Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,023 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) (28399 Views)

Governor-elect Obaseki Visits Tinubu In Lagos / Olubadan Adetunji Visits Tinubu And Ambode In Lagos (Photo) / Aisha Buhari Visits Tinubu In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 02, 2016
Urine:

Of course, the Oyomesi can impeach an Alaafin, but an Alaafin is more like a political head while the Ooni is more of a spiritual one at the end of the day, it's the gods that will handle his case if he defaults. I love what he's doing though, if the Yoruba nation can end up speaking with one voice as a result of this, he will be forever remembered.

I agree. one would expect the political head to be running after politicians while the spiritual head maintain his stand in Ife.

I like his humility, visiting with other kings. I so wish the Yoruba race can be united wherever they are including Benin republic, the Americas and so on.

he has started well though. I commend him greatly. May God direct his path aright.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2016
sweetgala:

The Ooni was made King by the Tinubu caucus, that is a fact I know of very well, they know the source of his sudden great wealth and his deep secrets as an ordinary man, so I doubt that fact has changed. He'll always be indebted to these guys. There are some other big names across Nigeria that facilitated his enthronement but I'll leave that out for now.

The Ooni does seem intriguing, he is young and has the energy and activism of a young king, doing a lot and trying to impress at every turn. His ilari and emese do look very clean and well dressed

they may have helped him unto the throne (though they are only tools in the hand of the Omniscient), yet he is now the king. the stool he occupies forbids him paying homage or bowing before any other mortal.

let him leave politics for the politician.

I would prefer he visits the other kings who inherited their throne directly from the sons of Oduduwa, the Awujale, the Ataoja, the Deji, the Osemawe and so on in a bid to foster and strengthen our filial bond.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Guk: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
loveuGOD:
Ife people and yoruba culture don enter one chance with this king. ife king as most respected king in yoruba land has sundenly become junkenta in chief.
As much as i love his style he should also respect that stool. Last time i saw him flying boat with life jacket taking selfie.
Ah ah. Oni of ife for that matter. That stool will soon loose its honour.

If the Selfie you saw on the flying boat was after he became Ooni, it is explainable as he is bound by safety precautions to wear a life vest on a boat and the boat was taking him to Inagbe Resort where he temporarily resides whenever he visits Lagos. Remember that drowning does not respect anybody. Even his almost 50followers had to wear d life vest as well
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Guk: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Urine:

Over the years, there has always been a thin line between spiritual and political institutions in Yoruba land. For example, Awolowo practically dragged and supported Ooni Sijuade to the throne, don't forget that the previous Ooni before him Ooni Aderemi was also a close ally of Awolowo. It's nothing new if you are a keen student of Yoruba history.

Awolowo and the late Ooni Sijuwade were 2 parallel line......they were never in the same camp. Late Ooni's political leanings were Pro NPN; Pro Babangida; Pro NRC and Pro PDP
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Guk: 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:
I think the Ooni realises that we are in a unique era of great possibilities and has therefore taken an approach that recognises that.... cheesy....I understand his predecessor Alayeluwa Oba Okunade Sijuwade, used to visit Awo too...

His predecessor, Oba Sijuwade never visited Awolowo, they were completely opposed to each other
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by raphoo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
God Bless Ooni for this Move to Bring about unity in our Land #YORUBA

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by coolitempa(f): 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guk:

His predecessor, Oba Sijuwade never visited Awolowo, they were completely opposed to each other

Hahahaha...you are a funny guy.....Awo and Oba Sijuade opposed to each other..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by TplenT(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
Awolowo and the late Ooni Sijuwade were 2 parallel line......they were never in the same camp. Late Ooni's political leanings were Pro NPN; Pro Babangida; Pro NRC and Pro PDP[/quote]

sorry Boss..The above is absolutely incorrect.Infact,Sijuade was a core Awoist(even to the extreme).Also note that the Awo political machine facilitated his ascension to the Ooni throne and Sijuade was Coronated by the UPN government of Bola Ige in old Oyo State.(1980)

Ooni Sijuade was from his youth a surrogate son of Late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi who was also a core Awo loyalist.

