Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) (28401 Views)

Governor-elect Obaseki Visits Tinubu In Lagos / Olubadan Adetunji Visits Tinubu And Ambode In Lagos (Photo) / Aisha Buhari Visits Tinubu In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by eluquenson(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2016
Yoruba parapo

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by 2n2k(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:
I'm not sure I like this. shouldn't it be the other way around?

I hope he is not trivialising the stool of the great oonirisa.

visiting private citizens should be out of it. an invitation could be extended to them to visit him in the palace.

I concur with you especially given that Tinubu is what is called politically exposed person in risk analysis. Even though, the ooni may see it as a thank you visit (for whatever reasons), Tinubu has formidable rivals for leadership of the Yorubas especially from the Afenifere and Yoruba elders council.

Now that ooni has visited Tinubu for 'unity purpose', Afenifere will rightly expect him to visit their leader - Fasoranti in Akure too while the Yoruba elders leader will expect him in Ibadan otherwise the unity mission may become divisive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by orakao8: 8:27am On Feb 02, 2016
NA HIM HOUSE HIM GO RULE
Demmocrats:
Jagaban of African

The man that destroyed PDP

The man that God anointed to rule the most powerful black party in Africa

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by ifihearam: 8:41am On Feb 02, 2016
I still don't understand why the King will leave his palace to visit anyone. Have you ever seen the Oba of Benin visiting anyone or the Olu of Warri? These people has turned royalty into something else.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 02, 2016
2n2k:

I concur with you especially given that Tinubu is what is called politically exposed person in risk analysis. Even though, the ooni may see it as a thank you visit (for whatever reasons), Tinubu has formidable rivals for leadership of the Yorubas especially from the Afenifere and Yoruba elders council.

Now that ooni has visited Tinubu for 'unity purpose', Afenifere will rightly expect him to visit their leader - Fasoranti in Akure too while the Yoruba elders leader will expect him in Ibadan otherwise the unity mission may become divisive.

my thoughts exactly.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by timunstopable: 8:59am On Feb 02, 2016
Is it just me

i feel the ooni making lots of unnecessary visits

if it was an Oba he was visiting now no problem

I thought people like Jagaban and others r the one that should visit him nd pay homage to him

i hope he is on the right track

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by TheAlchemist: 9:01am On Feb 02, 2016
Ooni why all these visits?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Torenzi: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2016
swimcash:
must you praise corruption?

What is corrupt in Tinubu; was he the minister of finance that realized 2.1B$ for the ammunition that was never bought. OR was he the minister of petroleum that used 10b$ to charter air craft. I don,t know why u people are envious of his achievement.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by jwart(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2016
Beware of Politicians

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by kenzysmith: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2016
Only in this country that whole king of a kingdom number one king of the west for that matter will pay a visit to a mere man a criminal for that matter tinubu well done sir u re living up to the name Jagaban respect sir
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Urine: 9:10am On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:

visiting private citizens should be out of it. an invitation could be extended to them to visit him in the palace.

You have a point but you must also understand that he's a paramount ruler, the spiritual head of the Yoruba nation , he has the power to do anything he likes.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Firefire(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2016
2n2k:

Why I agree with your view, I believe the Onirisa will consult widely to achieve the peace move.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by kenzysmith: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2016
timunstopable:
Is it just me

i feel the ooni making lots of unnecessary visits

if it was an Oba he was visiting now no problem

I thought people like Jagaban and others r the one that should visit him nd pay homage to him

i hope he is on the right track
I tire o.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Urine: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2016
kenzysmith:
Only in this country that whole king of a kingdom number one king of the west for that matter will pay a visit to a mere man a criminal for that matter tinubu well done sir u re living up to the name Jagaban respect sir

Over the years, there has always been a thin line between spiritual and political institutions in Yoruba land. For example, Awolowo practically dragged and supported Ooni Sijuade to the throne, don't forget that the previous Ooni before him Ooni Aderemi was also a close ally of Awolowo. It's nothing new if you are a keen student of Yoruba history.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 02, 2016
Urine:

You have a point but you must also understand that he's a paramount ruler, the spiritual head of the Yoruba nation , he has the power to do anything he likes.

hmmm... I would rather say he has the power to do ALMOST anything he likes.

don't forget he is also bound by the laws and traditions of Yorubaland.

he can't just do anything he likes o.

there are also punishments for kings who flagrantly flout the laws of the land. if not punished by the gods, then by the council of chiefs as is the case of old Oyo empire.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by yemmight(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2016
kolawolepeters:
buhahahahari, see that one with half-cut..

