Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? (4425 Views)

When Does A joystick Really Stop Growing / Can A Woman's "No" Mean " Yes"? : Ladies Only / E No Mean Say The Girl Na Ashawo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
Women are wonderful creatures, aren't they?  wink cheesy

Sometimes when a guy keeps "chasing" a lady after she has repeatedly turned down his advances, you might hear her say, "Some men can be so annoying!!! I just don't understand why this guy keeps pestering me even when I've told him over and over again that I'm not interested. What's his headache?!!!"

At another time, when another guy decides to let her be after the initial refusal, you might hear the same lady say, "Not that I didn't fancy him. I just I wanted to know if he was serious. If he was, he should have tried harder."

Hmmm. . .So, how does a guy know when your no means NO, and when it means TRY HARDER!? grin
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2009
I need tips, ladies! angry angry grin
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by whitelexi(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2009
Look at it this way bro, if u r in naija and u r not goodlooking, and u have no job, no house, no car, but u have good prospects. . . Chances are u will get this sort of response from girls at first but they may change if they see some seriousness in u. In this case, NO can become YES.

However, if u r in the western countries, a fine boy, have a super job, a sports car, your own crib - worth £10m, can control cashflow, and a guest of honour at any major function. . . If the girl says NO, then No means NO - No questions about it, because in minutes u can be reduced from your high horse to a tramp.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by biola44: 8:04am On Jul 02, 2009
wink
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2009
@ Whitelexi, that's sarcasm, right? shocked

Biola, talk (abi na type) not wink! angry
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by izeek(m): 8:25am On Jul 02, 2009
well i want to believe when she says no, it means no.

"Some men can be so annoying!!!
when it gets to this stage, then i think its a definite no.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2009
well i want to believe when she says no, it means no.

Izeek, so what if she's just "playing hard to get" and wants to know if you're serious?
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by izeek(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2009
why test ppl to prove ur point.
here again its only immature ladies thatwud wanna play such games,
and i dont mix with such ppl.
if i am to ask a lady out, i must have known her for a while and also her xter.
if she turns out to be immature, then i suppose she is just not the type for me.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by whitelexi(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2009
gen2genius:

@ Whitelexi, that's sarcasm, right? shocked

Biola, talk (abi na type) not wink! angry

Honestly. . . The part about the west is not sacarstic. Even if she has been saying YES YES YES, but just as you're about to put your thingie into her she changes it to NO, bros stop right there, cos its a bridge between u walking free and u having a criminal record.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2009
Yeah, really depends on the girl, attitudes differ amongst societies if we are talking generally
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by iice(f): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2009
A no has always been no as far as i am concerned.
Yes, there are women who do the song and dance game. Never been my thing.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. . .
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by IFELEKE(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2009
@Topic
When It's said in words and in actions.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by izeek(m): 10:52am On Jul 02, 2009
@iice,
i have always wonderd why ppl wud stall on something they also want.
my take aniways.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by iice(f): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2009
@izeek,
I think it's mostly influence of society/peers.
I too never understood how a no means are you serious? undecided
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by izeek(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2009
!@iice,
does society influence/ peers mean one has to act immature.
i see this as just being not suitable for a r/s.
if a lady can't not take a simple decision at the point when its necessary,
she comes across as confused, immature or basically not ready.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by iice(f): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2009
I agree with you but what you see as immature, another would probably see it as not settling for less. But really people sometimes don't want to take responsibility for their actions. . .it's easier when someone makes it for you.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by walakolobo: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2009
when you are about to enter her, i mean when your di ck is bare and about to enter her pu ssy and all you can hear in your ears are no no no, then listen properly, cos she means it, she actually means, no, no, no, AIDS is real, AIDS is real.

1 Like

Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by luxoire(f): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2009
when i say NO i mean a clear and resounding NO

dont have time for idiots and cetainly NOT STALKERS
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by sistawoman: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2009
The question is does she say no with a but?

for instance:

Will: Mary will you go out with me?
Mary: No but you can call to discuss?