Personally,I even think Sijuade's pathological hatred for MKO Abiola must have stemmed from Abiolas actions in '79 and '83 when he was one of the major NPN forces that truncated the most promising political chances of Awolowo of becoming president.

Indeed every major progressive of that era so loathed Abiola and there was even talks that Awo placed a political curse on him that he will never reach his promised land.(Just as Zik was said to have cursed Okadigbo).

though I have my misgivings about Ooni sijuade too,but history must be placed in the right perspective.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by MonPro: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Are those guys sitting on the floor the new abobaokus?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Urine: 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guk:

Awolowo and the late Ooni Sijuwade were 2 parallel line......they were never in the same camp. Late Ooni's political leanings were Pro NPN; Pro Babangida; Pro NRC and Pro PDP

This was Ooni Sijuade's last interview before he joined his ancestors, please read it, once you are done, mention me if you think you know more about this issue.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/30/oba-okunade-sijuades-last-interview-how-awolowo-persuaded-me-to-be-ooni/

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by arresa: 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
lol @ iPoD losers crying over Unity in Yorubaland, something that's foreign and rare in their badly fractured villages..grin

His Royal majesty visiting his subjects, reaching out and consulting to ensure Unity amongst his subjects is his responsibility to ensure peaceful rule, peace and unity in his land especially after the last worthless and cash and carry Oni Of Ife left a badly disunited fractured Yorubaland.

I'm with him all the way even if unity, peace, love and tranquility across Yorubaland means visiting every local government, town and village in Yorubaland.

Oodua agbe wa o....

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by coolitempa(f): 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Here is a video of the late Ooni dancing in front of Awo's inestimable jewel at her recent birthday...with Ebenezer Obey steaming up matters... grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Wtw80nWwQ
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by OlababaGod(m): 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
shocked[b][/b]God bless Ooni Enitan.....but young King should be careful just as Awujale advised.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by arresa: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
YORUBA LEADERS MUST UNITE FOR THE SAKE OF OUR PROGRESS, OONI TELLS ASIWAJU TINUBU

His Imperial Majesty Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Ooni took another unity visit to Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu in his house yesterday, thereby laying unprecedented legacies for the progress of Youruba race peviously unknown in the history of the nation.

Oba Ogunwus told the APC National Leader and former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu that his visit was part of his agenda to unify the sons and daughters of Yoruba all over the world.

Oba Ogunwusi, who is unrelenting in his mission towards reconciling all perceived differences among Yoruba monarchs, political leaders for a peaceful and united Yoruba nation, last week paid a historic visit to His Royal Highness Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland.

It would be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari while reacting to the emergence of Oba Ogunwusi last October, urged the Ooni Ogunwusi to work with the Federal Government towards building a peaceful and united Nigeria.

Ooni Ogunwusi since his coronation has therefore committed himself to carrying all Yoruba people along to a new era of peace, stability and progress in Ife, Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole.

Ooni Ogunwusi, as the principal custodian of the rich cultural heritage and traditions of the Yoruba is vigorously putting his position into good use in the service of his people and country.

Ooni has since dedicated himself to building on, and surpassing the worthy legacies of his much-acclaimed predecessor, Oba Sijuwade, and working with government and other traditional rulers across the country to foster greater harmony, peaceful co-existence and faster socio-economic development of his people and all Nigerians.

http://www.authenticnewsnetwork.com/2016/02/yoruba-leaders-must-unite-for-sake-of.html

Very worthy and refreshing.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by kolawolepeters(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
@yemmight the trouble with liberal democracy is that it takes a long time to mature..

So I choose not to blame your dulll-witttedness..

