Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (63969 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Sister At His Court Hearing Today. Photos / Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2016
kahal29:

@op pls do crosscheck again. Wole Olanikpekun is for the respondents ie Umana Umana of Apc
I have made the amendment. Thanks
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2016
Appeal No. SC/1/2016 (Akwa Ibom) is now called up. The CJN advises Counsels that they have taken time to read all the Briefs filed by the parties thoroughly and have also taken 2 hours this morning to again review the cases of the parties which is which they came out late. Counsels are advised to be brief in oral amplification as they are already conversant with the facts. Dodo is now introducing his brief filed on the 16th of January 2016 and his Rely Brief filed January 25th 2016. Dodo applies to adopt both Briefs in urging the SC to allow the Appeal
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 11:18am On Feb 03, 2016
Dodo, SAN is now arguing the Appeal by orally amplifying the submissions in his Brief. He says the twin pillars of their case/Appeal rests on Card Reader and issue of Collation of results

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by nonstan(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2016
nwadiuko1:
whats the odd for both teams to score?

Both teams to score no dey..na either win or loose...or draw in WC case na new election...but sir allex otti must carry d day obviously #team alex
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2016
bigchief46 is governor ikpeazu there in court..
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2016
Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, for the 1st & 2nd Respondents identifies his Brief, adopts it and submits that the Judgment of the Tribunal and the Court of Appral is bifurcated into two as if the Courts below foresaw the decisions of the SC in Zamfara & Rivers. Those decisions WERE NOT BASED ON CARD READERS. He says it was rather based on direct evidence of what happened in the field and that to that event, all the Voter's Registers, result sheets and even video clips of relevant incidents were tendered. He says this was the only case where candidates came to Court to give evidence that they were disenfranchised including Governorship candidates of DPP & Accord parties, a former Governor, Obong Attah & even the Appellant also testified that they were disenfranchised. He says that the Tribunal said they were not relying on Card Readers but rather on "Raw evidence" and that ballot papers were tendered which never happened in any other Election case. Urges the Court to dismiss the appeal and affirm the decisions of the two lower Courts
Other Respondent Counsels say they did not file Briefs as they are unable to support the Judgment and urge the Court to allow the Appeal
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2016
Kelechi2020:
bigchief46 is governor ikpeazu there in court..
Of course not; he is in the Governor's Lodge at Asokoro waiting for the outcome. You can join him there cheesy >: grin

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2016
Appeal No. SC/3/2016 (Akwa Ibom) now called up.
Same appearances by Counsels as before. Counsels identify their Briefs, amplify them orally and canvass similar arguments as before
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modik(m): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2016
WisdomCanada:
I had a dream, last night, the supreme court ruled that the cancelled LGAs must remain canceled, and Otti won, and Ikpeazu refused to vacate seat, the seat was like a very fine car where Ikpeazu was sitting, and some other people inside the car like Abaribe or Eziuche Ubani pleaded him to vacate, that the law must stand, Otti never knew they had something bad in mind, when Otti entered the Car(Government house) his supporters filled the car to congratulate him, Ngwa men and women mobbed the car, Otti was without securities, so the forced the car door open and shot him, the driver and some of his supporters in the car rushed him to a very far hospital that night, the Ngwa clan was happy they have killed Otti, but when Otti was rushed to the hospital, he has already swollen, it was a very local hospital, then the doctor attended to him immediately and he survived.

Moral of this dream(Not interpretation), our Ngwa brothers and PDP supporters in our Abia state shouldn't take their grievances to a severe level if their brother happens to lose at the supreme court, let them remember that their brother is sitting on a stolen mandate.

I had a dream after INEC declared Ikpeazu winner of the last April pools. A chief Judge was driving Otti and Ikpeazu in a car, Ikpeazu sitting in front and Otti at the back, they drove to a destination where the chief Judge ordered Ikpeazu to go over to the back seat while the person entitled to sit at the front (Alex Otti) takes his rightful position. The dream didn't come through at the tribunal but at the appeal court.