Oponu.
na craze world we dey

Thieffnuubu - ma rolemodel
GEJ - ma hero
PMB - ma, ma, ma buhahahahaha (BH are trying to embarrass ma govt.) another animal talk

Meanwhile, OBJ 'don't think PMB have what it takes to lead the country'. Animal talk don start again oo

Animals in human skin

*abegggi oo make you hear me very well, some people go say why ah dey talk like this* kai, ah dey enjoy this song..

APC, PDP egbe kegbe, opoonu egbe.. na bad society
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 02, 2016
We need to know the Abobaku now.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by coolitempa(f): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2016
I think the Ooni realises that we are in a unique era of great possibilities and has therefore taken an approach that recognises that.... cheesy....I understand his predecessor Alayeluwa Oba Okunade Sijuwade, used to visit Awo too...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Caseless: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2016
Tinubu is a kingmaker.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by zurine(f): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2016
wow
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Urine: 9:30am On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:

hmmm... I would rather say he has the power to do ALMOST anything he likes.

don't forget he is also bound by the laws and traditions of Yorubaland.

he can't just do anything he likes o.

there are also punishments for kings who flagrantly flout the laws of the land. if not punished by the gods, then by the council of chiefs as is the case of old Oyo empire.

Of course, the Oyomesi can impeach an Alaafin, but an Alaafin is more like a political head while the Ooni is more of a spiritual one at the end of the day, it's the gods that will handle his case if he defaults. I love what he's doing though, if the Yoruba nation can end up speaking with one voice as a result of this, he will be forever remembered.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by bluecircle470: 9:54am On Feb 02, 2016
BOURDILLON OF ROYALTY......
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by emmasege: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2016
Kingsolex1:
ooni hurry up with the journeys and go back to ur throne, don't be a common king learn from me.
Wise counsel. Enough of those 'thank you' visits, he should not 'commonise' that revered stool. As Yorubas, we go to the palace to pay homage to the king. Kings don't visit their subjects. I hope someone close to the Ooni can relay this message.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by mart2k(m): 10:07am On Feb 02, 2016
Firefire:
May the Orúnmila baba agbomiregun Akerefinusogbon bless all the peace move of the Onirisa and bring the Yoruba Nation back as one single entity for the peace of the coming generation. Aase.

Ki awon alale ile Odua gbe awon oninure, ki awon 'odale ba le lo. Aase waa!

So, who told u there is no unity in yorubaland before?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Nairadays: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2016
See half shaven heads of the Ooni's subjects... shocked omo you wan try.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Firefire(m): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2016
mart2k:
So, who told u there is no unity in yorubaland before?

If you don't know please consult the elders. Thank you.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by erinalex: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2016
kenzysmith:
why is it,that, mere mentioning of D name "Jagaban"; ur whole brain network will be working anti-clockwisely. If some pple say Fayose & Jonathan are criminals,u'll swiftly raise an objection saying," You are presume innocent until u'r proven guilty by d law court". But on Tinubu's case,u'll foolishly & brainlessly shout 'criminal',when No court of law have said so. do u want to create different law,just because Tinubu is giving u sleepless night ?. I can understand ur pains. D fact is, until igbos stop seeing Tinubu as d cause of their 'Marginalization theory';they will continue to b @ d back burner. Enjoy ur day.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by alaskido(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2016
This Yoruba people self. They want to change their tradition over night because a young man has been made Oni of Ife. This is the first time I hear an Oba will leave his palace to visit a fellow Yoruba man in his home. Is this politics or because Jagaban has money? Na wa o shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by loveuGOD: 10:39am On Feb 02, 2016
Ife people and yoruba culture don enter one chance with this king. ife king as most respected king in yoruba land has sundenly become junkenta in chief.
As much as i love his style he should also respect that stool. Last time i saw him flying boat with life jacket taking selfie.
Ah ah. Oni of ife for that matter. That stool will soon loose its honour.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by ilemobayo40: 10:48am On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:

you are right my brother,his actions belittle the throne of the great onirisa.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by sweetgala(m): 11:01am On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:

The Ooni was made King by the Tinubu caucus, that is a fact I know of very well, they know the source of his sudden great wealth and his deep secrets as an ordinary man, so I doubt that fact has changed. He'll always be indebted to these guys. There are some other big names across Nigeria that facilitated his enthronement but I'll leave that out for now.

The Ooni does seem intriguing, he is young and has the energy and activism of a young king, doing a lot and trying to impress at every turn. His ilari and emese do look very clean and well dressed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Seals Kwankwaso’s House In Kano Over Mass Wedding Plan / Agbaje, Sanwo-olu Unveil Agenda For Lagos / Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.