Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence (8307 Views)

Pictorial Evidence Kanu Is Keeping To His Bail Terms / Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe / Another APC Lies Busted (pictorial Evidence Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Saladin25(m): 6:33am On Feb 02, 2016
LadyExcellency:
Acquisition by force of arms.
Proceeds from slavery and colonialism.

Man's Inhumanity to another.
you make sense girl
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Saladin25(m): 6:40am On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:
Am not trying to spite Ibadan for any reason...one of the most disorganise state capital is Ibadan...just tour round the city and see how people build houses recklessly without recourse to proper town planning...

Everybody wanna be called Landlord and Landlady, and they build all manners of houses with clumsy outlook, even without road network.

It will take more than 50 years for any serious government to correct the anomalies associated with irregular overflow of discordant houses in Ibadan, and Nigeria at large
Disorganised but had the first TV station in Africa, Ibadan had the first skyscraper in Nigeria, first university. So, GRA in Ibadan is not well planned. Oga tell me your state of origin first.

1 Like

Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by meforyou1(m): 6:48am On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:
Am not trying to spite Ibadan for any reason...one of the most disorganise state capital is Ibadan...just tour round the city and see how people build houses recklessly without recourse to proper town planning...

Everybody wanna be called Landlord and Landlady, and they build all manners of houses with clumsy outlook, even without road network.

It will take more than 50 years for any serious government to correct the anomalies associated with irregular overflow of discordant houses in Ibadan, and Nigeria at large
true talk
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by kolaaderin: 7:18am On Feb 02, 2016
Lumiere91:
In donald trumps voice"blacks are lazy,they only know how to make love".
A black nigga must have been doing his wife configuration like a Profesional right in his present.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by JingoOAU(m): 7:21am On Feb 02, 2016
Saladin25:

Disorganised but had the first TV station in Africa, Ibadan had the first skyscraper in Nigeria, first university. So, GRA in Ibadan is not well planned. Oga tell me your state of origin first.

I stays in Airport road and I know what am saying....theres no proper planning in IB and the better we agree at that...people are in hurry to build houses without recourse to planning....you can only talk of GRA, Oluyole extension and estate, bodija, probably new road and very few other places...you can never know ibadan more than me...
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by hrhobi1(m): 7:49am On Feb 02, 2016
There's only one solution to Nigeria, sell the country to either China. USA or England.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by opey25(m): 8:08am On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:

I stays in Airport road and I know what am saying....theres no proper planning in IB and the better we agree at that...people are in hurry to build houses without recourse to planning....you can only talk of GRA, Oluyole extension and estate, bodija, probably new road and very few other places...you can never know ibadan more than me...
where is airport road in ibadan? Try to be specific.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Sealeddeal(m): 8:26am On Feb 02, 2016
Saladin25:

what kind of silly response is this?
Do having a first TV station or First university have anything to do with how a city is organised? So,you also mean that the GRA in Ibadan is the reason why ibadan is a city?
Ibadan of 2016 is a slum to Beijing of 1000AD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Sealeddeal(m): 8:29am On Feb 02, 2016
hrhobi1:
There's only one solution to Nigeria, sell the country to either China. USA or England.
i support your assertion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by lekxaid007(m): 8:40am On Feb 02, 2016
Chai Nigerians!!. Na You Go Say Nigeria No Good, And Buhari They Probe Corrupt Citizen, Na You Still Go Say He Wahala Too Much...So Tell Me How Nigeria Will Be Good.
#God Bless My Fatherland
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by JingoOAU(m): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2016
opey25:
where is airport road in ibadan? Try to be specific.

U can get me in Olalere estate, Oniyanrin, airport road....guess that solves ur curiosity
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by simpleseyi: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2016
EasternPride:
"Black Africans are perpetually backward and primitive, Africa is irredeemable and zoo is everything wrong with black Africa.....ndi isi ojii!!!!" - Nnamdi Kanu, 13 Dec 2014.

