Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54539 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 2:21am On May 25, 2016
I love the Monochrome Look..

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 2:39am On May 25, 2016
These were taken some weeks ago. One of those images I overlook cos they just look casual.

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 2:43am On May 25, 2016
My Last Portrait Sessions with a friend.. I've been looking to take more portraits as its been my weak point.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by sommyblaze(m): 5:50am On May 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Updated.. Any questions on settings or how the pictures were taken is welcomed
the second photo here boss, what's the setting?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:10am On May 25, 2016
sommyblaze:

the second photo here boss, what's the setting?
It was taken with my phone. Normally when you focus on the bright part of your picture, the camera tends to decrease the exposure. So the sun was setting so I focused on the fairly bright sunlight and and reduced the brightness of the picture before taking it hence the silhouette

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by sommyblaze(m): 7:48am On May 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
It was taken with my phone. Normally when you focus on the bright part of your picture, the camera tends to decrease the exposure. So the sun was setting so I focused on the fairly bright sunlight and and reduced the brightness of the picture before taking it hence the silhouette
Bang!!!
Thank you for that....

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Vickyamiable(f): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Updated.. Any questions on settings or how the pictures were taken is welcomed

Hello, good evening, please i want to know the settings you used for the pix where they are playing handball, did you use your phone or camera? Is it direct from the camera or you edited the pix to give you such result, thanks
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2016
Vickyamiable:

Hello, good evening, please i want to know the settings you used for the pix where they are playing handball, did you use your phone or camera? Is it direct from the camera or you edited the pix to give you such result, thanks
I used my native iPhone camera which is automatically set to touch focus, I focused on the sky and just reduced my exposure. That's all
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 11:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I love the Monochrome Look..
It's been awhile Mate, the Second Picture though!

only if I can give 5000likes
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 4:27am On Jun 19, 2016
OmichaelO:

Thank you.. I appreciate your kind words.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
OmichaelO:

I would double it! smiley

My Oga!! cc: SmooshCHN

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2016
Brimmie:

I would double it! smiley
My Oga!! cc: SmooshCHN
hehe grin grin I will triple it. highest bidder. lol
how have you been mate?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
OmichaelO:
hehe grin grin
I will triple it. highest bidder. lol

how have you been mate?

Been good man! I've been so busy. Are you in Lag?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2016
Brimmie:

Been good man! I've been so busy. Are you in Lag?
No Bro! 042 (Enugu) What's up?
please what do you think about canon 650d
cc: smooshCHN
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2016
Brimmie:
[/quote]Been a while!!! How've you been?? cheesy
[quote author=OmichaelO post=46930805]No Bro! 042 (Enugu)
What's up?
please what do you think about canon 650d
cc: smooshCHN
Hello Michael, I'd advice you to drop the Canon 650D.. They're far better DSLRs for far less the price. Imagine the Canon 650D $1200 vs Nikon D5300 $650 of which the Nikon is obviously better camera or the boss Nikon D5500 $820 which has a touch screen for video. I'm just efficient by nature and don't really care about names and products. But If you want Canon strictly you can go for the Canon 70D. But the Nikon D5500 OR D5300 which will surely do a better job than the Canon 650D and 70D.. The extra $600 or $400 can be used to flash and other accessories.

I may not reply later cos i have exams in 2 days but i'll surely reply later.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
Canon 650D vs Nikon D5500..

Canon 650D ns Nikon D5300

OmichaelO PLEASE GO THROUGH THE PICTURES CAREFULLY AND PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Been a while!!! How've you been?? cheesy
Hello Michael, I'd advice you to drop the Canon 650D.. They're far better DSLRs for far less the price. Imagine the Canon 650D $1200 vs Nikon D5300 $650 of which the Nikon is obviously better camera or the boss Nikon D5500 $820 which has a touch screen for video. I'm just efficient by nature and don't really care about names and products. But If you want Canon strictly you can go for the Canon 70D. But the Nikon D5500 OR D5300 which will surely do a better job than the Canon 650D and 70D.. The extra $600 or $400 can be used to flash and other accessories.

