Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th - Jobs/Vacancies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th (121703 Views)

IITA Is Recruiting, Closes On 30th November And 8th December. / Npower Online Test Closes On October 25: Makeup Test Ongoing / Registration For Aso Villa Demo Day Closes 12 Midnight Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Eckzavia(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
awesomeJ:

But looking at any this group's financials, one can comfortably say that all is well. The group has a huge leverage, in that the bulk of the materials and labour consumed is locally sourced. Even the chairman Aliko himself said earlier this year that he was not affected by the forex crisis, since 80% of the forex he needs is just to pay expats. For the half year 2016, sales were over #290billion, compared to #230bn made in the corresponding period of 2015. There was also about #8billion recorded as forex gains from offshore operations.

The dream is for the academy to grow to a university by 2020. In Feb this year, there was a major MoU signed by the group with the Germans concerning the running of the academy. VTS- the program for the OND guys has not be holding for some time now. So GETS is the major essence of the academy for now, and given the level of investments made so far, we can be sure GETS will hold, and it will soon.
To handle the issue of the prolonged wait, this is what I will say:
If you know you really aced the test, and there's nothing that can make you score below say 60%, then relax, and get engaged with something while you wait. If however, you're only hoping to pass, then you may want to forget GETS already- pretend you never applied.
Also, If your confidence is in God concerning this, and you're sure He wants it for you, then also relax, stay in faith, and engage yourself with something while you wait-that makes the wait easier.

I hope to see us all in November. Sleep well

Errm pls. Duyu know if Lagos is the only test center?. .. Was invited too buh I stay in Abuja
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Eckzavia(m): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Please I want to know for those that have written before. Is Lagos the only test center for the exam?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by bwaley(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Can anyone help to confirm wat d renumeration is after the training..... I know d training is 80k
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Eckzavia:
Please I want to know for those that have written before. Is Lagos the only test center for the exam?

No,there are only two centers ...obajana(kogi state) and Dangote plant ikeja ,Lagos
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by tafrica(m): 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
Wish everyone the very best.

Aremu01, how far? did you apply and get invited?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Aremu01(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
tafrica:
Wish everyone the very best.

Aremu01, how far? did you apply and get invited?
I am Mech bro, already wrote...
Success to everyone...
Make sure y'all read wide...
I rmbr seeing chemistry questions
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
I wrote MECH test, with so many chemistry questions : Chemical guys should go and prepare with Mechanics questions. It's inversely proportional, Dangote Standard.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by aphrodisiac(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello guys. I got an invite for the test too. #teamchemicalengineering.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by tafrica(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2016
Aremu01:

I am Mech bro, already wrote...
Success to everyone...
Make sure y'all read wide...
I rmbr seeing chemistry questions

Ok Bro,
please, are GETS products basically deployed to Dangote Cement or any sector of Dangote Group?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Aremu01(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2016
tafrica:

Ok Bro,
please, are GETS products basically deployed to Dangote Cement or any sector of Dangote Group?
Not necessarily cement o. We were told anywhere!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Some guys like emmabod,Gnen, Kecy19 & Eckzavia sent me private messages (PM). I guess it's in connection with GETS test. Network was bad so I couldn't access the messages.
To that effect, here are the tips to help you guys pass the test: prepare with GMAT especially the field based aspect and also read some psychometric charts (abstract reasoning).

Try and ace the test, those who wrote in May(mech,mining, Automobile plus chemical & electrical guys that gatecrashed at Obajana test centre) didn't do quite well in the test according to information from an inside source, though the overall best did excellently well.He scored 73%, right now he is on the merit list, the interview will just be a formality for him.
You guys should try and do well in the test because they aggregate the test and interview scores in order to determine the overall baseline score to use in determining those who will be selected for the trainee programme.

Hopefully, two weeks after you guys's test(elect & Chem guys) all the departments (mech,mining, elect & Chem) will be invited for the oral interview at the same time.

