Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike (9145 Views)

Buhari Supporters Shut Down Kano As They Hold Prayers And Rally For Him (photos) / Youths Wear Goodluck Jonathan Mask In Kano As Ex President Visits (Pics) / Suicide Bomber Hits Kano, Scores Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by rolchi(m): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2016
No fewer than 8,000 bakers in Kano have closed down their bakeries as a result of strike over the high cost of flour in the state.

The Public Relations Officer of Master Bakers Association in the state, Malam Kabiru Hassan, told journalists on Wednesday that the members deemed it compulsory to embark on the strike due to the increase in the price of flour and other ingredients for bread production.

He said: “I can confirmed to you that there is no single bread for sale right now in Kano. We were forced into this strike because the price of flour had skyrocketed in the market.”

THISDAY gathered that the scarcity of bread had been recorded in the metropolis forcing residents into massive buying of a local delicacy known as Gurasa.

The strike by bakers has taken its toll on local tea vendors popularly known as Mai’shayi as most of them have started counting their losses.

A tea seller at the popular Ahamadu Bello Way, Malam Sunusi Hamisu, said the strike has visited untold hardship to the downtrodden that relied on their services to live.

“I can’t be convinced this isn’t a conspiracy against the common man in that our sure and cheap ways of eating once day has been rudely interrupted,” Hamisu said.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/scarcity-of-bread-hits-kano-as-bakers-embark-on-strike/231061/

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Lattop(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Dat is a massive blow for the abokis cos dey love to take Bread and Koko for breakfast

If u think say na lie I dey lie come and see for urself at Agege Lagosgrin

5 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by lifezone247(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2016
I can imagine how the crowd will be in any of the mai shayi spot.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by APCcrimesHD: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2016
Sai Chanji grin

Meeeeennnnn, the odour is getting real! grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by ThePeacemaker(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2016
Na Toolz wedding go cause this scarcity oooo grin grin
After using all the flour in the wedding grin

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by optional1(f): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2016
Ah dat means my mallam frnd no go fit sell tea witout bread again. Na wa ooo waitin i man go do
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by mizhefeh(f): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2016
May God help us in dis country

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by BedLam: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016

“I can’t be convinced this isn’t a conspiracy against the common man in that our sure and cheap ways of eating once day has been rudely interrupted,” Hamisu said.
Haha Sai baba!
Meanwhile we in Lagos can import bread to Kano now. Agege bread for 400#. If you no won buy na hunger be your next line of action.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by demolinka(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Make mai shayi nor just try any solidarity strike for lagos
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Richardonald(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Man shall ......,........,.......,........ with bread alone {complete the sentence}
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by solexb(m): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2016
same thing happen last week in kaduna
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by truthspeaks: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2016
Y bn tribal abt it. Many in lag also consume bread n beans n r nt mostly northerners. Nawa 4 ppl oo
Lattop:
Dat is a massive blow for the abokis cos dey love to take Bread and Koko for breakfast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by MadCow1: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
This cant be Good for A6oki mishai business.

Time to get some of that black market bread for my hommies.
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by lifezone247(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
optional1:
Ah dat means my mallam frnd no go fit sell tea witout bread again. Na wa ooo waitin i man go do
Drink the tea wit indomie

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Can't be bothered. Not a fan of bread and it's derivatives. undecided

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by jesse515: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Since tym immemorial, one of the indicators of a pples economy is d availability of bread n it's price, even despite d availability of oda staple.

Nobody shud come out later n say we didn't giv buhari our support hence he failed, cos since dis administration we av endured d following:

1. Scarcity of fuel n sale of fuel for 800naira a litre in warri

2. increase in light tarrif n no substantial increase in availability of light

3. Increase in dollar n naira exchange rate

4. Charges on bank deposits

5. Insecurity

6. Health: lassa fever killing Nigerians n makin mockery of death apportioned to boko haram.

I no d list is too numerous, but we have not struck, dia av bin no strike action by any org or body, it shud be noted dat we av givving our support to dis administration n our support shud not be listed as a blame factor for dia failure which we hope does not occur.

No dia is a 50percent increase in d price of bread n still we ar calm. GMB abi PMB abeg wen d poor av notin else to eat, they won't feed on propaganda, de will feed on u, aisha, oyegun, tinubu, lai mohammed n ur likes cos even aisha's rice won't go round by den.

Thank you very much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by pheyikemi: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Thank God for the word of God, "man shall not live by bread alone", the people of Kano shd move onto other food varieties. angry
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Newbiee: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Chai! Shayi without breadi how e go be now?
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Konpresor012(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Lattop:

Tea and bread,
Akara and koko, that's how we do it in the north oo
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Campusser(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2016
Where is oga Jona and his promise on locally processed Cassava made flour?
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2016
optional1:
Ah

Secretary Space bookers' association
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by pheranme9(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2016
Make dm dy do pizza na or Hausa no get sense reach there
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Ishopbest: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2016
Hunger
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by wristbangle: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Abokii no dey joke with bread oo!

Them like sugar eh!

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Kennitrust(m): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
I think say na bokoharam pursue them
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by olisaEze(m): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Wind of change is blowing there

3 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
rolchi:
No fewer than 8,000 bakers in Kano have closed down their bakeries as a result of strike over the high cost of flour in the state.

The Public Relations Officer of Master Bakers Association in the state, Malam Kabiru Hassan, told journalists on Wednesday that the members deemed it compulsory to embark on the strike due to the increase in the price of flour and other ingredients for bread production.

He said: “I can confirmed to you that there is no single bread for sale right now in Kano. We were forced into this strike because the price of flour had skyrocketed in the market.”

THISDAY gathered that the scarcity of bread had been recorded in the metropolis forcing residents into massive buying of a local delicacy known as Gurasa.

The strike by bakers has taken its toll on local tea vendors popularly known as Mai’shayi as most of them have started counting their losses.

A tea seller at the popular Ahamadu Bello Way, Malam Sunusi Hamisu, said the strike has visited untold hardship to the downtrodden that relied on their services to live.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/scarcity-of-bread-hits-kano-as-bakers-embark-on-strike/231061/
Se onje obo ni buredi?
Re: Scarcity Of Bread Hits Kano As Bakers Embark On Strike by kennyman2000(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2016
ohhh boy! Time to start importation of bread enter north be this oo.. But, if boko haram intercept ur bread for road cos dem too go dey lack bread for their camp. Gbese de niyen ooooooo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manufacturers Groan As Diesel Price Hits N1,300/litre / Boko Haram Targets Aso Rock And Wants JTF Withdrawn / Enugu: Why We Should Pray For Senator Hyde Onuaguluchi - Comrade Emma Udemezue J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.