Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. (1011 Views)

Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Attached Picture Not True) / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Exclusive Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by PhockPhockMan: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2016

The trial of Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA), at the federal capital territory high court, Abuja, on Tuesday could not commence at the scheduled time, owing to his lateness.

At the commencement of trial at 9:15am, Rotimi Jacobs, counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which is prosecuting Dasuki and four other persons on a 19-count charge of criminal breach of trust to the tune of N13bn, told the court that the former NSA, who is the second defendant in the matter, was still “dressing up”. He urged the court to either stand down the case or adjourn it.

He explained that Dasuki had been in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) since his release from Kuje prison.

“The second defendant who is facing a criminal charge filed by the DSS before the federal high court was re-arrested after his release, and has been in the custody of the DSS,” he said.

Jacobs said that he had told the DSS to produce Dasuki in court on Tuesday, but that the service informed him that the information was late.

“They (DSS) informed me that the information was late, and that the second defendant was trying to dress up,” he said. “So, my lord, I urge you to give us until tomorrow for the trial to continue.”

However, Dasuki arrived at the court a few minutes before 11am, when Peter Affen, the judge, was set to rule on the application for adjournment.

Affen adjourned the matter to February 26 for hearing on an application for discharge brought by Joseph Daodu, Dasuki’s lawyer.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-dasukis-dressing-up-delays-court-trial
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by northvietnam(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
V
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ok
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by vedaxcool(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
So santa couldn't wear his uniform on time? Na himself him dey do as long as he is in jail I am happy. .

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by Dannieln1: 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Next time strip him to his Boxers to court....
Better still dress him over night
Or better still bring him Na-ked
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by PhockPhockMan: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
vedaxcool:
So santa couldn't wear his uniform on time? Na himself him dey do as long as he is in jail I am happy. .

What is this thread still doing outside front page?

Abi lalasticlala and obinoscopy still "dressing up"?
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by DIKEnaWAR: 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
Shame of a nation.
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by Okpueze1(m): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lack of plan B. I learnt the idea of having a plan B from tough politicians, surprised that Dasuki has no plan B when he was sharing the yams. Or, is it that the time has not yet reached for him to switch over to it? Is this his plan B?
Was he actually thinking that it's going to be hitch free for him? Something must have given him the impetus to be dishing out the porridge yam with alacrity. He is a strong man and wants to bear the consequences alone or maybe he was duly warned of the consequences before plunging himself into our nations pot of yam?
Many things on my head. If he was warned, then by who? The person(s) that warned him knew and saw the doom that was about to befall the country and didn't put up an alarm. What made the person(s) not to sound an alarm, threatened or caged?
Re: JUST IN: Dasuki's 'dressing Up' Delays Court Trial - Thecable. by olatade(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
he was having his make-up done i guess

(1) (Reply)

Tax: Students, Artisans, Traders To Pay 100,150 Nd 200 Thousand In Benue / Pictures From Ongoing Reconstruction Of Jebba-mokwa Road / PHOTOS: 68yr Old Woman Battered By Her 79yr Old Husband In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.