I may not reply later cos i have exams in 2 days but i'll surely reply later.
Thank you so much. And all the best in your exams mate! easy with the questions and don't answer too many, because I know you're going to kill and bury them all. grin grin
I have a friend writing her exams over there too.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2016
OmichaelO:
Thank you so much. And all the best in your exams mate! easy with the questions and don't answer too many, because I know you're going to kill and bury them all. grin grin
I have a friend writing her exams over there too.
Thank you so much.. Wouldn't be a bad idea if meet your friend here in China or say me hy to her.. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.. Take care
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Thank you so much.. Wouldn't be a bad idea if meet your friend here in China or say me hy to her.. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.. Take care
which region are you ? I will update when I confirm where she is!

It won't be a bad idea. smiley

Thank you once again
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by oluwarichie(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Awesome work @adewale...... am just starting off as a photographer...got myself a Nikon D5100 (entry level)...tho I have a trainer buh I love to know more from you....you on whatsapp ot bbm sir?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Just ended my exams. Would be back to updating the thread. Sorry guys.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
oluwarichie:
Awesome work @adewale...... am just starting off as a photographer...got myself a Nikon D5100 (entry level)...tho I have a trainer buh I love to know more from you....you on whatsapp ot bbm sir?
I'm sorry. I've had bad experiences with dropping my number here. You can use the pm link in my NL profile I'll send you my number through email. I hope you understand smiley
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 3:21am On Jul 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I'm sorry. I've had bad experiences with dropping my number here. You can use the pm link in my NL profile I'll send you my number through email. I hope you understand smiley
how was your exam bro?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 3:45am On Jul 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
My Last Portrait Sessions with a friend.. I've been looking to take more portraits as its been my weak point.
bro, this third picture. how can i edit a picture like that? i mean the application used or name of effect. thank you
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:24am On Jul 05, 2016
OmichaelO:
bro, this third picture. how can i edit a picture like that? i mean the application used or name of effect. thank you
It's a Macro shot. I used a special phone external lens to achieve it.. And that's all.. Thank you so much. I'm done with my exams.

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
It's a Macro shot. I used a special phone external lens to achieve it.. And that's all.. Thank you so much. I'm done with my exams.
Thank you.
How did it go?

I was able to get across to my friend. She's done too

This is the picture I meant. Sorry for the inconvenience

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by YOMITEWIN(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
These were taken some weeks ago. One of those images I overlook cos they just look casual.

Good morning SmooshCHN I'm an aspiring photographer want to become a professional photographer. I want to post some few pictures I took sometime ago with my Infinix hot note and edited it with photoArt and picsArt

I want you to rate me

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
YOMITEWIN:

Good morning SmooshCHN I'm an aspiring photographer want to become a professional photographer. I want to post some few pictures I took sometime ago with my Infinix hot note and edited it with photoArt and picsArt

I want you to rate me
I'm not smooshchn, but I have few comments

The snail and the night photo make sense.

The watermark should be a bit smaller. "my opinion"

Good job
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by YOMITEWIN(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
OmichaelO:
I'm not smooshchn, but I have few comments

The snail and the night photo make sense.

The watermark should be a bit smaller. "my opinion"

Good job

Thanks bro
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
OmichaelO:
Thank you.
How did it go?

I was able to get across to my friend. She's done too

This is the picture I meant. Sorry for the inconvenience
I took the shot like you'd normally take any picture but I edited it in Adobe Lightroom and reduced the saturation on the surrounding except on my main subject. That's all

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
YOMITEWIN:

I want you to rate me
I won't rate you cos it's disrespectful on my side as I'm not a Professional myself but I'll give you tips..
The 1st and 3rd are pretty much the same or have the same concept of friendship. You don't need to shoot the whole surrounding, their height or full image. If you really want to command response and feelings of friendship in a picture of people, you should shoot tighter or crop it tighter, there's no need for the really large space you had to blur out with the app.
For the second, you can get closer to the snail or crop it closer, every surrounding without meaning to your picture/subject should always be cropped out. Exception was if the snail was on leaves which shows it's natural habitat.
The last picture is great. I like the feeling of the nightlife of Lagos.
it's not balanced. You should move more to your left like you're in the middle of the road on the bridge you're on.. It'll make it more balanced since more cars are on your right and the left has been virtually empty.

In conclusion, shoot closer to emphasize your subject and shoot with your phone straight not a little bent. If you want to bend the phone let's say 45degrees do it but don't let it appear like you made a mistake or didn't handle the phone properly.
Keep working on your composition till you get you camera. All the best Yomi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics) / Using Liquid Latex to Create Realistic Wounds and Skin Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.