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by kenzysmith: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
erinalex:
why is it,that, mere mentioning of D name "Jagaban"; ur whole brain network will be working anti-clockwisely. If some pple say Fayose & Jonathan are criminals,u'll swiftly raise an objection saying," You are presume innocent until u'r proven guilty by d law court". But on Tinubu's case,u'll foolishly & brainlessly shout 'criminal',when No court of law have said so. do u want to create different law,just because Tinubu is giving u sleepless night ?. I can understand ur pains. D fact is, until igbos stop seeing Tinubu as d cause of their 'Marginalization theory';they will continue to b @ d back burner. Enjoy ur day.
brain wash ode am not igbo buh yoruba dat will not stop be for saying the truth tinubu is a thief and he should be lock up in jail gullible apc worshipper
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by arresa: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
kenzysmith:
brain wash ode am not igbo buh yoruba dat will not stop be for saying the truth tinubu is a thief and he should be lock up in jail gullible apc worshipper

kenzysmith:
This yoruba man wan dey begin lie na there is no smoke without fire infact yoruba people in this nation are the problem

kenzysmith:
u and ur entire generation can never attained the height Jonathan ve reach u re of the problem in this country

kenzysmith:
If is goodluck administration now they we say is his fault now is bubu now God hand is in it pls don,t joke with the most High

lol @ GEJ groupie and ipOd youth claiming Yoruba. Who dahs monkey banana? grin

Only cowards and dishonest people with no sense of belonging and identity claim what they are not just to make dishonest and bigoted comments..

You don't have to lie, be yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by yemmight(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
kolawolepeters:
@yemmight the trouble with liberal democracy is that it takes a long time to mature..

Oponu

So I choose not to blame your dulll-witttedness..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by sweetgala(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:

they may have helped him unto the throne (though they are only tools in the hand of the Omniscient), yet he is now the king. the stool he occupies forbids him paying homage or bowing before any other mortal.

let him leave politics for the politician.

I would prefer he visits the other kings who inherited their throne directly from the sons of Oduduwa, the Awujale, the Ataoja, the Deji, the Osemawe and so on in a bid to foster and strengthen our filial bond.

We are talking of a modern young excitable king here, I'm in no way excusing his devotion to his political Godfathers but these guys don't see him as more than an appointee , yh he wears a crown but that's where it ends.

Concerning his Ascension and divination let's leave that alone I'm privy to some information but we'll not discuss on public forums, it would be difficult for this king to assume the role of the Ooni traditionally, the respect is not there , is he going to stand in front of Olowo of Owo or Awujale and request for subjection.

He has not earned his crown maybe in the future things might change. The days of a great respected Ooni across the table ended in 1980. Even Sijuwade never got the same glory.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Guk: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
coolitempa:

Hahahaha...you are a funny guy.....Awo and Oba Sijuade opposed to each other..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I appreciate the education. Thanks
TplenT:

sorry Boss..The above is absolutely incorrect.Infact,Sijuade was a core Awoist(even to the extreme).Also note that the Awo political machine facilitated his ascension to the Ooni throne and Sijuade was Coronated by the UPN government of Bola Ige in old Oyo State.(1980)

Ooni Sijuade was from his youth a surrogate son of Late Ooni Adesoji Aderemi who was also a core Awo loyalist.

Personally,I even think Sijuade's pathological hatred for MKO Abiola must have stemmed from Abiolas actions in '79 and '83 when he was one of the major NPN forces that truncated the most promising political chances of Awolowo of becoming president.

Indeed every major progressive of that era so loathed Abiola and there was even talks that Awo placed a political curse on him that he will never reach his promised land.(Just as Zik was said to have cursed Okadigbo).

though I have my misgivings about Ooni sijuade too,but history must be placed in the right perspective.

Urine:

This was Ooni Sijuade's last interview before he joined his ancestors, please read it, once you are done, mention me if you think you know more about this issue.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/30/oba-okunade-sijuades-last-interview-how-awolowo-persuaded-me-to-be-ooni/

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by Urine: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Guk:

You're welcome my brother.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) by BABAKABIRU301(f): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
BUT IFE CHIEFTANCY TITLE ARE NOT FOR SALE OR GIFT TO ANYBODY.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of Christiana Obiano, Governor Willie Obiano's Mother / "Fresh PDP": PDP Splinter Group Emerges In Abuja / APC: Oshiomhole And His Collaborators Will Fail In Ogun State - Gov. Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.