That means try harder.

If there is a but she will let you know what that "but" is.

If there is no but then stay away.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2009
Luxoire, so any man who tries again after getting a "no" from you is an "idiot"?

Truth is, men have been made to believe over the years that women loved to wooed over a period of time before agreeing to date a man. Many women believe saying "yes" immediately is a sign of desperation undecided

Sistawoman, what's there to discuss after saying "No"?
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by sistawoman: 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
gen2genius:

Luxoire, so any man who tries again after getting a "no" from you is an "idiot"?

Truth is, men have been made to believe over the years that women loved to wooed over a period of time before agreeing to date a man. Many women believe saying "yes" immediately is a sign of desperation undecided

You answered your own question above in bold.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2009
Really? That means you're of the school of thought that a woman should first say no (if she's interested), but there should be a "but"? grin

Actually I believe in the "wooing" thing too; but, unlike you, not all women who want to be wooed add "but" to their "no." In fact, some could sound hostile; yet they crave being wooed. So any other indications that a lady wants you to try harder, apart from the instance you gave? Because without knowing the signs, you might just misinterprete her response wink
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by luxoire(f): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
gen2genius:

yes, because i am the type that will NOT say NO unless i meant NO. If i still think there is a possibility that i mayv get to like you - then i will keep things open and say 'let's see how things go - no rush' but i will not come out with a definitive NO.

So yes any man that oersists after a NO from me, is sadly a no brainer in my books smiley
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2009
Okay. But what do you think of my previous post:

"Truth is, men have been made to believe over the years that women loved to wooed over a period of time before agreeing to date a man." 

The man who persist after your first "no" may not necessarily be an idiot. He may be having the same mentality as stated above. And there's no way he could have known that you don't follow the "wooing/playing hard to get" rule, since many women only say "yes," after many attempts by a man wink
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by whitelexi(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2009
I think the confusion here is a cultural thing.

Most girls in naija will do that initial gragra thingie with a guy by saying no when they know they might change that in future, but u dont get that with most girls in europe or other continents. . . If they like u, they will even come to u and make conversation, but if u approach them and they say no, then it means no.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by luxoire(f): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
whitelexi:

I think the confusion here is a cultural thing.

Most girls in naija will do that initial gragra thingie with a guy by saying no when they know they might change that in future, but u dont get that with most girls in europe or other continents. . . If they like u, they will even come to u and make conversation, but if u approach them and they say no, then it means no.

thank you jarre!!
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2009
I think I have a clearer understanding of the situation now. wink

So now, NIGERIAN ladies, when does your "no" mean NO!!! LOL grin
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by Romeo4real(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2009
All the posts and replies only serve to show what many men have always known.

Women generally are quite inconsistent - Some say "No and mean a resounding No, Some say "No" with "but", Some say "No", and mean Yes, some say "No", but mean "try harder". Some even say "Yes", but it means No!

Conclusion - Woe betide any man who takes what a woman says literally. Most Women themselves don't know when "No" is really "No", as it can mean, and change to anything else later
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by mamagee3(f): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2009
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2009
Can't really blame them sometimes.
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by gen2genius(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2009
Romeo, that's EXACTLY the point I'm trying to figure out wink

@ibkaye: Why?
Re: When Does A Woman's "no" Mean No!? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2009
In Nigeria's society, you will find that ladies on occasions are looked down upon and seen as 'cheap' if they sound too desperate or what have you, for example, if she accepts a toasting 'way too quickly' she may be seen as cheap, sort of like the unwritten rules of how to play 'the game', not everyone's going to be happy, that's just the way it is and I doubt it will change any time from now, sorry folks.

But at the same time, ladies should do these things with moderation, know where to draw the line on the 'hard to get' tactics, it just isn't cute after way too much and too long

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women With Big Butts Are Smarter Than Those With Small Butts / Where Or How Did You Meet Your Present Girlfriend/boyfriend? / Zimbabwean Men Have Bigger JOYSTICKS Than Southafrican Men-"kelly Khumalo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.