Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill (12301 Views)

Volvo Unveils Autonomous Garbage Truck (kolekole) - Photo & Video / Lincoln Confirms New China-Made SUV To Suit Local Consumers / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by kingreign(m): 6:15am On Feb 15, 2016
SpaceAngel:

Most likely. I like the look and performance of xc90.
I used an infiniti qx4 2001 model truck. Dyamm that truck put epic smiles on my face when on the move. Tons of torque to play with but it was really thirsty for a 3.5 V6.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by valarinz: 8:06am On Feb 15, 2016
leuelliot:

What model year of pathfinder do you own? Most people myself included find the 3.2 to be adequate. It's no pathy 4l v6 but it's close. Gas mileage hovers around 12.5 to 16.6 in the city. Now the 4.4 V8 by Yamaha is the engine you'd want, boy that thing is a force to be reckoned. Won't forget my first drive in a 2010 s80 v8.
kingreign:

I used an infiniti qx4 2001 model truck. Dyamm that truck put epic smiles on my face when on the move. Tons of torque to play with but it was really thirsty for a 3.5 V6.

I believe the OP specifically made it clear he intends his thread to be about Volvo XC90 and not to be derailed into canvassing for other brands. Open a pathfinder thread for this pls.

Its now clear by the ways, why some people(no names called now) were attacking me for pointing out that Volvo parts abound, all cos they want to talk down on the Volvo and start their own campaign for their favorite japanese brands. Next thing now, i'll be called over-critical grin

5 Likes

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by kingreign(m): 8:50am On Feb 15, 2016
valarinz:

I believe the OP specifically made it clear he intends his thread to be about Volvo XC90 and not to be derailed into canvassing for other brands. Open a pathfinder thread for this pls.

Its now clear by the ways, why some people(no names called now) were attacking me for pointing out that Volvo parts abound, all cos they want to talk down on the Volvo and start their own campaign for their favorite japanese brands. Next thing now, i'll be called over-critical grin

Volvo has never been known to make SUVs Nissan om the other hand has been in the business of SUV manufacture

1 Like

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by valarinz: 9:00am On Feb 15, 2016
kingreign:

Volvo has never been known to make SUVs Nissan om the other hand has been in the business of SUV manufacture

Bro, this is not an avenue for a Volvo vs Nissan war, the OP asked about Volvo and intends it to stay at that, why is that so hard to understand. Must u force your nissan on him? Firstly, u guys started by saying there are no Volvo parts, now it has turned to who has been in the business of making SUVs,

Argument about Volvo and Nissan can be done at another time and i'm not even sure i'm the right person to be doing that with you cos i cn't claim to know much about your Nissan SUV. But pls stop demarketing other brands just cos of your personal opinion. The OP knows Nissan SUVs exist and yet he opened a thread to enquire on Volvo and even insisted we keep it on the Volvo, why can't you respect that

BTT:
I am looking in the direction of the first generation Volvo XC90 SUV and want practical inputs from Nigerian users in Nigeria.

I have read some about it and have seen reviews, but I am particularly interested in Nigerian users experiences with the vehicle.

Caveat: I will appreciate if this thread is not derailed into canvassing for other car brands. Please keep it on the Volvo. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by kingreign(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2016
valarinz:

Bro, this is not an avenue for a Volvo vs Nissan war, the OP asked about Volvo and intends it to stay at that, why is that so hard to understand. Must u force your nissan on him? Firstly, u guys started by saying there are no Volvo parts, now it has turned to who has been in the business of making SUVs,

Argument about Volvo and Nissan can be done at another time and i'm not even sure i'm the right person to be doing that with you cos i cn't claim to know much about your Nissan SUV. But pls stop demarketing other brands just cos of your personal opinion. The OP knows Nissan SUVs exist and yet he opened a thread to enquire on Volvo and even insisted we keep it on the Volvo, why can't you respect that

We owners of Japanese vehicles must be heard stop hushing us.

