Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

What Really Is Biafra? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Really Is Biafra? (2997 Views)

Is Biafra Igbo? / Today Is Biafra Day / Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: What Really Is Biafra? by tpiah: 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2009

[img]http://bell.lib.umn.edu/historical/H_af_m2.jpg[/img]

http://bell.lib.umn.edu/historical/H_af_m2.html

Looking at this map, there's a region called Zanfara to the north of Biafara.It also seems to have shifted west, into Nigeria.  There’s a little info on Zanfara but less on Biafara.

Am not sure what Fara or Far is supposed to mean, but there’s another “Farah” in Sudan  called Ain Farah, which is a historical site and was the capital of one of their ancient kings. This Ain Farah used to be a site of pre-islamic 10th century Nubian Christianity.

Don’t know if the key word here is Fara or Ara (as in Sahara).

neither do I understand why people are allergic to knowledge. undecided
Re: What Really Is Biafra? by jom28gy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
dnex:
I'd like to know the meaning of this word it self or some kind of translation. Millions of people seem to be very passionate about Biafra, so I guess if we can be made to understand It's meaning, we will understand the zeal, the passion and the hope that Biafra carries with it.
Biafra simply mean a country that lasted for 3years, which was born out of tribal sentiments of their neighbours region, the general good of the people, was sectionalized,a lot happened infact

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ritual Killing Areas (read This And Be Careful With This Areas) / Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport / Ibori Slams N10b Suit On Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.