Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista (2023 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
Does anyone know how to share an internet connection between XP and Vista systems? The XP system is the one connected to the internet, and I need to share it with a Vista laptop. Anyone?
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by lynxnoon(m): 9:24am On Jul 01, 2009
u wil nid a router to share internet connection on any windows OS undecided
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by mikesleek(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2009
lynxnoon:

u wil nid a router to share internet connection on any windows OS undecided
Not if you have up to two wireless cards on your laptop, the laptop could act as a router. From the xp system, go to network connection and right click on the internet connection you want to share click on properties and click sharing. Check the sharing box and it informs you that the card to which you shared will take an ip address of 192.168.0.1 agree and click OK to continue. If you have an anti virus like bit defender, under the firewall rule, enable internet connection sharing and from your card, disable the firewall on the LAN or WLAN depending on the one that will be connected locally. Hope you understand?

017330538 for issues.
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
Thanks, I understand and I"ll try it.
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by lynxnoon(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2009
I hv tried wat mikesleek said b4 & it didnt wok
Wel i hope it woks 4 u, macao, gud luck
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by mikesleek(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2009
lynxnoon:

I hv tried wat mikesleek said b4 & it didnt wok
Wel i hope it woks 4 u, macao, gud luck

Well it's what i do over and over, so if you could just bring the problem out here, we could solve it for you. grin
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2009
I used a LAN cable, not wireless card, but that shouldn't make a difference. I saw the 192.168.0.1 thing, and I set the Vista system to 192.168.0.2. Even though they pinged each other (the connection was alright), the internet didn't share.
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by lynxnoon(m): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2009
mactao:

I used a LAN cable, not wireless card, but that shouldn't make a difference. I saw the 192.168.0.1 thing, and I set the Vista system to 192.168.0.2. Even though they pinged each other (the connection was alright),[b] the internet didn't share.[/b]
undecided undecided
Re: Internet Connection Sharing - Xp And Vista by deji2005(m): 3:57am On Jul 04, 2009
what you need is to set up ad hoc network using http://www.home-network-help.com/ad-hoc-wireless-network.html

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Brand New Laptop For 60 Thousand Naira / School Management Software. Cheap Promo / Which Laptop Can I Get With 40K.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.