Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari (8554 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Lay Claim To Ownership Of Benue Valley, Vow To Mobilise Herdsmen / Militant Group Orders All Niger Deltans To Return Home, Declares War On Nigeria / Fuel Hike Makes Deltans To Pay Higher Price In Delta State Govt Urban Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
doyinisaac:
Yes...
you're mad! quote me at your own risk! angry
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by naso2(m): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
so they fought for oil? hmmmmm
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by adconline(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
So it's all about oil?? Naija exists today because of Oil!!
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Dfinex(f): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
it's quite a shame that while other countries of the world are striving very hard to better their economy through diversification and other socio-economic developmental strategies. ..our own country and it's leaders are busy arguing over the ownership of crude oil whose market price is nosediving at the speed of light with no hope of it getting better ... ......*sighs* it is well with Nigeria.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by xtrorple: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North!!! The North Has Spoken: https://www.nairaland.com/2259842/nigerias-crude-oil-belongs-north

One of the lead speakers at the Northern Leaders’ Conference, Usman Bugaje, has raised a controversial issue on the ownership of Nigeria’s crude oil domiciled majorly in the Niger Delta region.
According to him, it is wrong for any state to claim that it is oil producing because 72% of the total land mass in the country belonged to the North and that by the United Nation’s law; it is only the North that actually has the right to claim ownership.
Dr. Bugaje, in his presentation, insisted that “there are no oil producing states.” He argued that “the only oil producing state is the Nigerian state itself.”...
He further maintained, “What they claim is the off shore oil is actually the oil of the North” contending that “we should stop using these terms that have no sense at all. There are no oil producing states.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/03/11/bugaje-says-nigerias-crude-oil-belongs-to-the-north/?fb_action_ids=10205178164830228&fb_action_types=og.c
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by xtrorple: 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Find the video clip of a Fulani Lawmaker arrogantly claiming that the crude oil in Bayelsa State belongs to Jigawa State:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U

https://www.nairaland.com/1023437/oil-producing-states-cornered-nations

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by nwadiuko1(m): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adminisher:

Anything on the surface belongs to the individuals, state government, community, families . If you see anybody grazing on your land throw them out.
he said who owns the COWS
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by sanandreas(m): 4:19am On Feb 02, 2016
MonPro:

You really think Buhari will relinquish power easily? A fulani man? Why do you think he engineering the exit of Nigeria from ICC? You were used during the election, you've been DUPED AND DUMPED. Fulani will only leave power by the barrel of the gun. The south and the middle-belt must start thinking and very fast too.

I conducted elections. i never voted for him and will never vote him in near future except he fulfil is promises
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Alaanyihaji(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
eagleeye2:
grin Buhari their god.......... Nigeria is one when it comes to oil, but some people belongs to the 5% When it comes to development.
you mean it?
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
The key word is "those of us who fought the 30month war".

This class of Nigerians are the ones who find it irritating that Delta people have indigeneous rights to their oil.

This is what I call semantics and rhetorics. Let me wait and watcj to see how elders of delta will respond before I give opinion..
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Vulu: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
The key word is "those of us who fought the 30month war".

This class of Nigerians are the ones who find it irritating that Delta people have indigeneous rights to their oil.

This is what I call semantics and rhetorics. Let me wait and watcj to see how elders of delta will respond before I give opinion..

yoruba! kai!
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Vulu:

yoruba! kai!

I be Yoruba but i did not fight in the war. So this magana of irritation no include me.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by coolscott(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
Adminisher:

The oil does not belong to the people of the Niger Delta. It belongs to Nigeria . This is clear and ongoing. Nigeria has abused the land of the Niger Delta people and should be paying rent for surface rights and access rights. However where the oil is ; in the deep dark bowels of the earth 2km down is not Niger Delta at all
The oil belongs to the FG by law and shared with the companies that risked billions of dollars to look for the oil and are keeping hardworking engineers and scientists busy 24/7 for years to produce it. That business takes years to even break even and start making profit.
That 2km rule did not exist before. It was only created after oil was found and as Nigeria began abandoning the things that provided foreign exchange for us in the past
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by coolscott(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Adminisher:

Very intelligent question .
The oil reverts to the legal entity that replaces Nigeria.
However if Nigeria divides, (which will never happen) legally the FG and Shell/Agip/Total/Local oil producing companies are going you slap a law suit on the entity that claims ownership and ask for compensation running into hundreds of billions. Let me tell you, as at now Shell is claiming a part of the crude oil reserves in many countries as part of its company assets. Those reserves are in many Sovereign countries where they have formed JV or are doing PSC. Part Niger Delta oil reserves are being quoted (legally) as Shell held reserves. No law broken. They have spent billions of dollars on exploration.
God has not created another planet for Nigerians so that we can escape international law and ways of going things.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by dungas30(m): 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Calebsky:

Bless your thoughts brotherly.

The oil belongs to the niger delta.

The legal standpoint.
dat Maxim simply means Wats so ever belongs to the land belongs to the land owner. But the question here is who is the land owner? Go back to ur land use act. An u wll no who is the land owner( all belong to the government bro)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe: Obi Made No Deal With Atiku / New Nnpc Gmd Fires 15 Top Staff: 14 Of Them From The South / Amotekun Caught 17 Chinese Men Inside Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.