Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,146 members, 7,867,333 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:05 PM

5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life (822 Views)

Zambian Man Donates His Liver To His Wife To Save Her Life (Photos) / Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? / Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by Inflective: 9:38am On Feb 04, 2016
Hello guys, anyone knows a place where I can get a 5th gen cephalosporin. Most places and pharmas have the 4th gen. Need ceftaroline or ceftobiprole urgently.
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by Inflective: 9:57am On Feb 04, 2016
Cc lalasticlala
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by drered(m): 10:32am On Feb 04, 2016
Made some calls no luck so far.. A specific antibiotic is hardly ever a determinant on outcome of the treatment. Any particular reasons why an alternative cannot be used?
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by Inflective: 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Quite a long story but in summary, a cocktail of antibiotics has failed to control sepsis in a fellow health care provider and recent sensitivity result recommends either of these 2.
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by drered(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
Oh wow. Have called one of the biggest pharmacies in Lagos and ibadan. No luck. If this gets to front page you might just get lucky.. I don't even think either is registered in Nigeria. I'll check tomorrow tho.. But in the mean time explore alternatives..
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by daudayodeji1(m): 11:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
It will be immensely difficult for many retail pharmacies and hospitals to stock 5th generation cephalosporins ....i doubt if its even popular with doctors and I doubt its even sold in Nigeria because it ain't in the national formulary
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by drkay(m): 5:12am On Feb 05, 2016
Please explore other options cos I don't think these can be seen in any of our pharmacy stores at the moment.
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by Inflective: 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate your feedback
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by Baxilexi(m): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sorry about your predicament.

Try using meronem. It is a carbopenem.
Very very active for sepsis and costly too.

It will do the trick.
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by oxypress: 12:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Look out for a deep packet of pus. Even if you are a medic you need the help of supermedics by referring this patient to the appropriate place for the right thing to be done.

Using a 5th generation cephalosporine antibiotics after a sensitivity test may not work if the right thing is not done. Anyway you only asked for where to buy drugs ( and me I no sabi o.)
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by Tequilah: 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Baxilexi:
Sorry about your predicament.

Try using meronem. It is a carbopenem.
Very very active for sepsis and costly too.

It will do the trick.

Is Meronem the brand name? And where can it be found locally? undecided
Re: 5th Generation Cephalosporin Urgently Required To.save A Life by drered(m): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Tequilah:

Is Meronem the brand name? And where can it be found locally? undecided
Yeah. The API is Meropenem. You can find it in most pharmacies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rape Saga: Doctor, Patient Clash / Help,i'm Encountering A Free erection On My joystick. / Vitamin B6 Rich Foods And Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.