BEST WISHES!!!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Ukeachu1(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2016
agwuabia:
Some guys like emmabod,Gnen, Kecy19 & Eckzavia sent me private messages (PM). I guess it's in connection with GETS test. Network was bad so I couldn't access the messages.
To that effect, here are the tips to help you guys pass the test: prepare with GMAT especially the field based aspect and also read some psychometric charts (abstract reasoning).

Try and ace the test, those who wrote in May(mech,mining, Automobile plus chemical & electrical guys that gatecrashed at Obajana test centre) didn't do quite well in the test according to information from an inside source, though the overall best did excellently well.He scored 73%, right now he is on the merit list, the interview will just be a formality for him.
You guys should try and do well in the test because they aggregate the test and interview scores in order to determine the overall baseline score to use in determining those who will be selected for the trainee programme.

Hopefully, two weeks after you guys's test(elect & Chem guys) all the departments (mech,mining, elect & Chem) will be invited for the oral interview at the same time.

BEST WISHES!!!

having read all UV written so far... ur one of these three options.
1. Damgote himself.
2. a direct relative of Dangote.( son or brother)
3. u work with the CIA.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2016
agwuabia:

BEST WISHES!!!
so there wont be another baych....i still havnt gotten an invite
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Gnen: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
agwuabia:

BEST WISHES!!!
I hail the Boss....We shall overcome one day and testify...Thanks Boss.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by kecy19(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks guy, u've been a blessing to us all. We wld do our very best leaving Jehovah to do the rest. Thanks once more.
agwuabia:

BEST WISHES!!!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
agwuabia:

BEST WISHES!!!

Thanks Boss.
you are the best. you've done a lot already!!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by apheyz(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
agwuabia:

BEST WISHES!!!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by lanrewealth: 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for the info. but still need ur assistance. Pls I ll appreciate if anyone that has GMATH could snap the chemical engineering questions there and send it to me @ denisjoe2005@yahoo.ie

Thanks as I anticipate your timeous response.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by rhajaan(m): 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
[b]It's going to be Gmat. Two parts.
First part, 60 questions comprises of general knowlege and general engineering knowledge.

Second part, 20 questions on your discipline.
Bro prepare for everything and prepare well.
If you really want the GETS, don't loose the chance. You will calculate alot but trust me it could be easy.
Prepare for numerical and verbal reasoning, then browse through your mechanical Engineering courses very well.
cos the moment u tinking u are killing turbines from ur area, steel from chem abi i dont know comes in, it was just too many random questions. except dem normal O level chem P1V1 kini, and diagrammatic, and some normal maths .. then the area of specialization part was generally easy. my mining was like german or choose ansa, or true or false. buh was still easy esp wen compared to the first general part.
There's nothing misleading about the information. I wrote mine in lagos and prior to handing out the question papers, the lady coordinating the exam took about 30mins to explain the whole GETS programme; the vision, the selection process,....etc. She insisted that we the candidates ask any question about the program rather than reading stuffs on social media. She told us that the next batch for this year would be for chemical and electrical engineers. So I would suggest that guys from those discipline start preparing. The exam was purely academic covered topics from 100L-400L... at least as much as I can remember. And it covered several courses.
The lady also told us that the cut off mark was subject to general performance. And those who eventually scale the test and interview would be taken to Obajana, where they would be trained for 12 months, after which the trainees would be absored to any of the dangote subsidiaries where vacancies exist. She told us this year is the 5th batch since the commencement of GETS. All trainees from the 1st to 2 batches were absorbed 80% and 75% of the 3rd and 4th batch respectively. According to her the trainees would be evaluated quarterly and the overall performance determines if one would eventually get absorbed in any of the dangote subsidiaries. In other words it's not enough scaling the hurdle of test and interview. The academy is also another hurdle. Accommodation and transportation during the 12 months program is free and a stipend of 80k would be provided to each of the trainees. Trainees would also be given 2weeks leave, the timing of which is at the trainee's perogative