Have you taken breakfast to your albino lord and saviour in the zoo's cage before he starts eating paper like Olisah Metuselah?
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:

how many state capitals have you been to before u open ur brain and type wubbish...have u been to Minna? Ilorin? Abeokuta? Osogbo? Warri?...come here n be typing story...Kano?
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Rossikk(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Thats why i have said that Nigeria would have been a better country if Britain is still ruling over nigeria today.
Op,Rome of 650AD was better than any city in Nigeria today. I still find it difficult to understand why Blacks seems not technologically inclined. We are suffering from dearth of technology,Mediocrity and inability to lead.
My friend shut your slave trap. Britain ruled Nigeria from 1897 to 1960. 63 years uninterrupted. Yet when they left we had not one university. Not one major power plant. Not one expressway. Not a single major hospital. The majority lived in village huts. With mass illiteracy + malnutrition. Yet they exported our resources annually worth countless billions. What happened to the money? Since the white is your god, how come Nigeria was an undeveloped bush after 63 years of white rule? And what was in Rome in 650 AD? Olodo. If they dumped your assss in the Rome of 650 AD you couldn't last 10 minutes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Remii(m): 9:37am On Feb 02, 2016
best comparison is between Lagos in 1930 and now
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by SmartMugu: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Foxflames:
I just want to find out why Nigeria or should I say black are still underdeveloped. What's the problem. I mean what is so difficult in planing a city and sticking to the plan. London of 1930 had street lights with underground wiring system already in place. The roads were well built with sidewalks for pedestrians. In Nigeria, roads are built with no sidewalks, why haven't Nigerian civil enginners thought about adding side walks to road. Small issues like this speaks a lot about our Nation, Nigeria. Look at BVN or MTN sim registration. The crowd management is zero. If it were western countries, the crowd will be well controlled and stress free.
If roads in Nigeria were built with sidewalks, I guess it's an opportunity for traders, shoemakers, craftmen etc to mount their tents on the sidewalks - free human traffic; which defeats the purpose.

On the underground wiring system, with the way electricity is currently distributed via overhead means, people still steal cables and tap into electricity illegally, not to talk about what happens to what is buried underground. Illegal crude oil theft from oil pipelines comes to mind.

Our mentalities need to be straightened up first of all.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2016
SmartMugu:

If roads in Nigeria were built with sidewalks, I guess it's an opportunity for traders, shoemakers, craftmen etc to mount their tents on the sidewalks - free human traffic; which defeats the purpose.

On the underground wiring system, with the way electricity is currently distributed via overhead means, people still steal cables and tap into electricity illegally, not to talk about what happens to what is buried underground. Illegal crude oil theft from oil pipelines comes to mind.

Our mentalities need to be straightened up first of all.

Lol, this is so true and after blocking the side walk they will quarrel with any commuter coming close to their wares on the road and when a governor tries to chase them away an opposition party will say they don't have human face. That is Nigeria.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Rossikk(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2016
django1:

Lol, this is so true and after blocking the side walk they will quarrel with any commuter coming close to their wares on the road and when a governor tries to chase them away an opposition party will say they don't have human face. That is Nigeria.
They are not used to the sidewalks. That's why. When your white ogas built roads in Nigeria, they didn't build them the way they did in the op's picture of London with nice sidewalks etc. They used open gutter system for us, so that's what we inherited. But now we are gradually moving away from that level. Thank God for independence!
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Saladin25(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2016
Sealeddeal:
what kind of silly response is this?
Do having a first TV station or First university have anything to do with how a city is organised? So,you also mean that the GRA in Ibadan is the reason why ibadan is a city?
Ibadan of 2016 is a slum to Beijing of 1000AD
You made a fallacious statement of generalization. It seems you don't know where they call a slum. Go to Ajegunle, Badia, Bariga in Lagos that is called a slum
Does that mean the whole Lagos is a slum. Mr Man know the kind of words you use. You might say some places are not well planned but that doesn't know mean is a slum. Some part of Lagos Island have a poor drainage system does that make Lagos a slum.
Stop generalizing had it been have never been to Ibadan now I won't be here countering you.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Saladin25(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:

Oga you don't what they call slum. Come to some part of Lagos you will run. ese onibale
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Chukazu: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2016
the truth is that we have failed to develop.. and has nothing to do with colonial carnage.
the likes of Singapore and Malaysia were also colonized and yet they have all left us behind.
we can only blame our misery on "visionless" leadership.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Fulaman198(m): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2016
Too many slaves in this thread
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Olabestonic001(m): 11:14am On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:

That's unfair to Ibadan. I'm from Ibadan and I thought Ibadan was a very rough city for a long time. But about 3 years ago, I stayed in a location of choice in Ibadan and since, I just wanna stay at Ibadan.
it really depends on what you chose to see. Op painted London as an Eldorado but forgot that Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist told us more about some "unsung" parts in London.
Do you know that some people in Lagos don't know the Glory of Lagos while some in exotic areas do not know about the slums of Lagos? It all depends on what you search out for.
Let's search out for the best so that we can build this country together.

