Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) (26249 Views)

Jonathan Receives A Heroes Welcome In Sokoto. Photos / Shettima Grants Scholarship To 50 Orphans On His 50th Birthday / Maryam Tambuwal Pays Fine For The Release Of Prisoners, 30, In Sokoto (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by grandlexuz(m): 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:
Makes absolutely no sense. The kid's car models don't move or work! He's no better than a sculptor/toymaker.Why does Africa always celebrate mediocrity?!

That is why he is being sent to the US to study automotive design and not engineering.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Urine: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:
Makes absolutely no sense. The kid's car models don't move or work! He's no better than a sculptor/toymaker.Why does Africa always celebrate mediocrity?!

If you read this report very well you will notice the scholarship is for him to study automotive design, read about automotive design and you will realise who the mediocre here is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_design

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by xto86(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
First of its kind in naija. Thumbs up to Tambuwa jare
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Spybradd: 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
Shebi u join almost destroy pdp that fed u? Ur day is coming,smart thief,tambole.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol... Don't worry dear,when the time come what shall be shall be. You are our next linda Ikeji and we believed in you. US,Paris,London,Dubai,Munich will be like child play to you soon insha'allah grin
grin cheesy Amin

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:
So all these fine cars we drive, na sculptor dey build am?

Go and knee down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Aminat508:
grin cheesy Amin
Good girlgrin
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 5:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
mindworx:

Tambuwal is my uncle's friend nah, Usman Danfodiyo things, u know... I can be of help oh.. shey it's Aminat Catering services, abi? Come my house, you don make am, gba!
chai, u can lie en shocked angry
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
Wont the boy have to had gained admission to an American university 1st before you can award him a scholarship? I mean this is not like we do in Nigeria where you call the VC of Sokoto state University and say I have one boy....

I bet this is just a publicity stunt and the last we hear of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by AdultMaleNegro(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:

u need to be educated that automobile designers ain't responsible for making the car move. u can help ursef with more info by reading abt Jelani Aliyu

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Mcteeblack: 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Am so happy to see dat his been recognized by d government. These are the kinds of brain we need to develop as a nation. There's also his guy from the northern part of Nigeria dat is doing well in designing cars for GM motors in United States.
Xposer:
This just shows that with handwork and consistency, the sky is just the starting point no matter how long it takes to fly. It was earlier reported about this young intellect identified as Bashar Aliyu from Sokoto -who designs dynamic and awesome car models. Luck has now caught up with the talented teenager as the Sokoto state governor -Aminu Tambuwal today awarded scholarship to him to study automotive design in an American University. Congrats to him

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/governor-tambuwal-grants-us-scholarship.html
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
it's good to encourage people I agree but really this is the kind of thing I expect from a primary school pupil, not an adult.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by ichommy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
holyFRED:
Lols.... gringrin I dey book space bro/buy land. cheesy

I dey fine oo hw you?
Am Okay Brother
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Timijo(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
I have been visiting nairaland everyday since 2009 and Seun has not done anything for me. It is high time I relocated to Sokoto.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by hmuhammad(m): 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:
Automotive design, that's what he's going there to study. You be confirmed OLODO

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
he better board a flight now and vamooses before his kinsmen kill him.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by JINJ(f): 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
wow! a new beginning. Aliyu all d best.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Kizyte(m): 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
dainformant:
d power of social media...just few weeks after his news went viral comes this good news.. nice

You've spoken my mind!
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by carinmom(f): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hope15:
See painment!

You have obviously closed your eyes to the guy's intended course of study - automotive design, NOT manufacturing/engineering bros.

No mind the bad belle wey just commented based on the caption.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Aminat508:
I can cook too angry @ Aminu Tambuwal embarassed
Ok I will tell him
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Milo30(m): 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:

Are you sure you know about car design? Moving cars are built by teams of engineers and you expect him to build one all by himself? Even If he did, I tempted to think you would identify him as a toy maker. Biko this is nigeria, not China. Slowly but surely we will get there.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by K9blunt(f): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
carinmom:

No mind the bad belle wey just commented based on the caption.

When the boys yab we women that we have chicken brain una go dey prove them right.

The guy just stated a valid point which you could've disputed like the other liberal minded guys.

Please learn to sit back and think before attacking.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Milo30(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
crackhouse:
he better board a flight now and vamooses before his kinsmen kill him.

I don't think Hausas do that.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by carinmom(f): 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
K9blunt:

When the boys yab we women that we have chicken brain una go dey prove them right.

The guy just stated a valid point which you could've disputed like the other liberal minded guys.

Please learn to sit back and think before attacking.

Smh.

Who is this Did i quote you or the guy that posted that comment? Is it only my comment that you read or what How did i even attack him? Shake your head for yourself. Mtchewwwww
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:

Shame..
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Bestbeelieve: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
winkmart:
[size=16pt]na so AMERICA go steal the boy

...brain drain AFRICa
[/size]

check my signature
Another Brain Drain....Africa my Africa!when shall we awake and believe in our greatness!
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by barcaboi(m): 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:
mediocre statement; did the governor give him a job? no, he gave him the opportunity to go learn how 2 probably build a better car to the 1 he made....in few yrs time, if he gains lots and owns his own car factory (I pray he does), u'd be 1 of those famzing him.....God knows I can't build a faction of what he did, given the right tools, he'd build a jeep and that's what d gov just gave him d opportunity to do....support our own no matter how little they do, that way u'd give him more joy to do more
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Guyman02: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
obailala:
Huh? shocked

Is it me or does anyone else think this makes absolutely no sense?... Or could it be that I am missing a part of the story?... What is special about a person creating a prototype design of a car?... If a moulded prototype of a car can fetch American scholarship, then I guess sculptors on the streets should start moulding rockets, maybe Tambuwal will send them to NASA. grin

No be by force to comment, you dont have an idea that model can fetch in the US.

You should be congratulating NLers for bringing this guy to national attention. I expect the Delta State Govt to do the same for that mini aircraft maker.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by obailala(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guyman02:

No be by force to comment, you dont have an idea that model can fetch in the US.
You should be congratulating NLers for bringing this guy to national attention. I expect the Delta State Govt to do the same for that mini aircraft maker.
Lol... Guy, that model is a toy and can't fetch nothing in the US, except of course the lad has got other skills.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by toprealman: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kalvan:
Your great knowledge should have told you that before any prototype is built, it is first designed. Be happy when others succeed, yours is on the way bro.
Re: Tambuwal Grants Scholarship To Car-Designer, Aliyu, From Sokoto (Photos) by Masterclass32: 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good move by the Governor.

We have very many talented kids in the East. How many of them have the govts of the east given such scholarships? Human development is the highest kind of investment.

At times I wonder the brand of weed some of these our governors smoke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike To Ikwerres, Let No One Intimidate You, we’re Not 2nd Class Citizens(video) / 5000 Ebonyi Youths Receive N20,000 Each From NDE, Umahi Appreciates Buhari / APC Presidential Primaries: VP Slot Divides Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.