Did i hear somebody day dreaming? Lol
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by steppin: 11:57am On Feb 03, 2016
Today na today.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Donfaray(m): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Congrats Ikpeazu [color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by ChrisGnarly: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
In Abia state, there was election and there was also a re-run! So does it mean that INEC dd nt conduct any election in both cases? OVI is our Gov, the voice of the pple is d voice of God! Oti shld try again in 2023. Abia is nt for sale!

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by yaki84: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
obong adiong udom. udom is right!
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by quality01(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
ChrisGnarly:
In Abia state, there was election and there was also a re-run! So does it mean that INEC dd nt conduct any election in both cases? OVI is our Gov, the voice of the pple is d voice of God! Oti shld try again in 2023. Abia is nt for sale!
Plz allow d supreme court to decide.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
ChrisGnarly:

your post was annoying but I will do like say I no see am.....

even a new born is aware that ikpeazu did not win that election, the so called rerun was even outside the controversial local governments...
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by spencekat(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
Alex Otti all the way.Some people will soon shed tears.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Lilimax(f): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
dtruth3:
My prediction, APGA is taking over Abia State!
Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kayce911(f): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
ikpeazu is the right man for the job.....Supreme court must do the needful..

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Lilimax(f): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
Alex Otti is the man smiley

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by canjuice: 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
ALEX OTTI for ABIA

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by franchizy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
The APC towed the part of honour and acepted the judgement of the supreme court for Wike Vs Peterside without critizing thesupreme court justices or pointing fingers on anyone.

I just hope that the PDP, Wailers and the brainwashed IPOB youths will tow same path should the supreme rule against their wish.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by tonyzeal(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
I pray okezie ikpeazu wins;he has earned my respect;abia is undergoing massive rehablitation and construction under him. Otti should wait till 2023 pls;#istandwithikpeazu.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by onyfrank: 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Divine Judgement is All I know in Abia case
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by ZIDANEFUN(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
wow am waiting to hear d gud news ooi APGA ALL D WAY ,PDP MY FOOT
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Arthaus(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Giiven the feelers on ground in Abia state from the campaign periods to the fisrt voting and subsequent rerun, I adduce that Otti is the people's choice. I pray the supreme court upholds the rulling of the appelate court. But in all things, let justice prevail.
#PROUDLYOHAFIA
#PROUDLYABIAN

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by alwelldinho(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Otti appears to me like a desperate politician whereas Ikpeazu a coolheaded gentleman. From what we have witnessed so far in Abia State, I think and also believe that Ikpeazu had the good of abia at heart. Immediately he was sworn-in, he began work. All I wish for him is that the judgment will be in his favor so he can continue rebuilding Abia State. #TeamIkpeazu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Cubby22: 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Make una speculate finish, Okezie Ikpeazu is the man i stand for, whether he loses or wins, but am so must positive, that he wil win, Supreme Court never fail to pronounce good judgment, Soon Alex will be probed by Mr buhari, in his involvement in distribution of cash to corrupt Nigerian, wen he was a bank Manger mark my words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modik(m): 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
ZIDANEFUN:
wow am waiting to hear d gud news ooi APGA ALL D WAY ,PDP MY FOOT

If only you have a leg, not to talk f foot.

Lol
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Arthaus(m): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
I hope the poster above me(Cubby), has enough evidence to support his claims, if called upon to prove them in a court of law..... Just saying
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by ibnchokomah(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
alwelldinho:
Otti appears to me like a desperate politician whereas Ikpeazu a coolheaded gentleman. From what we have witnessed so far in Abia State, I think and also believe that Ikpeazu had the good of abia at heart. Immediately he was sworn-in, he began work. All I wish for him is that the judgment will be in his favor so he can continue rebuilding Abia State. #TeamIkpeazu
Nwanna, imelagi.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Arthaus(m): 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Besides, after today, life would still go on, winners or losers alike. Let us not allow ourselves to be used to stoke the embers and fan the flames of disunity and violence due to political differences.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Cubby22: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
@ Arthaus:- Wat do u think is politics, wait after supreme Court Judgement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Meets Mark Zuckerberg / Rochas Okorocha Delivers Nigeria's Best Police Command Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.