nation? Kudos to his Excellency Gov. Willie Obiano,the only governor that barbs with parting on his head. By the time Akpokwedike is done with his first tenure,i wonder what APC nd PDP will campaign with. There ill be nothing left for them to get ppl with.is it Education,Security,Agriculture,road,industry...what have u? APGA hv it all.
Re: Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) by calcal: 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
produce of Anambra. Great!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Thread For My New Platain, Cucumber And Watermelon Farm Project With Picture / Floods Submerge Olam Rice Farm in Nasarawa / Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.