Ignore me and I'd ignore you.
Ahem. OP you could also consider 4 runner toyota if offroad prowess is your desire, or lexus rx if luxury is what you need.

2 Likes

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by BTT(m): 11:13am On Feb 15, 2016
kingreign:

Ahem. OP you could also consider 4 runner toyota if offroad prowess is your desire, or lexus rx if luxury is what you need.

Go mind yourself o @kingreign. Stop pulling legs.

I am not an altogether novice with vehicles but I am testing the currents on this Xc90. I currently also have an SUV, which I truly like but that XC90 shape and interior have been very tempting and I've been eyeing my wife it.

2 Likes

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by valarinz: 11:41am On Feb 15, 2016
kingreign:

lol, hahahahahaha, ok bro, you win
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by kingreign(m): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2016
valarinz:

lol, hahahahahaha, ok bro, you win
Lol cheesy

No mind me bro, just catching fun cool
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by kingreign(m): 11:50am On Feb 15, 2016
BTT:

I am not an altogether novice with vehicles but I am testing the currents on this Xc90. I currently also have an SUV, which I truly like but that XC90 shape and interior have been very tempting and I've been eyeing my wife it.

tongue greet madam o grin

1 Like

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by leuelliot(m): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
valarinz:

so why are you quoting me?
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by valarinz: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2016
leuelliot:

so why are you quoting me?
Yours was on point, hes was not
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by dannydevito(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
But if one does a good background check the volvo xc90 would be far better than the nisaan pathfinder...
I drive the xc70 5plug turbo and I dont regret owning it.... hard to get fake parts, d right mechanic the job is simple
Want to add the xc90 to the mix now

4 Likes

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by laudate: 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
dannydevito:
But if one does a good background check the volvo xc90 would be far better than the nisaan pathfinder...
I drive the xc70 5plug turbo and I dont regret owning it.... hard to get fake parts, d right mechanic the job is simple
Want to add the xc90 to the mix now

What is fuel consumption like? Is it fuel economical?
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by naijanaso: 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
laudate:

What is fuel consumption like? Is it fuel economical?

To answer your question, see below chart

4 Likes

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by chukel(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
BTT:

I believe you got the XC90. What has your experience been.

1 Like

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by Acpriceless: 5:02am On Dec 19, 2018
I just got an XC90 2008 3.2
I noticed a squeaky noise while driving on low speed. Noise when in top speed.
Any ideas what the problem is and how it can be solved.
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by petecuuper: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
HOW IS VOLVO C90X FUEL ECONOMY COMPARED TO OTHER SUV
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by naijadrivablog: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Enjoy the vehicle as toks, cry when searching for parts

Partly true, I drive a Volvo too.

OP, if you are in Abuja, there is a good Volvo mechanic in "London Line, Apo Mechanic village. His name is Abila
Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Enjoy the vehicle as toks, cry when searching for parts

My oga.,sorry I just burst into one of ur comments... could u please help me see if it’s safe to buy a car with so much Christmas light....I don’t even know what some of them means or the cause cos I’ve never experienced it in my car....,.also if it’s something that can be corrected.
owner said it’s fine and he’s been using it that way for a while .....but u know sellers ....no one speaks ill of their merchandise

Re: The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
1StopRudeness:

My oga.,sorry I just burst into one of ur comments... could u please help me see if it’s safe to buy a car with so much Christmas light....I don’t even know what some of them means or the cause cos I’ve never experienced it in my car....,.also if it’s something that can be corrected.
owner said it’s fine and he’s been using it that way for a while .....but u know sellers ....no one speaks ill of their merchandise

V6 accord grin 600k abi?

Read more here

https://www.nairaland.com/5388695/there-cheap-nigerian-used-cars

(1) (2) (Reply)

2003 Honda Civic........ / Basic Maintenance Checks After Acquiring A Used Car / Acura Cars, Are They Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.