1 Like

Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by blackmantis: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2016
The African Sun is too hot!

It can fry brain cells............
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by google1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
blackmantis:
The African Sun is too hot!

It can fry brain cells............
I can't stop laughing, Mr man what do you mean
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Rossikk(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chukazu:
the truth is that we have failed to develop.. and has nothing to do with colonial carnage.
the likes of Singapore and Malaysia were also colonized and yet they have all left us behind.
we can only blame our misery on "visionless" leadership.
Research before typing rubbish. The 3 or 4 Asian tiger nations were deliberately made capitalist strongholds. After WW2 the victorious allies decided to create capitalist outposts in East Asia to serve as a bulwark against communism. They chose 3 or 4 nations there and granted them unprecedented financing, technology transfer, and unfettered access to western markets. This transformed them into tiger economies. Their neighbouring Asian nations like Burma, North Korea, Vietnam, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan etc were left out of this western largesse, which explains why their development is so far behind the tigers, and even behind many African nations.
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by stzy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Generally we are 500 yrs behind the whites... There is this sense. Of cleanliness that white possesses. Even if the. Person is poor. Here in Africa even the rich hardly maintains neat environment... That's. Why u will see someone drive through shitty muddy road and enter his mansion. U see someones kitchen filled with 1 week old refuse he refused 2 dump ... Dats why we dump refuse in the street n u see people climing it just 2 pass.... I am compelled. To believe that whites have advanced optical sense organ which helps them see. Lots of microbes inhabiting in those shitty environment n do their nest to erradicate it... Pls note that there are more animals. We cannot see than the 1s we can see... Let's keep clean and we'llhave hope of closing the gap
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by oteneaaron(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Read your bible ye christians....... Noah cursed canaan....nd our colonial fathers made us believe the white race were d cursed ones...but alas......we were cursed........

There is no two ways abt it.......we as d children of Ham hav refused to grow wit d world.......

It willl take africa 1000years to reach where Europe, Asia, and the Americas hav been.

We are just to stubborn to admit it.

The solution

We need to be colonized all over...(at least till d end, not like d premature "independence" we had)

.....naija....
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by gmaribel(m): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
google1:
I can't stop laughing, Mr man what do you mean
I think he has a point. Is it a coincidence that the most undeveloped parts of the world are in the tropics. Even in Africa check out north Africa Egypt Tunisia etc....and South Africa in terms of organization. They don't even resemble Africans
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by JingoOAU(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
gmyguy:
how many state capitals have you been to before u open ur brain and type wubbish...have u been to Minna? Ilorin? Abeokuta? Osogbo? Warri?...come here n be typing story...Kano?

Why is it that modern traditions doesn't beckon on small boys like you to talk to elders with manners

If you are truly a descendant of Oduduwa, u should learn manners...learn to talk without name calling...am old enough to be your dad's brother
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
JingoOAU:

Why is it that modern traditions doesn't beckon on small boys like you to talk to elders with manners

If you are truly a descendant of Oduduwa, u should learn manners...learn to talk without name calling...am old enough to be your dad's brother
u can go and hug transformer nau...Dey form uncle for internet...Uncle Jingo, the internet is dark and full of terrors, if u don't have the heart to chop yabbing, stay off
Re: London Of 1930 Was Better Than Nigeria Of 2016 - Pictorial Evidence by LoveMachine(m): 9:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
This thread shows me some of us will make it and some us won't. Negropeons shall never prosper. Shout out to all my real Afrikans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Story Of Hausa, Yoruba Conflict In Mile 12 Ketu, Lagos State / Court Refuses Agf’s Application To Stop Senate Probe On Maina / 9th Assembly Leadership: We Won’t Work With PDP, Oshiomhole Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.