To that effect, here are the tips to help you guys pass the test: prepare with GMAT especially the field based aspect and also read some psychometric charts (abstract reasoning). ABOUT LOCATIION
Bros Tis simple...
From Oshodi, enter ikeja inside or ikeja along, if tis ikeja along, cross the railway and trek to ikeja inside "under bridge " from there ask anybody you wanna take keke napep going to Oba Akran and tell the keke man that you wanna drop for Dangote agro sack main gate.
Tis even Trekkable if you are not a butter guy... From there you can still shadow many companies lined up for that Oba Akran road.
[/b]
THE ABOVE SUMMARIZES THE WHOLE THREAD......#TEAMELECT..Wishing us success

5 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by kecy19(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lets all pray against the spirit of rain

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2016
After the test, come here to give feedbacks: not that all of una wey dey ask questions now go come go sabbatical lipsrsealed

And ask when interview mails will be rolled out. You will go through a brief introduction before the test, questions will be allowed : make clarifications on issues raised here. cool
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Electronzeez(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
I am really disappointed to share this , I just go to know I have a test this morning and I am not anywhere close to the test venue . Please do I have any second chance angry
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by aphrodisiac(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2016
Electronzeez:
I am really disappointed to share this , I just go to know I have a test this morning and I am not anywhere close to the test venue . Please do I have any second chance angry
thats sad. cheer up bro.
when did you get the email?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by rhajaan(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2016
Test finished....Dangote HR did a nice job...Calmed us down by throwing the field open to questions....For electrical guys....indianbix.com was a wonderful companion ....Really helped

For d general part....it is just as said earlier...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2016
rhajaan:
Test finished....Dangote HR did a nice job...Calmed us down by throwing the field open to questions....For electrical guys....indianbix.com was a wonderful companion ....Really helped

Any questions asked about when to expect their feedback?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Electronzeez(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2016
aphrodisiac:

thats sad. cheer up bro.
when did you get the email?

The mail came in 15 of September but I normally check that particular email id I use twice or once every month based on the fact that I use it for job hunt only .
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Electronzeez(m): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
rhajaan:

Good luck bro , I can see you in the academy already .
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by aphrodisiac(m): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
I got the invite but had to reschedule the test because lagos is too far from where i stay. So they sent me a mail that they will be conducting another test @ Ubajana soon, and that they will let me know when it will take place. Please did any one write his/her test @ Ubajana today?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
Why nobody has come out to share the outcome of the test? Could it be as a result of the toughness of the questions? You guys were given tips on what to prepare with unlike the Mech guys that wrote in may.
Well, the truth is that one cannot easily pass the test unless one has prepared well before the test using the right material, in this case GMAT as earlier said ,because the formulars required to solve those calculations cannot easily be remembered under examination condition.

All the same I wish you guys all the best, although I am sure those of you who prepared well will still come out gallantly.

Success to you guys!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
agwuabia:
Why nobody has come out to share the outcome of the test? Could it be as a result of the toughness of the questions? You guys were given tips on what to prepare with unlike the Mech guys that wrote in may.
Well, the truth is that one cannot easily pass the test unless one has prepared well before the test using the right material, in this case GMAT as earlier said ,because the formulars required to solve those calculations cannot easily be remembered under examination condition.

All the same I wish you guys all the best, although I am sure those of you who prepared well will still come out gallantly.

Success to you guys!!!

Before the test they will be requesting for some answers here, but after the test they won't even come to give feedback, nawa!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Abbies: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
haha! maybe cos the lady told us their PR team checks nairaland lol but anyway it was difficult for me, we had just two sections, general engineering knowledge and engineering questions based on your discipline. I was just staring, it is well sha. Lets wait for the results. Thank you

agwuabia:

Success to you guys!!!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Abbies: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
we are still recovering hehe

wapadunk:

Before the test they will be requesting for some answers here, but after the test they won't even come to give feedback, nawa!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply)

2016 Nigerian Police Recruitment Form - All Required Documents - A Must Read! / Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) / 2015 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Is Now On!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.