Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

I'm About To Start Soap Making. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm About To Start Soap Making. (1162 Views)

Soap Making Business Training/workshop By Ihart *UPDATED* / Start Soap Making Business In 10 Minutes / How To Start Soap And Detergent Making Business (steps And Procedures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About To Start Soap Making. by celibate: 6:56am On Feb 04, 2016
I have a friend who is into soap making.
He is presently jobless and he has a family to cater for.
He met me and we discussed on opportunities he could explore which includes farming.
We later concluded that small scale Soap production is still the most viable.

He told me everything that is needed to start which includes the following.

*PK and Soda Ash.
*Stamps for branding the soap bars.
*Soap Cutter.
*Branded cardboard boxes for packaging and supplies.
*Transportation itinerary.

We presently have no cash at hand, however I have explored the family and friends option which is not forthcoming.

So I figured out I could dispose a heir Thermocool deep freezer that is still very new and in a perfect working condition so we can raise the required working capital to start production.

However, I am still not clear on how to go about this and if it's a worthwhile risk.
Your valuable contributions will be appreciated.
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by Merlissa(f): 7:21am On Feb 04, 2016
Google is your best teacher
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by AgoraRoad(m): 7:23am On Feb 04, 2016
It this self sustainable?
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 04, 2016
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by celibate: 7:39am On Feb 04, 2016
AgoraRoad:
It this self sustainable?
I believe so and profitable too.
According to my friend, he already started making sales with the little quantity he did when he started.

He couldn't keep up due to finances and lack of support. So I figure out he would man the production while I do the marketing and supplies.

From his experience, it's a profitable business which can be diversified into liquid soaps and even aftershaves.
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by AgoraRoad(m): 7:46am On Feb 04, 2016
What is your niche? What makes your soap different than all the other soaps.
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by celibate: 8:37am On Feb 04, 2016
AgoraRoad:
What is your niche? What makes your soap different than all the other soaps.

This is a good question but was are running a small scale production outfit and not a multinational business sir.
We will be supplying mostly mallams and market women within our environment so going into nitty gritty details doesn't cut it here.
We are simply running demand and supply type of business which will be driven by a good quality product that is well branded.

Perhaps we would be exploring a coloured soap for a brighter wash.

It wouldn't be wise for me to disclosing every nitty gritty of such details online.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by iycosky(m): 7:23am On May 19, 2017
Hey Guys, how n where can I get soap mixer n dryer for my soap.contact me via Whatsup on 08064414765.
Re: I'm About To Start Soap Making. by alastafisy: 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello. Pls am about starting my own soap business. I would like to know the challenges you've encountered in doing the business and your way out. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Where can I get High Automatic Id Card Cutter ID Card Punching Machine / Pls I Need 100 Of This / How Can I Join Commission Junction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.